+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

Re: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

Wow, I'm just not "getting" the Manganiello-love thing I hear so much of....but to each his (or her) own.

I have stuck with this show although they have dragged out the reveal of the mother for waayyyy to long and I'm glad it's the last season. The actress who plays the mother looks a lot like Lily, which is interesting in itself. I wonder if the writers purposely chose an actress who looks similar to her?

Anyway, I resurrected this thread because I see that current episodes of HIMYM are now available On Demand! I know that reruns on TBS have been available but I'm happy to see the new episodes will now be available as well. With all the new shows and returning favorites, it's just too hard to catch everything when it airs and I despise watching shows on the computer.

I hope this final season will be Legen - wait for it...-dary!
    AmyKay, Dragonlady and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I gave up on the show 2 seasons ago. It went from one of my do not miss shows, to if I catch it I catch it. I will miss Barney the most when the show is over and hope NPH gets another show.
    holly71 likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Barney is fun, now way he gets and or stays married. No matter how hot Colby Smulders is.

I think the two of them worked out the Simpson curse problem and will be just fine.

I, too, haven't watched in a couple of years, but have kept up on the news. I also watched On Demand (you can FF CBS shows through the commercials - yay) as DWTS and The Voice fill up my DVR/viewing between 8-10 on Mondays. Anyway, I liked the introduction to the Mother...the driving gloves, etc.

What I found annoying was Lily going into monster mode while hubby went into dense and denser mode. I'm surprised they didn't have baby crying sounds throughout...so...so... Anyway, I liked how they jumped into the future in the last scene and think that is how they will play out the season.
    Hyper likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I may be among the few who's watched this every season........and I still love it. The characters have changed somewhat during all these years but it's still good to me. Glad we finally met The Mother. She seems a little quirky, which is perfect for Ted, whom I love dearly.
    Don't ask me why...have no answer for that.
    AmyKay, Hyper and WrigleyDogA2 like this.

Im with you Dragonlady, I have watched every season. All of the back and forth between Ted and Robin (especially the recent locket thing) had me yelling at the TV "stop it!" but I stuck with it. I too love Josh Radnor...along with NPH.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

FORT Fogey

Anyone still watching? Has Ted met the mother yet? DISH has dropped the CBS station, and I don't want to waste time watching the episodes on cbs.com if they haven't met because that's the only thing I care abut at this point ... oh yeah, and whether Barney and Robin actually got married ... but mostly whether Ted and the mother have met.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, Lily and the mom have met (on the train to the wedding). She's apparently going to be in the band for the wedding. The whole season so far has been the 3 or 4 days before the wedding...so the show starts with a heading like "55 hours before the wedding". Each episode is a little closer to the wedding. Last time I watched everyone but Marshall was on site and he was on his way.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

I'm still watching because I love it and am dreading that it will end this year. But I do like it when a show goes out while on top. Hate it when a show gets so bad because it's been on for too long.
    Hyper likes this.

+ Reply to Thread