+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Barney and Robin just broke up, and the vast majority of people aren't spoiled so don't know a new (possibly serious) love interest is coming for him. Any wedding is a loooong time away, and so therefore is any meeting of the mother for Ted or us, assuming that's where she's seen. They need to at least drop a hint or a mention every now and then to remind the audience why the show has its title.
    They have dropped hints. They keep showing us Barney's wedding, where Ted is the best man, and he says that is where he met the mother. Granted, they have only been showing the wedding in the first and last episodes of the season, so a little reminder would be nice.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2 View Post
    They have dropped hints. They keep showing us Barney's wedding, where Ted is the best man, and he says that is where he met the mother. Granted, they have only been showing the wedding in the first and last episodes of the season, so a little reminder would be nice.
    Okay, so at this point since I'm totally bored with the show, I'll wait till Barney's wedding to watch it again.

this is kinda spoilerish but not really - we did see Barney's future wedding and we do know Ted meets his wife at Barney's wedding, I read that the writers are using at least this season, and maybe next to bring us back to real time and show us who Barney gets married.

this show has been less and less about Ted meeting his wife.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Regarding Robin, I didn't see that coming!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm guessing the baby is Kevin's since her tryst with Barney was too recent.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Regarding Robin, I didn't see that coming!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm guessing the baby is Kevin's since her tryst with Barney was too recent.
    I didn't see it coming either. Not really a storyline that is going to interest me though
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I was really hoping they wouldn't go there, but they did. They are running out of ideas for this show now.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    I was really hoping they wouldn't go there, but they did. They are running out of ideas for this show now.
    I agree. I really would prefer that they wrap up the whole show this season with Lilly and Marshall moving to Long Island, Barney and Robin getting married, get on to Ted meeting the mother, and that's it! However, since there seems to be no chance of that happening, I hope next season is the last season.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Found last night's discussion between Barney and Ted, of the "If only we were gay", pretty funny given that NPH is gay (and out). I wonder how much input he got to the dialogue...which was like a straight guy's image of a gay male relationship.
    Was nice to see Barney showing some interest (if shallow) in having a baby....

Regarding the pregnancy. There is a lot of spoiler/speculation that in the next episode
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Robin receives bad news which is her losing the baby
    . It's not confirmed, but that's the leading theory.

You know it could just be a case of the store bought pregnancy test gave a false positive and when she went to the doctor she was told differently. That would go along with the whole tired story line any way.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

+ Reply to Thread