+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3815532;
    Yeah, they only have clips of the kids from season 1, and maybe the first parts of season 2, I can't remember for sure. But if you really watch the clips, you will see they are reused, the kids in the same poses, etc.
    One of my friends, who is obsessed with this show, told me that they took the kids and made them sit there, in front of a camera, for hours to get the footage of them looking genuinely bored.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3814659;
    While this is a legit concern, I wouldn't worry too much. The final episode has already been filmed, so they always have that if it canceled earlier than planned. (they had to do that because they didn't want the kids to get older)
    Back in it's infancy and they didn't know if they'd make the 5 yr storyline arc that is required by a network they had an ending they could use - now whether or not they would use that particular ending, I don't know (but doubt). I would think they've had ample time to find the mother they actually want in the role, rather than the quick fix mother that they would've had if the second/third seasons weren't picked up.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

No comments on this show for quite a while. I missed a few episodes because I forgot to record it while I was watching DWTS. Has there been any progress toward Ted meeting the mother or any clues for the viewers? I did catch a couple of the Zoey episodes and found them distinctly blah. I hope she doesn't turn out to be the mother in some kind of hate turns to love twist. Boring!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4117843;
    No comments on this show for quite a while. I missed a few episodes because I forgot to record it while I was watching DWTS. Has there been any progress toward Ted meeting the mother or any clues for the viewers? I did catch a couple of the Zoey episodes and found them distinctly blah. I hope she doesn't turn out to be the mother in some kind of hate turns to love twist. Boring!
    I agree. Those were my fears when she kept reappearing on new episodes. So very cliché for TV to use the hate-each-other-until-they-fall-in-love storyline.
    Love this show! It just keeps getting better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4118432;
    I agree. Those were my fears when she kept reappearing on new episodes. So very cliché for TV to use the hate-each-other-until-they-fall-in-love storyline.
    Love this show! It just keeps getting better and better.
    See, I've been bored with it this season. I just feel like it's going no were. But, I'm completely devoted now to the show and will never stop watching.

FORT Fan

I agree, reneekk! I read somewhere that ratings fell last year because they got too far off the premise, and this year they were going to tighten things back up and possibly reveal the mother by the end of the season. I hope they do, there's been so many extras that it's hard to keep the clues straight. Didn't they reveal that the mother was in the class on his first teaching day? Seems that if that's so, Zoe's probably not the mom otherwise I think they would have referenced that by now. And isn't the mother the roommate of the one chick he dated that ended up being a lesbian?

FORT Fogey

I was bored with it, too, this season, which is probably why I forgot to DVR it. I need some hints about the mother to keep me watching! I love Neil Patrick Harris, but Barney is pretty much a one-note caricature by now. What a waste of talent. Was watching a rerun of Roseanne late the other night, and there he was all those years ago as Doogie Howser in Roseanne's dream. Such a cutie!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I have to agree with what most others are saying here. Usually I can see how each episode is leading towards Ted finding his wife, but I just don't see it this season. And I'm so tired of the whole Zooey storyline. I still love the show; but, it seems pointless lately.

The Slapsgiving seasons were the pinnacle; now they have to either pick up steam again, or dwindle away. I hope they can rally!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And let's not forget the umbrella clue....

+ Reply to Thread