+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

FORT Fogey

Re: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay;3793777;
    I too love this show and NPH! well we are a bit closer to meeting the mother...but im not sure how close. Wasnt there an old episode of him running into someone with a yellow umbrella? I was thinking it was the Sarah Chalke (sp?) character. Maybe I dreamed it cuz I wanted her to be the mom.
    I think we were supposed to think it was the Sarah Chalke character, but supposedly the mother is one of the students in the wrong class (economics, was it?) that Ted walked into on his first day of teaching. I wish we would see something ... anything ... that brings us closer to knowing who she is. It's like they dropped that whole part of the show this season. Perhaps we'll get a hint around May so the show will get another year. Personally, I think it's a mistake not to give a hint now and then. They might find themselves off the air sooner than expected, as that's the whole premise of the show, not that I don't enjoy the other characters.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3794085;
    I think we were supposed to think it was the Sarah Chalke character, but supposedly the mother is one of the students in the wrong class (economics, was it?) that Ted walked into on his first day of teaching. I wish we would see something ... anything ... that brings us closer to knowing who she is. It's like they dropped that whole part of the show this season. Perhaps we'll get a hint around May so the show will get another year. Personally, I think it's a mistake not to give a hint now and then. They might find themselves off the air sooner than expected, as that's the whole premise of the show, not that I don't enjoy the other characters.
    The girl that was in the wrong class isn't the girl. Ted picked up a yellow school bus and commented on it when he went to pick her up for the date and she said that it was her roommates
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3794191;
    The girl that was in the wrong class isn't the girl. Ted picked up a yellow school bus and commented on it when he went to pick her up for the date and she said that it was her roommates
    Maybe you mean yellow umbrella? I must have missed that episode. Did it definitely state that the roommate wasn't also in that class?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3794234;
    Maybe you mean yellow umbrella? I must have missed that episode. Did it definitely state that the roommate wasn't also in that class?
    In last night's epi Ted went dated the girl that was in the class he mistakenly started teaching his first day at the University. He met her on campus one day and she told him she remembered him from that class. When he went to pick her up at her apartment, he commented on a yellow school bus that was sitting on a shelf. She said it belonged to her roommate. Later, it was seen in the home behind the kids as he told the story. Her roomate (the mother) was not in the class. I though we actually learned alot about the mother last night. She plays bass in a band, she paints robots, she does something weird with singing breakfast food...something like that ...she and Ted enjoy the same obscure CD and book, and we saw her...wait for it....naked ankle ! All in all a most excellent 100th show And truly, there ain't nothing like a suit!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3794957;
    In last night's epi Ted went dated the girl that was in the class he mistakenly started teaching his first day at the University. He met her on campus one day and she told him she remembered him from that class. When he went to pick her up at her apartment, he commented on a yellow school bus that was sitting on a shelf. She said it belonged to her roommate. Later, it was seen in the home behind the kids as he told the story. Her roomate (the mother) was not in the class. I though we actually learned alot about the mother last night. She plays bass in a band, she paints robots, she does something weird with singing breakfast food...something like that ...she and Ted enjoy the same obscure CD and book, and we saw her...wait for it....naked ankle ! All in all a most excellent 100th show And truly, there ain't nothing like a suit!
    Thanks for explaining all that! I DVR'd this week's episode but haven't watched it yet. Looking forward to it now!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3794234;

No I mean the bus, and he said to his kids that it was sitting right behind them and they flashed to it.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3794957;
    I finally watched the episode. Ted definitely says in a voice-over to his kids that he didn't know when he walked into the wrong class that day that the mother WAS in that class. Both the roommate and the mother were in that economics class.

I have never seen the show, but since Carrie s scheduled to be on & since the conversation is about Ted, here is a tweet about the part Carrie will play. Taping began yesterday.

In an upcomingflashback, we see nice-guy Ted treat a girl like dirt. Dirt! The story plays counterpoint to one about Tiffany (Carrie Underwood) taking advantage of Ted. What goes around, comes around.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Besides the mom was in the (wrong) classroom episode there was an episode a year or two ago when it was said they were both in the same place...maybe a bar or at a music show... where someone took Ted's umbrella and he took someone else's.... I think it was meant to be hers and it was yellow... all very fuzzy noiw.
    And it can't be Sarah C. because we've been shown she's very happy with the father of her kid. Unless he dies and one of the kids he's talking to is that kid.
    PS Been traveling so missed the last couple of episodes.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3803067;
    Besides the mom was in the (wrong) classroom episode there was an episode a year or two ago when it was said they were both in the same place...maybe a bar or at a music show... where someone took Ted's umbrella and he took someone else's.... I think it was meant to be hers and it was yellow... all very fuzzy noiw.
    And it can't be Sarah C. because we've been shown she's very happy with the father of her kid. Unless he dies and one of the kids he's talking to is that kid.
    PS Been traveling so missed the last couple of episodes.
    Regarding the bolded, that's basically correct.

+ Reply to Thread