+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

FORT Fan

Re: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

That slap countdown had to be the best part of the episode!

So how long do you think they're going to drag out this yellow umbrella storyline without actually introducing the character underneath it?

aaaand last but not least, how much therapy would those kids need after they heard all about their dad's sexual escapades - not to mention those of his friends too?:nono

Bringing this back because I watched the "Britney" episode. She wasn't bad. Nothing overly special, but I was suprised with how normal they were able to make her look. She did well enough, but overall the episode was really lacking for me.

I thought Britney's performance was okay... I chuckled a couple of times. The overall episode didn't do much for me either, canadian_angel however I like the "2-minute date" at the end.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

It was a cute episode, and Britney probably looked better than she has in at least three years. But I'm a total geek because I loved the 2 minute date and was impressed with a four to five minute tracking shot on a network comedy.

I liked the 2 minute date too, so cute! I kept waiting for it to rain and her to bring out her umbrella....
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

The 2 minute date was adorable. I'll give the episode that much.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And was it my imagination or did the doc say that the only time she'd been out recently, other than girls night out, was for St. Patrick's day and she left early... and remember last week he said, your mother was at the bar but luckily she left early (the episode where he was doing the reverse karma thing, being bad and getting rewarded). So, is this their mother? Or was she at the party with "the girls" and one of them is?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2870413;
    And was it my imagination or did the doc say that the only time she'd been out recently, other than girls night out, was for St. Patrick's day and she left early... and remember last week he said, your mother was at the bar but luckily she left early (the episode where he was doing the reverse karma thing, being bad and getting rewarded). So, is this their mother? Or was she at the party with "the girls" and one of them is?
    That's what I was wondering too. Alicia Silverstone was originally slated to be the doctor and although not confirmed, it was hinted that she might be "the mother". With the recast of Sarah Chalke (who still has one more season commitment to Scrubs) maybe they are waiting until she is available before deciding if she will be the mother (and possibly fan reaction?). I like her so I'd be okay with her being the mother. I guess if she ever mentions she lost her yellow umbrella we'll know she's the one.

Now the question is, she said she has a daughter who is in 3rd grade. So the girl in Ted's flash forwards (you can tell I'm a Lost fan by using lingo from that show ) can't be her daughter as the ages wouldn't match up (I don't think). I forget what year Ted is talking to them and the daughter looks to be about 16 or so.

I don't necessarily want to see a season of courtship leading up to marriage but with this show on the bubble of renewal, I'd like to at least get a decent send-off with us finally knowing who the mother is if the show gets canceled in the next couple of seasons.

Maybe they'll have Alicia be one of her 'girlfriends' from that night. I like Sarah, she'd be a good addition to the show.

I also liked Britney's performance (I mean not LOVED but liked). I think acting is a good nitch for her, I remember her Will and Grace one and liked her on that too. Maybe that's what she should be doing instead of this crazy/rehab/losing her babies thing.

They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

This show is my new obsession, I've seen the episodes so far this season, and the last few of the season prior. I've bought S1 and S2 and am 3 episodes in. Therefore, I've read 4 pages of this thread, but no more as I don't want to be spoiled. Any credence to my theory of Ted and Robin being married, but he is not "Dad" to these children? Whether they are Robin's kids (the girl kind of looks like her) from another relationship, or if they're say, someone elses' kids (and he is Uncle Ted telling them how he met "your mother"....

Does Ted = Dad? are we sure? ( I want to know, but I don't want to know for sure!!!)
    Could does not mean should

+ Reply to Thread