+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

LOVE NPH---can't imagine anyone else in the role. OH, and I ADORED that they didn't forget about the slap bet. I'm so looking forward to the rest of the slaps.

What the heck was that Psych Dog thing last night? anyone?

I thought they were saying "zitch dog" but have no idea what that means either Seemed to be like punch bug without the punch...or the bug. LOL OK, it was a "find the dog" kind of game. And Ted sucks at it.

I think it's interesting to compare Neil Patrick Harris with the guy who plays George on "Grey's Anatomy". Both are gay men who are playing straight characters. I COMPLETELY believe Neil's character on the show is a complete horndog. On the other hand, George's actor is so unhetero that it almost makes it painful to watch him in romantic scenes on Greys. He's just completely not believable as a straight man.

Perhaps this is because it's easier to act a player than to act a real man in a relationship? Or should we just conclude that Neil is the better actor?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;2275352;
    I think it's interesting to compare Neil Patrick Harris with the guy who plays George on "Grey's Anatomy". Both are gay men who are playing straight characters. I COMPLETELY believe Neil's character on the show is a complete horndog. On the other hand, George's actor is so unhetero that it almost makes it painful to watch him in romantic scenes on Greys. He's just completely not believable as a straight man.

Perhaps this is because it's easier to act a player than to act a real man in a relationship? Or should we just conclude that Neil is the better actor?
    I don't know... before everyone was outed I found George quite believable as a less skilled guy (always studying, on the outside of his traditionally macho family). And if I hadn't actually know a meterosexual guy like NPH's character I would have found him a little hard to believe. Just too totally over the top, especially since his friends are so relatively "normal" in their relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;2275352;

I've only seen one complete episode of this show, though I like the bits and pieces I generally see. Until this last episode, where Allyson's character is a 'wife' of convienience to enable Harris's character to get rid of one night stands, I took it for granted that he was playing a gay man on the show. I don't personally know any metrosexuals though I understand they exist, but still, I'm going to have a tough time buying into over the top Harris as horndog without some substantial compensating as a primary reason.

George appears straight enough to me on Grey's; I fumbled around as bad or worse than he does with women for what seemed like an eternity and a half, but even after strike million and three, it was women that I fantasized about.

Give George a decade or three, he'll straighten out eventually, even if he has to work at it rather than it being his natural state, whereas I don't see a similar progression for metro Harris ever. Or not until his come ons don't attract as they used to, leading him toward a possible moderation.

Last night's ep totally solidified why Ted and Robin won't be working out. She is way too set in her ways and they have next to nothing in common. I loved Barney's love truck! I am starting to get tired of Ted and robin, I would like to see a resolution to them breaking up. They have dragged on for way to long.

FORT Fan
    I am starting to get tired of Ted and robin, I would like to see a resolution to them breaking up. They have dragged on for way to long.
    I agree completely. We've known since the first few episodes that he doesn't marry Robin, so don't waste my time with this storyline. Glad to see they didn't actually totally forget about Ted's future bride. I was afraid the show was going to get totally away from that.

I still want the baker to come back. They seemed good together.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;2304726;
    I agree completely. We've known since the first few episodes that he doesn't marry Robin, so don't waste my time with this storyline. Glad to see they didn't actually totally forget about Ted's future bride. I was afraid the show was going to get totally away from that.

I still want the baker to come back. They seemed good together.

I really liked her too, but I don't think she is their mother either. I wish we would get some clue as to who it is. Just a mention or about that being the night that he met their mother, but they have to actually let us know who it is yet. I am sick about watching his relationship to Aunt Robin.

Re: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

I LOVED the slap countdown at the end of the season premiere. Poor Barney.

Also the way everyone kept mispronouncing Gael was hilarious. Gale? Girl? Kyle?

+ Reply to Thread