+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

I Is Stephanie
    YES!!! I was laughing so hard at that...

"And kids, that went on for about 40 more minutes."

I definitely like it when they show another side of Barney, even if it IS really shallow, or debatable as a different side of him. He's got more to himself then sex, and the writers are starting to do a really good job of showing us that.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

ARGHH! I fell asleep like 10 minutes before the ep started! GRAARGH!

With respect to last week's episode (the trip to Chicago), I guess it's now clear that Robin definitely isn't the mother. He said to his kids that if he had made that trip and gotten that job and had to move to Chicago, he wouldn't have met their mother.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2250389;
    With respect to last week's episode (the trip to Chicago), I guess it's now clear that Robin definitely isn't the mother. He said to his kids that if he had made that trip and gotten that job and had to move to Chicago, he wouldn't have met their mother.
    I caught that too. I wonder how long they plan on having him be with Robin. If I was the eventual mother, I might have a hard time with my husband still being so friendly with a woman he was in a relationship with for a long time. And since he refers to her as "Aunt Robin" to the children, I'm guessing she is still a part of his life. Or maybe I'm just too territorial when it comes to my husband.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Mr. Rattus is friendly with the original Mr. Rattus, likely because he knows that I have no interest whatsoever in restarting anything. In fact, *shudder* . Ted and Robin's relationship already seems more like a good buddy relationship to me anyway, rather than a passionately romantic one. Like a lot of people, he was likely confusing the fact that he likes someone of the opposite gender with being in looovvvve.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I just adore this show One of the early eps last year, though, when he was going on and on about Robin, the kids said "and that's how you met mom?" and 2030 Ted answered "no, that's how I met your Aunt Robin" so they did establish early that Robin isn't "mom". I think it's kinda funny that he talks about these women and the kids are like "was THAT mom?" And he says their names...I mean what teenager doesn't know their mom's first name? Why would they have to ask if THAT was mom? If mom isn't named Robin, then, well....duh.....

i think most of the time, he doesn't mention the woman's name right away, just a description of how they met. Like with the Thanksgiving ep where they went to the strip club and ted gave all of his money to a homeless guy and a stripper thought that was so sweet. Then he ends with...and that's how I met your mom. Kidding!

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTVchick;2252057;
    I just adore this show One of the early eps last year, though, when he was going on and on about Robin, the kids said "and that's how you met mom?" and 2030 Ted answered "no, that's how I met your Aunt Robin" so they did establish early that Robin isn't "mom". I think it's kinda funny that he talks about these women and the kids are like "was THAT mom?" And he says their names...I mean what teenager doesn't know their mom's first name? Why would they have to ask if THAT was mom? If mom isn't named Robin, then, well....duh.....
    I don't know, that might have been a subtle hint that their mom's name is Robin, I mean, there's a very finite number of women's names out there.

And in regards to having Ted and Robin together, I don't think it will last much longer. I'm only 14, but if there's one thing I've learned from the PrimeTime lineup, it's that you don't want to move in with your significant other, you'll be breaking up with them by the end of the season. I don't know though. He might go through an engagment-breakoff thing with Robin first, that would probably stretch it out a few seasons.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2248256;
    Tonight's episode was hilarious! My favorite part? Barney's "play" - "Moist....moist.....moist. .."
    I thought the water pistol was a good part too.

As for Robin, I had thought in the first season when she was mentioned she was called "Aunt Robin", wonder if she ended up marrying Barney.

As for a few posts back and discussing parents sex lives. I know nothing about my mother's prior to marriage but my dad sat us down when we were older teens (about age 17-18) and had several long talks about sex and being young and how guys will say and do anything to have sex. His tag line was always "I was a guy, I said some things or watched my friends say them. So I know guys."

A friend of mine was along for one of these talks and she called me a few weeks later from her college all excited because a guy used a line on her that my dad said guys used. We were all laughing because it sounded corny, the old "I'm shipping out in the morning so give me something to remember you by." and she noted it sounded just as corny when it was used on her, but she noted it appeared to work on the next girl.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

There is a really nice article about Neil Patrick Harris in this week's Entertainment Weekly. Mainly about his transfer from kid star to adult star, not picturing himself as an advocate and how Barney was originally written to be a "Chris Farley" type until he nailed his audition.

+ Reply to Thread