+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: How I Met Your Mother on CBS

I Is Stephanie
    About the 1.1.07 episode--

When did they ffirst air it? It has to be a re-run because Lily's air is still red, but I faithfully watched the first season and saw all the episodes, and I couldn't remember ever seeing it. My sister couldn't remember either, and my doggi didn't recognize it either (At least I don't think she did...). Does anyone have an idea of when it was first on?

Edit-- I answered my own question (Thank you Wikipedia!) It premiered smometime in November, so I have no clue why no one I know recognized it.... weirdness.
    Last edited by 11sstephanie; 01-02-2007 at 05:57 PM.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Does anyone know when a new episode will be shown?

It's supposed to be Monday (the 8th). At least that's what it says on the CBS website. Let's hope they're right .

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2190261;
    They come up every now and then. At the start of season 2, they are whining to Ted... 'DAD, CAN WE PLEEEEEEEASE GO? IT'S LIKE YOU'VE BEEN TALKING FOR A YEAR!' And they do have a lot of Bob Saget narration, it's just all concentrated on the episodes when you need explaining to fill in any gaps. However, (correct me if I'm wrong here) there is just a little bit of set-up at the start of each show by 2030 Ted.

Thank you

Well the kids were back last night, with their dad yet again being all creepy and discussing sex with them.

Funniest parts - Barney pretending his first time was ala Dirty Dancing

I Is Stephanie
    I thought it was funny what Ted was doing... not creepy at all! Of course, that could be becuase my dad is terrified of discussing these things with me, forget anything else...

And I really did like how Barney couldn't seem to think of a storyline that was plausable, but didn't use a movie that everyone has seen!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I don't think talking about sex with your kids is creepy, just the going into so much detail and even telling them about his friends first times too

I Is Stephanie
    Well, yeah, but it IS 2030... The things that are acceptable now that I remember as taboo even as little 10 years ago amaze me, I guess we'll see where we are in 2030!

It will be fun to come back to this thread and see what's acceptable that we thought of as "risky" or "unaceptable" in 2007!

I absolutely LOVED Barney's Dirty dancing memory with his face replacing Patrick Swayze's And how great was it so see that Ted falls in love with basically every woman he is with .

Tonight's episode was hilarious! My favorite part? Barney's "play" - "Moist....moist.....moist. .."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread