+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: "Threshold" - CBS Fridays

I had a hard time keeping focused on the show last night.

I'm not giving up on it - but something was missing for me last night
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

Quote Originally Posted by riblit
    I had a hard time keeping focused on the show last night.

I'm not giving up on it - but something was missing for me last night
    i had that attitude last week, but i officially dropped the show yesterday

it seems like they are gonna stucture the whole season so that every episode has a freak that they go after who was exposed to the alien signal and then there is boring filler as the b-story that makes no sense

i didn't know what the hell the point of the show was yesterday... they started with computer chips, then asians in a washateria stealing timers, stupid partner storyline, kavaunnah needing to go home, man too much stuff and the show isn't progressing...

i got fed up

I still like and will continue to watch the show. It's certainly not Lost, but what is? It's also a lead-in to Numb3rs, which I rarely miss.

I very much like almost all of the cast and the concept is the most unique of all this year's sci-fi/fantasy shows. I would like to see more story or backstory about the characters. I hope the show will develop along those lines, but I'm not impatient with the pacing.

I'm not giving up yet - hopefully last night was an anomoly and next week will go back to being fabulous

I like the cast well enough to stick with it for now

What was the point of the taxi scene? Did he just kill him to steal his clothes or did I miss something more dramatic?

Quote Originally Posted by cadcmmngs
    What was the point of the taxi scene? Did he just kill him to steal his clothes or did I miss something more dramatic?
    I don't know and its kind of looking like the show people don't either.

Other than the initial visual of the 4th dimention baddie, Threshold really hasn't offered much in the way of satisfaction. Perhaps that is part of its design. Supposedly set in the here and now beginning in September 2005, maybe the show is actually supposed to be about government ineptness instead of alien baddies.

It seemed strange from the start, a North Korean sub directly off our eastern coastline where a significant portion of our naval might is based and they needed to destroy our naval vessel to prevent the North Koreans from storming the site with their 2000 ton (presumably) diesel sub? Get outta here.

Our salvation depends on a single handful of people because they can't afford to let the truth be known? I don't understand why they couldn't expand their support group large enough to work around the clock. In the event there were leaks couldn't someone connect them with the Department of Disinformation to create a palatable unreal tale of denial?

So much for the power that Threshold wields, Homeland Security trumped that easily enough, and presumably because they went into sulk mode the Threshold crew didn't bother pointing out what type of extraordinary measures would be needed to corral the bad guy HS had snagged. Nice acting on girl wonders part acting at all surprised that he'd escaped, or maybe shes just tired having the world on her shoulders, otherwise they should have expected it to the point of positioning themselves for the inevitable escape.

Next weeks promo looks promising, hopefully its not just a bait and switch. Having a bunch of people come down with alien disco fever might do the trick to shake things up rather than dealing with one more bad character per episode. They'll need to expand eventually if they keep killing off the bad dudes, that is if they really have. I would have been more comfortable if they'd taken a chain saw to the asian guy. The way they were showing the draped figure in the autopsy chamber I fully expected him to reaminate in short order.

I would have been more comfortable if they'd taken a chain saw to the asian guy. The way they were showing the draped figure in the autopsy chamber I fully expected him to reaminate in short order.
    Me too! I sooooo expected him to just sit up and have them end the episode with that!

so... only caught the last half of tonight's episode. Kind of wishing I'd seen the whole thing! It seems like they stepped things up a bit.

I did see enough to ensure that I'm going to give it at least one more week

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Tonight they spent an awful lot of time on how the heroine wants to "save" the people who have gone over to the other side and her advisor person (the black guy..I don't know anyone's name) is discouraging her due to his experiences with someone (a kid?) who went the drug route. He doesn't seem to get it that she's also been infected... and maybe could crossover some time....
    Watched this episode with someone who knows computers and the like...he kept saying that the science was completely off. One can know too much!

can anyone tell me what was the preview for next week? i taped it on a canadian channel and they don't show previews. boohiss

+ Reply to Thread