+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: "Threshold" - CBS Fridays

Right Here, Right Now Britannia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    that review is not sketchy at all, that is exactly what happened

the actual show was probably more confusing, i caught it on an alternate channel since we were gripping for hurricane rita to touch down

i am confused also about the dude with the laptop, and if the kids weren't affected, why were a gang of 'em chasing her when she found the dude with the laptop and she went and hid in the map room

The military FBI marine guy kinda explained it in the showdown between them and the kids. They go to a military school and are trained to accept and carry out orders from those who are higher up - the guy who was infected was in charge over them and ordered them to chase her and to guard the generator.

The FBI guy told them that he is a marine and therefore his orders override anyone's at the Military School and to put their weapons down. The kids weren't infected but were acting out orders from their superior who told them that the school was under attack. Hope that explains it a little. I love this show. I'm sitting on the sofa with a cushion ready to put over my face. Some of it is really creepy. Is Peter Dinklage the smaller guy? He cracks me up!
    It's a fair cop guv - you got me bang to rights and no mistake!

yeah, it's just the way they made it look like the kids were zombies or something

Quote Originally Posted by Britannia
    Is Peter Dinklage the smaller guy? He cracks me up!
    Yup. I wish he had the starring role, but I'll take what I can get.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Those kids did look like zombies, I really thought for a second right before they laid their guns down that the kid in front was going to shoot Cavanaugh. (is that his name, anyway? I haven't caught it for sure yet )

The very first scene last night...when the guys head or face exploded....just EWWW. Yet, I was compelled to watch for more of that stuff.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7
    Those kids did look like zombies, I really thought for a second right before they laid their guns down that the kid in front was going to shoot Cavanaugh. (is that his name, anyway? I haven't caught it for sure yet )

The very first scene last night...when the guys head or face exploded....just EWWW. Yet, I was compelled to watch for more of that stuff.
    that scene was effective, but just looked like they just splattered some Ragu on the wall

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Love Peter Dinklage.
    I'm so happy to hear someone else say this. I think the only other time I've seen him was in a CSI episode and you didn't get to see much of him.

Anyway, I think the whole Dinklage character is ADORABLE and sexy as all get out. Definitely hooked on this show.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Joining in the Dinkage love...altho maybe some "heightism" here--some of his lines I'd find really a turn off if it weren't for the fact that you think it is cool that his charactor has the obnoxious confidence to say them.
    In terms of adding info to the mystery solving...all we learned was that kids are immune til puberty ( something about the thymus gland shrinking as we age...a possible "cure" or prevention hint for research) and that if any of these guys ever get to a computer and transmit the signal we are done for. Loved that her model for speed of propagation of the signal was the Paris Hilton sex tape!
    I think the janitor may have been infected when the kid was trying to get the grownups to fix his computer, but I'm also a little fuzzy on him.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Yes, they said the janitor was called into help when the kid's computer "froze up", because the janitor was "really good with computers". Perhaps the fact that the janitor was older explains why he self-destructed and the teenager didn't?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie
    I'm so happy to hear someone else say this. I think the only other time I've seen him was in a CSI episode and you didn't get to see much of him.

Anyway, I think the whole Dinklage character is ADORABLE and sexy as all get out. Definitely hooked on this show.

He's the only reason I watch this show. The other characters just don't have enough personality. He is definitely the scene stealer.

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie

I'd recommend the movie, "The Station Agent" to you. Peter Dinklage is the star and does a wonderful job.

+ Reply to Thread