+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beautiful People: ABCFamily

Beautiful People: ABCFamily

http://abcfamily.go.com/beautifulpeople/index.html

Is there anyone out there watching this show with me? Such a sweet little guilty pleasure... love it.

The show stars Daphne Zuniga as a single mother of two girls that moves from small-town New Mexico to NYC when her youngest daughter wins a scholarship to a prestigious prep school. It's a little better than your stereotypical "fish out of water" storyline, and really beautifully acted. The youngest daughter is a natural, and the oldest reminds me of Piper Perabo from Coyote Ugly

I'd copy the storyline here but the website is interactive and not conducive to copying, darnit. But the link is above. (And I just noticed that it also has links to 30 or so NYC webcams, so now I'm homesick, of sorts. )

Monday nights at 9pm on abc family channel.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Another gentle plea to highly recommend this cute little show. It's coming back after its winter hiatus and starting again next Monday, March 6.

Broadway, you're not alone in your guilty pleasure viewing. I love this show too. I'll be happy to discuss it with you. It was one of my must see shows of the summer. I was happy to see it was returning for a second season. I was afraid it wouldn't be back because I didn't hear much in the press about it.

I think ABC Family is running a marathon of the first season this upcoming Sunday for anyone interested.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

! britty, one interesting thing that I've noticed is apparently Nicky Fiske isn't going to remain a main character. I think i saw him in the previews with a shorter haircut, but he's no longer on the list of characters. They're bringing in a new *love* interest for Sophie.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    ! britty, one interesting thing that I've noticed is apparently Nicky Fiske isn't going to remain a main character. I think i saw him in the previews with a shorter haircut, but he's no longer on the list of characters. They're bringing in a new *love* interest for Sophie.

Thanks for the Nicky spoiler Broadway. I heard he's done a couple guest spots on The OC. I did like him for Sophie so I'm slighltly disappointed he's gone.....Oh well, 20 minutes til show time. I'll try to post my thoughts tonite or tmw. Hopefully we'll get others to join us too.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Hey Britty and Broadway, add me to your list too! I gotta admit that I am a fan of the show. I did notice that Nicholas Fisk is going to the backburner and the new guy who Sophie will start to work with is a cutie. I saw the premiere of season 2 last night. Next week looks good when Sophie argues with Lynn. So glad to know that others watch this show too. BTW, do any of you watch Related on the WB?
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

I've watched Related before, but not regularly due to The Bachelor and Prison Break being in that timeslot for this season. It's a cute show and I really enjoy Jennifer Esposito and the blonde sister (can't remember her name.) My SIL is a huge fan.

Last night's episode really hit home for me, as my sister is going through an ongoing custody battle. Some of the details are strikingly similar so as I watched, I felt like I was watching my sister's life on film. *shiver* Poor thing.

Love Annabelle's new look, but I still don't think Gideon quite "got" it. Stupid boys.

I think Annabelle looks much better too and I also think that Gideon still not all that either. I wonder what Sophie ever saw in him but I think she just liked the fact that someone cared so much to think about her and paint her portrait for her, and admire her and yaada yaada yaada. Sophie seems to be a romantic at heart.
    Related: are you talking about the sister with the short blonde hair? Her name on the show is Anne and her real name is Kiele Sanchez or something like that. I was sad when Ginnie lost her baby. And I am sure that Rose is liking Joel now since her bf broke up with her for a shot at stardom and she sees Joel with Chloe which makes her jealous.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Finally got to see the premiere tonite. I thought it was very good. Should be some interesting story lines this season. I agree that Annabelle cleaned up nicely. I'm loving the new look. I never understood what she or Sophie saw in Gideon. I just see him as a brother to them. I really don't want Annabelle wasting her time on him....As for Sophie's new love interest, he's a cutie. Very interesting character!...I do feel badly for Nicky and I can understand why he'd be upset with Lynn. It must be a difficult time for him. I mean the poor guy's mom is also in rehab. That's pretty messed up. Looks like he'll patch things up with Sophie next week only leading to them getting intotrouble. We shall see. Btw, what was Lynn thinking when she quit her job? I never would have thought she would be so gullible.

I also watch Related Leogirl. Thanks to tivo, I'm able to keep up with all these little guilty pleasures. I think Related is sweet little show too.....I was also upset when Ginnie lost the baby. I almost cried that episode. I like all of the sisters but my favorite is Margie. She's all over the place. I know lots of people like her.....I could have killed Rose when she chose Alex over Joel. She should have know that relationship was going nowhere. I'm not too sorry for her that Joel has moved on. You know speaking about this show, I was suprised to see that the ratings aren't very good. I would have thought it would fit in nicely with WB's targeted demo. It's one of the least watch shows according to Nielsens. It's likely it won't be picked up for next season, especially with the upcoming merger of UPN and WB.

Anyway I'll end the Related talk there as I do want us to stay on topic in the Beautiful People thread. Do you think we should start a Related thread? I've looked around but never came across one in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by britty05 View Post
    Anyway I'll end the Related talk there as I do want us to stay on topic in the Beautiful People thread. Do you think we should start a Related thread? I've looked around but never came across one in this forum.
    There is one already. Last post: 1/31/2006

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast