+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beautiful People: ABCFamily

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    There is one already. Last post: 1/31/2006
    I'll go to find it.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Thanks ladies. I saw the Leo bumped it up!
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Would anyone happen to know if Beautiful People is returning to ABC Family? Because the show is not on ABC Family's website and neither does it show up on cancelled shows on http://www.thefutoncritic.com
    I really do hope that it stays but am unsure. If anyone knows, please let me know.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

in banana world
    Quote Originally Posted by leogirl_21 View Post
    Would anyone happen to know if Beautiful People is returning to ABC Family? Because the show is not on ABC Family's website and neither does it show up on cancelled shows on http://www.thefutoncritic.com
    I really do hope that it stays but am unsure. If anyone knows, please let me know.
    Well, by reading people's comments on the "Beautiful People" forum at imdb.com, it seems that it has been cancelled. It's too bad really, because I really liked this show.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Another gentle plea to highly recommend this cute little show. It's coming back after its winter hiatus and starting again next Monday, March 6.
    You know, I really liked the first few episodes of the show, but then it kinda just went downhill (of course I still watched). Sophie kinda reminded me of the Katie Holmes character (Joey Potter) on "Dawson's Creek"--the way she talked and looked. That creepy mole of hers bugged me though. Nicky Fisk--I could never decide whether he was cute or not. He was a toothy little fellow. I hated the new love interest--the troubled boy working in the coffee shop with her. (He looked old enough to be in grad school! Or prison!)

OK, I'm on a roll...Did any of you think that the actress who played Annabelle looked super old? Way too old to play a high school student? It was especially noticeable when she came back all glammed up. She looked as old as the teachers!

It was nice to see Grant Show on the show, even if he was playing a jerk. He's still so handsome!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news guys, but the show has been officially canceled. Here is a press release from thefutoncritic.com confirming the cancellation:

ABC Family Renews 'Kyle XY,' Drops 'Beautiful People'
    By Brian Ford Sullivan (TFC)

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- ABC Family is giving its freshman drama "Kyle XY" a second season as the cable channel has ordered at least 13 new episodes of the series.

To date this season, the Touchstone Television/Benderspink-based "Kyle" has averaged a solid 2.1 million viewers, including 336,000 among adults 18-34 and 793,000 among adults 18-49. Faring even better are its Friday night encores on ABC, which have averaged more than double its initial ABC Family run - 4.6 million overall viewers and 1.8 million among adults 18-49.

Meanwhile in other related news, ABC Family has passed on ordering a second season of Sony Pictures Television's "Beautiful People." The series wrapped its 16-episode freshman run in April. No official reason was given for the decision.

Fellow original series "Wildfire" however was picked up for a third go around in April (read the story) with 13 new episodes due sometime during the 2006-07 season. Lionsgate Television is behind the hour.
    The good news is that the complete series was released on DVD last week. I checked some websites, and it looks as if amazon.com has the best price if you're interested in buying it, for $33.87. Here is the cover art for the DVD set:

This is where fans of this show are supposed to chime in and do an Eric Cartman impression by saying "stupid Kyle!"

But actually I like Kyle XY, so I won't join in.

Is ABC Family fobidden from having 3 original series? Are they that strapped for cash?

BTW: has Kyle XY really been playing on "regular" ABC? I guess I missed that.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

in banana world
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    You know, I really liked the first few episodes of the show, but then it kinda just went downhill (of course I still watched). Sophie kinda reminded me of the Katie Holmes character (Joey Potter) on "Dawson's Creek"--the way she talked and looked. That creepy mole of hers bugged me though. Nicky Fisk--I could never decide whether he was cute or not. He was a toothy little fellow. I hated the new love interest--the troubled boy working in the coffee shop with her. (He looked old enough to be in grad school! Or prison!)

OK, I'm on a roll...Did any of you think that the actress who played Annabelle looked super old? Way too old to play a high school student? It was especially noticeable when she came back all glammed up. She looked as old as the teachers!

It was nice to see Grant Show on the show, even if he was playing a jerk. He's still so handsome!

I agree the show went downhill after the first half. I always thought it was because they completely changed the show's meaning. I think they must have changed writers or something, because there is very little resemblance from the first half to the second. They even changed some of the characters' personalities, such as Gideon, Anabelle, and even Karen. They also changed Karen's look without even acknowledging it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happybanana View Post
    I agree the show went downhill after the first half. I always thought it was because they completely changed the show's meaning. I think they must have changed writers or something, because there is very little resemblance from the first half to the second. They even changed some of the characters' personalities, such as Gideon, Anabelle, and even Karen. They also changed Karen's look without even acknowledging it.
    I totally agree! And the people that the Daphne Zuniga character worked with totally changed from the beginning to the end. The African-American gentleman who hired her was such a softie. By the end of the series, he had transformed into a meanie--he wasn't even her friend anymore. And you'd think they'd acknowledge Karen's new look, since she was supposed to be the model!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12