+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Supernatural

Re: Supernatural

Will be back on March 29, 2018 with the animated Scooby Doo episode.
    No goat killers on my island.

Yes, I thought they were going for a 1940s film noire feel thru this episode. With names like Greenstreet and Astor, who were actors in the Maltese Fslcon. It wad nice seeong them deal with humans instead of demons for a change of pace.

Season 13 Episode 16 - "Scoobynatural" - March 29, 2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_(season_13)

After stopping a plushie that comes to life in a pawn shop and attacks, the grateful owner gives Dean a new TV for free. While testing out the TV, the Winchesters are sucked into Dean's favorite episode of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! followed soon after by Castiel. To the group's shock, they discover an actual ghost that begins killing people and the Winchesters and the Scooby Gang are forced to team up together to stop it. Working together, the Winchesters and the Scooby Gang trap the ghost who reveals himself to be a young boy who a greedy real estate developer in the real world is using to scare away reluctant shop owners. The ghost helps the Winchesters and Castiel fool the Scooby Gang into thinking that it was a human villain before returning the Winchesters and Castiel to the real world. There, the three put the ghost to rest and get the criminal arrested for tax evasion. Before getting sucked into Scooby-Doo, Castiel is shown to have gotten the fruit from the Tree of Life, bringing the Winchesters one step closer to their goal of opening a portal to Apocalypse World.
    Even after 13 seasons this show tries to be different and do out of the box episodes. Scooby Scooby Doooooooo!

FORT Newbie

Now I want a cartoon version of the show!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was so funny--especially seeing Dean go after Daphne! And Velma having the hots for Sam! Very clever episode!
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.

Season 13 Episode 17 - "The Thing" - April 5, 2018

Having gotten two of the needed ingredients to open a portal to Apocalypse World, the Winchesters search through the Men of Letters archive for clues on the Seal of Solomon. Finally, Dean discovers records showing that the Men of Letters found King Solomon's treasure in Israel in 1917, including the Seal, and stored it in their Portsmouth, Rhode Island chapter house. The Winchesters are able to locate the chapter house and find a young woman inside named Sandy Porter that has been trapped since 1925 and hasn't aged at all. Following an attack by a mysterious group, Sam learns that in 1925, a rouge Man of Letters named Diego Avila opened a rift into another dimension and brought forth the god Yokoth to cleanse the Earth. Sandy is in fact Yokoth who intends to bring her mate to Earth in Dean's body while the group that attacked are Men of Letters legacies who have been keeping Yokoth trapped. With the help of Diego's great-grandchildren, the Winchesters banish Yokoth back to her dimension and get the Seal of Solomon. At the same time, Arthur Ketch discovers Asmodeus using Gabriel's grace to power up. Asmodeus recognizes that Arthur seeks redemption and brutally beats him. In retaliation, Arthur rescues Gabriel and steals the archangel blade, bringing both to the Winchesters. Now having all the ingredients they need, the Winchesters open a door to Apocalypse World that will last twenty-four hours and Dean and Arthur pass through to finally rescue Jack and Mary.
    Well, it was nice to see that there are other legacies in America I would luv to see the families reconnect and grow into a new Men of Letters organization.

I am struggling to remember what Gabriel's fate was and how they are going to retcon it that he's alive.

If you're going into an alternate dimension that's a war zone, I think Ketch is a pretty good wingman. He's cunning, well trained and not afraid to get his hands dirty. As soon as Asmodeus went in on him, I knew Ketch wasn't going to stand for that. Redemption time for Ketch? Does he sacrifice himself for Mary? End up staying behind in the war dimension? Hmmmm....

Is anyone caring what Lucifer and Jensen's wife are doing up in Heaven? Nothing on Angel Radio? Hellooooooooo......

PS - Still hating the cheesy "rock" muzak. The scene when Sam and Dean rolled up to the Rhode Island chapter house was particularly painful.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Season 13 Episode 18 - "Bring 'em Back Alive" - April 12, 2018

In Apocalypse World, Dean reluctantly works with Arthur Ketch to find Mary and Jack. To Dean's shock, he witnesses a group of angels holding the alternate reality version of his old friend Charlie Bradbury (Felicia Day) captive. Against Arthur's wishes, Dean launches a rescue mission for Charlie. Dean reveals that he still holds guilt over his Charlie's murder and Arthur agrees to help him. Together, the two men liberate Charlie who reveals that Mary and Jack are leading a resistance against Michael. Out of time before the rift closes, Dean returns to his Earth while Arthur remains behind in Apocalypse World to aid the resistance and coordinate for Dean's inevitable return with reinforcements. At the same time, Sam and Castiel attempt to help Gabriel, learning that he faked his death when Lucifer "killed" him in order to escape all responsibility again. Asmodeus eventually locates Gabriel and leads an attack on the bunker to recapture him. However, Gabriel recovers and kills Asmodeus. Gabriel chooses to abscond from his responsibility once again and departs, leaving the Winchesters without Gabriel's power to fight Michael or his grace to reopen the door to Apocalypse World. At the same time, Lucifer struggles in his new role as the ruler of Heaven, ultimately alienating Anael with his behavior.
    Highlights:

Finding Charlie.

Ketch and Dean bannering then Ketch staying behind to find Jack and Mary.

Best: Lucifer attempting to fill God's shoes and "helping out" during an exorcism.

I am struggling to remember what Gabriel's fate was and how they are going to retcon it that he's alive.
    Well I got my answer. Convenient but I guess it fits in with the "trickster" concept.

I was sort of torn between Gabriel ending Asmodeus (fitting because he was his tormenter, etc) but also I was kind of hoping Lucifer would swoop in. Asmodeus was his creation right? the four princes of hell.

Lucifer in the exorcism was great.

Let's place bets on how they get another rift open - new spell or find some angel grace?

Ketch continues to be an interesting character. I loved seeing Charlie again. In the entire series, she's the one character who I think got the worst death. It was so cheap and not befitting of her.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Lucifer is turning out to be more interesting a character than I thought. I guess its because he has been around for a few seasons and we get to see him in action. Was the Angel assisting him Dean's wife IRL? I noticed someone named Ackles in the opening credits.

+ Reply to Thread