+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 155556575859606162636465
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Supernatural

Re: Supernatural

I don't like Dean very much this season. They just make him utterly without hope. I actually liked seeing Sam stand up to Dean a little in his defense of Jack.

On the flip side, can I say again that I love Mark P as Lucifer. Him n Mary together is an interesting dynamic.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Dean is coming down so hard on Jack that he will push him into evilness! I guess the loss of Mary Castiel and even Crowley, has him grief stricken and bent out of shape.
    I have also been watching the show right from the beginning on Netflix and Sam has right from the beginning had the brains for research and figuring out things and also empathy with many of the people he has met in his journeys. Dean has always been ready to jump into the fray and kill what needs killing. Also the psychic Missouri, was on the second or third episode of the show after Sam left school and they started out on their journey looking for Dad Winchester. So Dean wasnt kidding when he said that they hadn't seen her in about a decade.

Season 13 Episode 3 "Patience" - October 26, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_(season_13)

Missouri Mosley (from Season 1's "Home") calls the Winchesters because a wraith with a taste for psychics is going after her family next. Dean and Jody go to protect her son James and granddaughter Patience who is unaware she inherited Missouri's gift. The wraith reappears and kills Missouri as she knew it would. James reveals he cut out his mother out of his life many years ago, he grew up fearing she would get killed and when his wife Tess got sick, Missouri said she would be fine; but Tess died. The wraith attacks Patience at school and later kidnaps her from home intending to feed on her slowly. Patience sees the wraith kill her father, Jody and Dean, but this is a vision. Patience is able to warn them and Dean kills the wraith. James and Dean think Patience should live a normal life but Jody says it is her choice and says her door is open if Patience needs help. Meanwhile, Sam tries to train Jack without any progress. Jack takes it as a sign he will be evil since his powers only work negatively, Sam wants to help him as Jack reminds him of his own days addicted to demon blood. While the brothers argue over him, Jack says Castiel's name; Castiel hears this and wakes up in a void of nothingness.
    I give Dean a break as he has lost his mom, and his two besties, Crowley and Castiel and he takes his losses hard and personal. Of the two brothers I think Dean actually feels it more than Sam but he has his feelings encased in granite a mile deep. I figure it has only been a couple of weeks so everyone in Dean's path gets to feel his grief fueled anger.

I always like how the writers on this show will reach back into the boys past and show connections to previous events. Liked the ending when Patience was given advice from 3 points of view. I don't think it is a good idea to suppress a physic gift but Patience does not necessarily have to become a hunter.

I have a feeling Jack's powers are partially fueled by emotion. I would luv to see Castiel back.
    cablejockey likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 13 Episode 4 "The Big Empty" - November 2, 2017

A man is killed by his dead wife. Taking the case, Sam convinces Dean to let Jack join them; also having convinced Jack to help save Mary if he can master his powers. There are no signs of a ghost or revenant. A woman is then killed by her dead son. Both victims shared a grief therapist Mia, whom the guys question pretending to be three brothers that lost their mother. Sam and Dean get into an argument about Mary; and Sam discovers Mia is a shapeshifter. Mia says she only helps people by pretending to be their loved ones to give closure, and the killer must be her ex boyfriend and fellow shapeshifter, Buddy. While Sam goes to Buddy's address, Buddy actually sneaks into Mia's office and knocks out Dean and Jack. When Mia refuses to kill them, Buddy prepares to shoot Sam when he walks into the room. Jack is able to use his powers to deflect the bullet away from Sam and throw Buddy into the wall, allowing Sam to kill him. Mia in Kelly's form tells Jack that even monsters can do good. At the bunker Dean gives Jack some approval; and wants Sam to keep believing Mary is alive, admitting that he no longer seems to believe in anything anymore. Meanwhile, Castiel is in The Empty, a place predating even God and Amara, where all angels and demons sleep forever after they die. Castiel is the first in eternity to wake up. The entity there takes Castiel's form and taunts him to go back to sleep as the entity hates being awake itself. Castiel refuses, forcing the entity to send him back to Earth.
    Don't you just hate it when you have a bad break up the guy finds you and stalks you and basically tries to ruin your career, live and destroy your friends.

Grief counseling even Hunters need it. Great scene between Dean and Sam and than later with Mia/Kelly-Jack's mom and Jack.

Great effect with the monster in the Big Empty when it work up.

Glad to see Castiel back.
    cablejockey likes this.

It was great seeing Castiel lying in that field! I thought he would be stuck in that dark place a lot longer. Amazing how Jack finally reacted when Sam was in danger!

Season 13 Episode 5 "Advanced Thanatology" November 9, 2017

Two teenagers explore an abandoned asylum and one of them is killed. The survivor, Shawn, is left unable to speak from trauma and taking a medical mask with him. The brothers take the case and Dean insists he will be fine but clearly isn't. Dean is unable to get Shawn to talk. Sam discovers the asylum's doctor used to lobotomize his patients and the next day Shawn disappears. At the asylum Dean burns the masks destroying the doctor but the place is still haunted; Dean kills himself to find out where the patients bodies are. Shawn was possessed to go back there through the mask and the doctor made him kill himself. A Reaper reports that Dean is in The Veil and the new Death comes to see him: Billie. As the first Reaper to die after Dean killed the old Death she took the job, wanting information on how the hole to the other universe ripped open. She sees the Winchesters as important to the universe with work to do; letting the ghosts move on and sending Dean back, stating his choices decide how he dies. Dean admits to Sam he needs a victory, and they are reunited with Castiel.
    What Dean killed himself? Was he not there when Billie told him to his face that the Winchester's no longer had a get out of Death free card anymore?

Seeing Billie as Death was interesting, as was her reversal of the Winchester's role in the 'verse.

Yeah! The gang is back.

+ Reply to Thread