+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 145455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Supernatural

Re: Supernatural

Season 12 Episode 21 - "There's Something About Mary" - May 11, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_(season_12)

Arthur Ketch uses a hellhound to kill Eileen in South Carolina. Lady Toni Bevell has been drugging and brainwashing Mary, forcing her to kill a hunter friend. Mary tries to commit suicide and begs Arthur to kill her but he claims her struggle will be over soon. Dr. Hess is revealed to be working with Crowley in the UK and continuing their arrangement in the U.S. as he gave her the hellhound. When Sam and Dean learn of Eileen's death along with several other hunters, they discover she sent them a postal message fearing the British Men of Letters were tracking her. Searching the bunker they find the listening device and set a trap, capturing Toni. Toni mocks them and Mary's sexual relationship with Arthur, also revealing they are behind the deaths including Mick's. Returning to the bunker, Arthur is there with mercenaries. Sam and Dean kill the men, but a brainwashed Mary frees Arthur. Arthur seals them in the bunker to suffocate to death, along with Toni so Dr. Hess will let him lead the American operation permanently; departing with an enthralled Mary. Meanwhile, Crowley tries to get Lucifer to reveal his son's location since Dagon is dead and he believes Castiel will want the child dead. Lucifer learns the warding the bounds his vessel to Crowley can work both ways and takes control, stabbing Crowley. Now free, Lucifer prepares to find his son.
    I did not particularly like this episode. Supernatural has taken us to some very dark places, full of pain and sacrifice and done it brilliantly. This topic, the torture of Mary Winchester, was a great opportunity for another great performance and it didn't deliver, it felt off. I think it was the intensity and the editing. It did strike me as strange that even though Dean and Sam mainly deal with supernatural monsters they have dealt with enough shady humans that they their danger radar should have been screaming at them. Finally they figure something is wrong with the British Men of Letters. I look forward to next week's double episode and expect a thorough thrashing of the Brits will particular care paid to Dr. Hess, and Lady Bevell.
    cablejockey likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

The season finale...

Wowza!!!
    cablejockey likes this.
    Boob Wrinkles - it is not a myth

That was probably one of the best season finales this show has ever done. I mean, every other minute something major was happening.

And excellent acting by Jensen Ackles - the scene with his mom in the kitchen was beautifully done.

Mark Pellegrino IS the best Lucifer. I can't even watch Lucifer on Fox because that Lucy is so wussy and gentile compared to MP. So glad they abandoned Rick Springfield/Vince Vincente and got MP back.
    cablejockey and mesachick like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

FORT Newbie

Mark Pellegrino IS the best Lucifer. I can't even watch Lucifer on Fox because that Lucy is so wussy and gentile compared to MP. So glad they abandoned Rick Springfield/Vince Vincente and got MP back.
    Totally agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just couldnt believe how it ended! Poor old Crowley gone with a 'goodbye boys', Cass struck down and poor Mary stuck in another reality with Lucifer! Guess we wont be seeing again! It was so very nice to see Bobby Singer again. Just love that character no matter what reality he is in.
    It was good to see what the world could be if the Winchesters were not in it!

Season 12 Episode 22 "Who We Are" May 18, 2017

Mary continues her mission of killing the American hunters, eventually going after Jody Mills. However, with the help of her adopted daughter Alex, Jody subdues Mary. At the same time, the Winchesters and Lady Toni Bevell remain locked in the bunker and spend two days trying to find a way out without success. Almost out of air, Dean is able to use a grenade launcher to blast through a wall into the sewers and escape to hit the bunker's manual override. Alerted by Jody to Mary's capture, the Winchesters and Toni travel to Sioux Falls, South Dakota where Toni reveals she cannot reverse what she has done to Mary. Instead, Dean has Toni help him enter Mary's mind where he finds her trapped in a memory of 1983. Dean rants at Mary about how he hates her for ruining his life then forgives her, breaking Mary's brainwashing. At the same time, Sam leads an army of hunters in a raid against the British compound. Despite suffering casualties, the American hunters defeat the British Men of Letters and destroy their compound. Before being killed by Jody, Doctor Hess reveals Lucifer's escape. After reaching Mary, Dean awakens to find Ketch has killed Toni. The two engage in a fight that ends when Mary awakens and kills Ketch. After Sam returns, the Winchesters finally reconcile as a family.
    At last the confrontation between the American Hunters and the British Men of Letters and their dogs also known as the British Hunters. All season long we have been shown how organized, how well trained, how well equipped the British Men of Letters and their Hunters a what 4 cars with 7 American Hunters with hand guns only, some C4, some smoke grenades and no plan of action just burst through some gates and take down a facility full of trained techs, hunters and Men of Letters with magical ability and losing 3 of the Americans? Even after blowing up the facility they left 2 cars there with fingerprints and registrations. Why leave forensics like that around. Come on the fight was coming but don't make it stupid. There have to be BMOL personnel roaming around the country and not just Mary taking everyone down as it was implied. Logistically they should have staged this all better as it is a let down to the fans and to the show. Mary and Dean in the physic realm poignant as always.

Season 12 Episode 23 - "All Along the Watchtower" - May 18, 2017

With the birth of Lucifer's son approaching, the Winchesters and Crowley, who survived Lucifer's attempt on his life, search for biblical omens pointing towards the Nephilim's birth. Lucifer kills Rowena so he cannot be sent back to the Cage. At the same time, while taking care of Kelly, Castiel discovers that the baby's power has opened a rift into an alternate post-apocalyptic reality resulting from the Winchesters having never been born. Upon his return, Castiel hides his discovery from Kelly. The Winchesters are eventually able to locate Castiel and Kelly and while Mary tends to Kelly, Castiel takes Sam and Dean through the rift where they are greeted by an alternate Bobby Singer. Bobby is able to supply the Winchesters with a machine gun capable of killing angels to use against Lucifer while Crowley offers a way to seal Lucifer in the alternate reality. As Dean distracts Lucifer, Sam and Crowley perform a spell to seal the rift, a spell Crowley sacrifices his own life to complete. However, Lucifer is able to follow them back through and kills Castiel before the rift can close. Mary is able to send Lucifer back to the alternate reality, but he drags her there with him, leaving both trapped. As Dean mourns Castiel's death, Sam discovers Lucifer's son, born and having the appearance of a teenager.
    I knew it, I knew it, Crowley escaped in the rat and does a Buffy style resurrection. So sad to find out:

The twelfth season is the final season to feature Mark Sheppard as Crowley as the actor announced in May 2017 he would not be returning for season 13.
    No say it isn't true, I luv'ed Rowena.

I am surprised the angel blade bullets didn't work on Lucifer, while it looked as if Cass's angel blade did...please let Cass be OK.

I did wonder why the rift stayed open as long as it did with all the cast popping in and out I was just waiting for someone to be trapped on the other side.

Supernatural Season 13 Possible Release Date, Cast News | Den of Geek

Supernatural might be the most immortal genre show on TV. At the CW's 2017 upfront event, CW President Mark Pedowitz described it as "indestructible." And with good reason. It has continued to take chances even though a show that's twelve seasons in doesn't necessarily have to, and it maintains one of the strongest, most loyal fanbases on TV. That's why the the fact that Supernatural Season 13 is a go for next fall should surprise nobody.
    In what might just be the most exciting news to come out of the CW Upfront (OK, this is up for debate), we found out one key element of Supernatural Season 13. It will feature an animated episode with the Winchester brothers teaming up with Scooby-Doo and friends.

Season 13 Episode 1 "Lost and Found" - October 12, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_(season_13)

Lucifer's son Jack seems unsure of himself and the world. Dean tries to shoot him and he knocks out both Winchesters with a sonic scream, leaving to search for his father. He ends up at a local police station and seems mostly innocent but is unsure of and unable to control his power. Sam and Dean follow, Dean insists on killing him but Sam sees Jack as just a child. While Dean explains what Jack is to a local officer, Jack explains he learned English and grew up quickly from his mother who told him the world was dangerous and that Castiel was the father who would protect him. Three angels show up wanting to use Jack's almost limitless power for themselves. The Winchesters banish two of them and kill the third; Jack is stabbed in the heart in the process but unharmed by the blade. Dean agrees to take him to the bunker; but only until they can find a way to kill him. They are on their own with Chuck not answering prayers. They give Castiel and Kelly a hunter's funeral, also saying goodbye to Crowley and Mary whom they assume Lucifer killed. In the alternate world, Lucifer keeps Mary alive because he needs her for something.
    Good solid episode.

Jack comes across as a young Castiel, he seems to have Castiel's head movements, voice and mannerisms down.

Luv'ed Dean's prayer to Chuck/God, part prayer, part railing anger, part plead.

Liked the female sheriff and her son. I am thinking I would like to see her, Jodie, and the blonde Minnesotan sheriff be in an episode together and have a girl's night out. Possible matchup between the son and Jodie's foster daughter.

Ouch, Mary and Lucifer alive and together.
    cablejockey likes this.

Season 13 Episode 2 "The Rising Son" - October 19, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_(season_13)

On the way back to the bunker the Winchesters and Jack stop at a hotel and are met by Donatello the prophet. Amara ate his soul but he has been mentally making the moral choice ever since, he was drawn to Jack's power. Jack reads The Bible to learn more about himself and his family. Realizing he'll need more protection the Winchesters try to get him warding tattoos but he reflexively attacks the tattoo artist for hurting him and his body heals the ink away. Dean takes this as proof Jack will turn evil, while Sam thinks it's because he lacks control. Meanwhile, the final Prince of Hell, Asmodeus, takes charge of Hell until Lucifer returns, disguising himself as Donatello to trick Jack into freeing the Shedim Hell's darkest creatures to be a hero. The brothers and the real Donatello appear and when Asmodeus hurts them, a flicker of Jack's power makes him flee. At the bunker, Dean admits to Jack he will kill him if he turns bad. In the alternate world Lucifer protects Mary, intending to trade her for Jack when they get home. They meet an alternate version of Michael whom killed his world's Lucifer. Michael is the stronger of the two, keeping this Lucifer alive because he needs him for something.
    Interesting dynamics this week good vs bad, Sam vs Dean, Michael vs Lucifer, Good Donatello vs Bad Donetello, Mary vs Lucifer,
    Good Jack vs Bad Jack.
    cablejockey likes this.

Its amazing how the show keeps coming up with new stories and new dynamics among the cast of characters. GLad to see Mary is still around, and as always, Sam is trying to find a good solution where nobody dies, and Dean is his usual just kill the monster no matter what self.

+ Reply to Thread