+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Supernatural

Re: Supernatural

I LOVE my Sam and Dean (especially Dean) and Castiel. Crowley and Rowena are terrific additions. We've watched this show since the first episode and have never missed one. Definitely one of my favorites and evidently is for many people (which is why it has lasted so long). The writing is great and giving it a humorous edge amidst all the gore (not an easy thing to do).
    cablejockey likes this.

Season 12 Episode 9 - "First Blood" - January 26, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_(season_12)

The Winchesters are taken to a government black site in the Rocky Mountain National Park, where they are locked in separate cells until they are willing to talk. After nearly two months, they are found dead by the guards, but suddenly revive and escape. At the same time, Mary and Castiel attempt to find them without luck. With the Winchesters gone, monster activity goes on the rise and Castiel begins to see just how important his friends are. After escaping, the Winchesters contact Castiel to meet them when they get out of the forest and go on the run from government soldiers. Sam and Dean are able to defeat the soldiers, then reunite with Castiel and Mary, who have found them with the help of Mick and Arthur. Driving away, they are stopped by Billie and it is revealed that the Winchesters made a deal with her in which they would temporarily die and come back in exchange for a Winchester dying permanently at midnight or face cosmic consequences. Mary chooses to sacrifice herself for her sons, but Castiel kills Billie instead, telling the horrified Winchesters that they are all too important for the world to lose. At the same time, Mick unsuccessfully attempts to make connections with the American hunters. However, when Mick approaches Mary, she is shown to be more open to listening since he helped rescue Sam and Dean, though she is unaware that Mick had Arthur kill everyone at the black site so as to leave no "loose ends
    Wow, it's been two and half months since I watched this show, the editors did a great job putting together the little bits so your memory gets jogged a bit so when you start watching the episode it is seamless.

I do like seeing the British Men of Letters and in one sense like that they have all these weapons and could really help the US Hunters, it's their clean up procedure that is so chilling and leaves me cold. Killing everyone who saw a supernatural or was involved it the event, in this case all the soldiers and agents is so unnecessary. Even with killing all the humans what about any written reports, digital reports and evidence? Was that destroyed?

Also what will be the "cosmic consequences" from breaking Billie's "blood oath"?
    Last edited by Bearcata; 02-27-2017 at 10:20 PM.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 12 Episode 10 - "Lily Sunder Has Some Regrets" - February 2, 2017

An angel named Benjamin is murdered, drawing the attention of a the flight of angels he had been a part of including Ishim, Mirabel and Castiel. The Winchesters and Castiel investigate the murder, only to have Mirabel killed as well by Lily Sunder, who flees when the Winchesters intervene. Castiel and Ishim explain that in 1901, Lily had married an angel named Akobel and had a Nephilim daughter. As this was against Heaven's laws, they killed Akobel and his daughter May; now Lily wants revenge. The Winchesters track down Lily and are shocked to learn that her daughter was human, not Nephilim. Lily had studied angels all of her life and her powers come from Enochian magic. Lily's studies had allowed her to summon Ishim, who taught her all the secrets of angels but became obsessed with her. Lily had married Akobel for protection and Ishim murdered Akobel and her daughter in revenge. Believing Lily's story, Dean heads off to confront Ishim, followed soon after by Lily and Sam. Dean and Castiel confront Ishim, who eventually confirms Lily's story and battles them. After Ishim defeats the humans, Castiel kills him to save Lily, who is unsure whether or not she will give up on revenge since it's all she's had for over a hundred years. Castiel apologizes for his role in the death of Akobel and May and offers that if she leaves and finds that she can't forgive him, he will be waiting for her to take her chance. Lily ultimately departs after thanking Castiel. Later, the Winchesters and Castiel discuss the troubling implications of Lucifer's child and Castiel breaking the deal with Billie.
    This was a fun episode as it went down another path, what if an angel lied. Also it is interesting to set up a scene and put a different set of facts to it ie: Akobel was guarding Lily and not her husband. I like the character of Lily Sunder and would not mind seeing her again.

Season 12 Episode 11 - "Regarding Dean" - February 9, 2017

In Eureka Springs, Arkansas, Dean chases a severely wounded man through the woods. The man hits Dean with a spell and the next morning, Dean can't remember anything of the night before. After meeting up with Sam, Dean learns that they were investigating the murder of an accountant who died from having his stomach stuffed full of money. When Dean shows worsening memory loss, Sam contacts Rowena for help and is advised to kill the witch that cast the spell affecting Dean. Retracing Dean's steps, the two find the witch dead, but the spell still affecting Dean. Rowena recognizes the spell as the work of the Loughlin family, a powerful family of druidic witches thought long wiped-out. Rowena tells Sam that they must get the family's spellbook, the Black Grimoire to break the curse before it kills Dean. Sam tracks down Catriona and Boyd, the last two Loughlins, but is captured for a ritual to resurrect Gideon, the witch Dean killed. Rowena confronts Catriona while Sam attempts to break free. Before Catriona can kill Rowena, an amnesiac Dean follows instructions left behind by Rowena that allows him to arm himself with witch-killing bullets and kill Catriona and Boyd. Rowena is then able to use the Black Grimoire to break the curse on Dean restoring his memory from before he was cursed, though Dean can't remember any of the time during. The Winchesters promise they owe Rowena one, but take the Black Grimoire rather than letting her have it. While Dean admits that having a blank slate was nice, he prefers the life he has. The episode closes with a montage of the time Dean forgot over him riding a mechanical bull.
    Three strong episodes in a row, all very different stories but all hung together well, congratulations to the new showrunners.

Always nice to see Rowena and hilarious to see memory challenged Dean flirt with her. I am glad that Dean is equal opportunity with women of all ages.

Nice to see the boys have a bit of challenge acting with Dean losing his memory. The Post It notes were too funny especially when Dean woke up in the car. STAY. Then Open Me and best of all WITCH KILLING BULLETS.

Season 12 Episode 12 - "Stuck in the Middle (With You)" - February 16, 2017

This episode serves as a homage to films Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction. The Winchesters, Mary, another hunter named Wally, and Castiel lay an ambush for a demon, during which Mary steals an unknown object from him. The demon proves invulnerable to all of their attacks, has yellow eyes like their old foe Azazel, and mortally wounds Castiel with a lance. After another demon kills Wally, they escape and Crowley appears and warns the Winchesters that the demon is Ramiel, one of the four Princes of Hell along with Azazel, Asmodeus, and Dagon, the latter of whom is interested in Lucifer's child. After the defeat of Lucifer in Season 5, Crowley had attempted to give Ramiel the crown of Hell, but Ramiel told him that the Princes had no interest in Hell anymore and simply wanted to be left alone, prompting Crowley to become King instead. Before leaving, Crowley gives Ramiel the Lance of Michael and the object that Mary stole in the present. Crowley realizes that the Lance of Michael is what was used against Castiel and warns that he will die slowly with no cure. Ramiel arrives and demands what was stolen from him and attacks when they refuse. After a battle, Sam kills Ramiel with the Lance of Michael and Crowley realizes that breaking the Lance will stop its effects on Castiel just in time to save his life. Afterwards, Mary confronts Arthur Ketch about sending her after a Prince of Hell, but eventually hands over the object she stole: the Colt. The ending also reveals that Lucifer is being held as Crowley's prisoner in a small cage in his palace.
    This was one interesting with the partial flashbacks mixed in with normal time scenes. I do wonder however that the British Men of Letters are so focused on doing this one thing, killing all supernaturals that they tend to have a lot of cleanup and was their intel really that bad? Was Mary set up or do the Brits simply don't care about casualties be their normals or hunters.

Season 12 Episode 13 - "Family Feud" - February 23, 2017

Crowley explains to Lucifer that when Lucifer was exorcised out of the President, Crowley perverted the spell so Lucifer was sent into the repaired and improved body of his old vessel Nick instead of to the Cage. Crowley has bound Lucifer with chains based off of the Cage, but Lucifer is amused and informs Crowley of the survival of his child. Meanwhile, Mary works with Arthur Ketch of the British Men of Letters who suggests she distance herself from her sons as she is at her best on her own. Sam and Dean begin investigating a series of murders committed by a vengeful spirit and realize the ghost came from the ship of Gavin MacLeod, Crowley's son who was time displaced to the present by Abaddon. Gavin realizes that the ghost is that of his fiancÚ Fiona who smuggled herself aboard the ship and endured rape from the crew before the ship sank off the coast of New England. To save Fiona and her victims, Gavin decides to return to his own time to possibly die when the ship sinks or just stop Fiona from going through her terrible ordeal. After sending Gavin back with the help of Rowena, the Winchesters find no signs of Fiona's kills. They are then visited by Mary who admits the truth about working with the British Men of Letters and attempts to convince her sons to work with them. Rowena is confronted by Crowley for helping to send his son back to possibly die and she admits it was revenge for forcing her to murder Oskar to remove the Mark of Cain in "Brother's Keeper." At the same time, Kelly Kline is attacked by two angels but is saved by the Princess of Hell Dagon. Dagon offers to protect Kelly and her unborn son which Lucifer detects and is pleased with.
    I am really feeling bad for Crowley can't the boys just be friends with him?
    cablejockey likes this.

I was thinking that too! Crowley has saved them several times and they still look down on him! Poor Devil, the brothers have his mother on their side now, made him give up his son, and didnt even give Crowley a proper thankyou for saving Castiel!
    I wonder if Crowley was one of those characters who was only supposed to appear a couple of times, but the chemistry was so good that they have kept him on? Those who have met the actor playing him at various conventions say he is gruff and not very warm. Has anyone on this board ever gone to a comic-con to meet him or Sam or Dean?

Season 12 Episode 14 - "The Raid" - March 2, 2017

As the British Men of Letters work to wipe out all of the vampires in America, Mary brings Sam to see their operation while Dean is furious at her actions. As Sam is gone, Dean is visited by Arthur Ketch who compares the two of them and takes Dean on a vampire hunt. At the nest, they find the vampires gone except for one who tells them that the vampires are going after the hunters. At the British Men of Letters compound, a group of vampires, led by the Alpha Vampire attack, kill most of the Men of Letters staff. Sam arms himself with the Colt and faces off with the Alpha Vampire, eventually killing the Alpha with a head shot, assisted by his mother and Mick Davies. After the battle, Sam decides to join the British operation, saying that despite everything that went wrong, the death of the Alpha Vampire proves the good the operation can do. Sam secretly promises to work on winning his brother over, while Dean forgives Mary even though he disagrees with her.
    Interesting twist with the Winchesters rescuing the superior British Men of Letters. Nice to see that their intel about the Alpha Vampire was wrong and that none of the brains were trained to shoot, had any basic self defense or that their temporary base was that vulnerable. Nice to see that Mary and Sam saved whoever was left with Dean and Mr. Ketch showing up later.

I liked how Dean handled the interrogation of the female vamp better than Ketch did.
    cablejockey likes this.

I dont know why Mary is so keen on the British Men of Letters? Its obvious they are using her.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I dont know why Mary is so keen on the British Men of Letters? Its obvious they are using her.
    She is using them for intel and better weapons. All her contacts are dead.
    cablejockey likes this.

+ Reply to Thread