+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 67 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Supernatural

Re: Supernatural

I just binge watched season 11 and the first three episodes of 12. Just when I think Supernatural couldn't wrestle another emotional tear from me over the Winchester family angst, they find a way. OMG Mary Winchester you bitch! I figured right away that she's going to end up dying. I did not see her just walking away from the boys like that. And because she missed their growing up years? Years she missed because she sold her soul. Years that were miserable for Sam and Dean because they just wanted their mother and a normal life. She basically ripped Sam, Dean's, and my hearts out and stomped all over them, then just walked out the door. Ok I'm obviously becoming one of those fans that takes this stuff to serious. But c'mon!!
    cablejockey and zookeepertx like this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I also found Mary's reasoning for turning her backs on her sons ridiculous! That look on Sam and Dean's faces when the door slammed shut was heartbreaking.
    zookeepertx likes this.

Season 12 Episode 1 - "Keep Calm and Carry On" - October 13, 2016

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_(season_12)

Toni takes the kidnapped Sam to a veterinarian to treat his leg wound before taking him to another location to question him. Toni explains that the British Men of Letters have kept Britain safe from monsters and now want to expand their influence into the United States. To this end, Toni demands information on all of the hunters in the US from Sam and when he refuses to give her what she wants, has her assistant Ms. Watt torture him. When Sam doesn't break under extreme physical torture, Toni drugs him in order to torture him mentally with images of his loved ones dying. Sam sees through it and tricks Toni, but is narrowly prevented from escaping. At the same time, Dean finds his mother resurrected by the Darkness and convinces Mary of his identity before filling her in on what she missed in the thirty three years following her murder. Returning to the Bunker, the two learn of Sam's disappearance and begin tracking him with the help of a returned Castiel. Eventually, Dean is able to call Toni who refuses to give back Sam and sends Ms. Watt to kill them. Though Ms. Watt initially has the upper hand, Mary kills her with Castiel's angel blade and they are able to use her cellphone to track Sam to Aldrich, Missouri. After being expelled from Castiel, Lucifer has begun searching for a new suitable vessel but burns them out fast in his weakened state. Intending to kill Lucifer and reclaim his rule of Hell, Crowley attempts to track Lucifer down without success.

Luv the title but I also luv the Keep Calm and Carry On posters.

Interesting start to the season that carries on the theme of families getting together that was the big finale of season 11.

Luv'ed the scene where Mary was looking in the back seat of Baby, the Impala and it's so funny to watch Dean's face when he realizes his parents must have ... on no don't go there in the back seat. It's scenes like that and Castiel's crash through the billboard sign that says "you won't believe your eyes" that are just such precious and funny moments that I really appreciate about this series.

For a bunch of old men who don't want to interfere they way they had Toni handle Sam does not bode well for the Men of Letters and the Hunters of America getting along well ... remember The American Revolutionary War, also known as the American War of Independence and the Revolutionary War in the United States, was the armed conflict between Great Britain and it's colonies. The Men of Letters seem to be stuck with a certain mindset that I am sure will make them friends at The Vatican.

... torturing Sam like he is one of the monsters ... that is going to go over so well in the Hunter Community.

Overall I like the episode.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 11-06-2016 at 12:01 PM.
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 12 Episode 2 - "Mamma Mia" - October 20, 2016

Toni's interrogation of Sam continues, surprising him that she also wants to know about Ruby. Castiel tracks them to a warded farm house. Mary insists on going despite Dean's protests. Dean tries to sneak in but is captured and tortured in front of Sam. Toni surprises them again by bringing up Benny. Mary is able to distract Toni long enough for Dean to knock her out, stunning Sam. Mick from the Men of Letters arrives, letting Castiel join them and saying Toni went too far and that the Men of Letters want to work with hunters like the Winchesters to keep America safe, letting them think it over. Sam reunites with Mary elated she is alive; she mournfully looks over John's journal. Toni refuses to admit she did anything wrong since the Winchesters are too dangerous; Mick has already sent for their torturer just in case. Meanwhile, Crowley interrupts Rowena's date to find Lucifer. Lucifer takes over the body of washed-up rock-star Vince Vincete (Rick Springfield). Crowley's plan to break Lucifer's vessel and send him back to the Cage fails; so Crowley flees and Lucifer takes Rowena prisoner.
    The guy liner for Vince Vincente is just not working.

I am not buying the Men Of Letters peace offering as it is pretty obvious that many back in the UK want to kill all of the US Hunters and what take over. They sneer and scoff at how bad the US Hunters are doing and just by the questions Toni asks don't know what the heck is going on here. The UK is approximately 80,823 sq miles with a population of 64 million the US is approximately 3,537,436 sq miles with a population of 318 million The US Men of Letters was totally decimated in the late 1950's early 1960's approximately 50 years and the Brits are only now becoming concerned about the US and only now planning on doing something and that is eliminating all existing US hunters. Doing the math the Brits are being unreasonable about the situation. Just my take.
    CantGetNuf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    I just binge watched season 11 and the first three episodes of 12. Just when I think Supernatural couldn't wrestle another emotional tear from me over the Winchester family angst, they find a way. OMG Mary Winchester you bitch! I figured right away that she's going to end up dying. I did not see her just walking away from the boys like that. And because she missed their growing up years? Years she missed because she sold her soul. Years that were miserable for Sam and Dean because they just wanted their mother and a normal life. She basically ripped Sam, Dean's, and my hearts out and stomped all over them, then just walked out the door. Ok I'm obviously becoming one of those fans that takes this stuff to serious. But c'mon!!

Deals and Pacts - Super-wiki

In many ways, Mary's deal is the most important because it triggers so much subsequent tragedy, and a number of other deals. During 4.03 In the Beginning, Dean is sent back in time by angels to witness Azazel's first contact with his family. Mary Campbell is a hunter, like her father Samuel, and she becomes involved in an investigation of demonic activity. Azazel is responsible, and after encountering Mary, seeks to make a deal with her by killing her parents and her fiance, John. He offers to bring John back in exchange for the right to enter their house in ten years time. He promises that no one will be harmed if he is not interrupted. Mary agrees, they kiss, and John is restored
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/225-t...2879696?page=1

Mary didn't sell her soul though. Azazel specifically said that he didn't want Mary's soul. He wanted her son. So Mary's deal didn't consign her to hell as most demon deals do.
    Mary died and looks as if she has been in heave with John and her little boys, that is what she remembers and then all that is gone and she is back on Earth after 33 yrs, technology and the social culture is different. Her boys are grown men and her husband is gone. This all happens in a space of a few days ... I am not surprised she is acting this way would you really be acting any different if all the people you have known are gone, and the world has changed that much, and you don't have any stable platform to hang on to anymore? I don't blame her for leaving but I could also have seen her go totally catatonic and stay in her room in the bunker and totally not communicate with the boys. To her it has only been a few days to the boys more then 30 yrs. Can you really say one person's pain is worse than the others? On top of that let's not forget all the deals with devils the boys have made and the consequences that have resulted.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I also found Mary's reasoning for turning her backs on her sons ridiculous! That look on Sam and Dean's faces when the door slammed shut was heartbreaking.
    She is suffering from Death PTSD give the woman a break.

Season 12 Episode 3 - "The Foundry" - October 27, 2016

In Minnesota, a couple is found in an abandoned house frostbitten to death after hearing a crying baby inside. Mary insists they take the case, surprising Sam who worries she is burying her emotions. At the house Mary is grabbed by a ghost child but doesn't think he was trying to hurt her. Sam and Dean learn several children have died in that house and leave to burn the bones. Mary calls the last owner of that house and investigates it herself, the children's ghosts are still there. The father of the first girl who died, killed himself in the house and his ghost has been killing kids and keeping their spirits there ever since. He possesses Mary and attacks Dean, though Sam burns his bones; saving them and releasing the children's spirits. Mary admits she is mourning John and the little boys she used to have; leaving the bunker to be alone. Meanwhile Castiel reluctantly teams up with Crowley to find Lucifer who healed the legs of Vince's sister. Lucifer demands Rowena make his vessel stronger, she tricks him as her spell decays the body and sends him to the bottom of the ocean. She agrees to work with Castiel and Crowley the next time they corner Lucifer.

Two moms (Mary and Rowena) both wanting to get away from the family business and lead a normal life.

I liked that Mary used the human touch to get the information she needed versus going digital.

Luv'ed it when Rowena turned the tables on good ole 'Lucy.

I did wonder why 'Lucy healed Vince's sister that seemed very outside his personal box of what he does.

I know viewers and posters were upset with Mama Winchester flying the coup but for her just several days ago she had her family and now its 33 years later and her little boys are all grown up and strangers, her husband is dead and she doesn't understand the new technology she basically lost everything and was dead and still probably doesn't even get that she was dead I can't blame her wanting some alone time.
    CantGetNuf likes this.

Yay! SN Chat!

I think that the show slipped up because I feel like I heard Mary or someone mention about selling her soul and I thought - wait that's not right. Also, Sam missed some prime opportunity to fill his mom in on what her Dad had gotten up to and purposefully involved her son in. Don't think she would have been too pleased to hear that!

The Men of Letters, UK edition need to be taught a lesson and quick. It is beyond obnoxious to a) fail to recognize that the MOL-US were all but defunct and b)armchair quarterback how the Winchesters etc handled the last 3 "end of the world" scenarios. And now with their secret assassin cleaning up after Dean and Sam, that's not going to go over well. I also don't like to see them so easily kick D/S/C collective a$$es. The boys have handled some major sh!t, the show needs to show them as a bit more capable.

I'm super happy that we still have Rowena, queen of shade and side eye but not so happy with the Rick Springfield/Vince V changes. I'm super partial to Mark P. - he's been Lucifer since what, S5? and I miss his special smarmy flair.

Bearcata - I agree with you on the little touches that elevate the show. The Impala scene was great. I do with they'd bring back more of the classic rock background music and get rid of the cheesy 80s mood music. Sometimes it's so obvious, it's cringeworthy.

One of the parts I liked about last week's ep was Dean getting excited about how that social worker gave him her personal number. LOL. Dean, always the himbo. And I chuckled remembering an episode from last season where he went out to try to meet women and then came back and had to ask Sam about "dad bod"!
    CantGetNuf likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I have been the boys surrogate mother for 12yrs. And now this Mary Winchester is just going to waltz in and hurt them. Of course I'm upset. You make a compelling case for her Bearcata but she's awoken the mama bear in me. I'm giving her stink eye whenever she's on screen from now on. It's testament to just how great this show is that they are still able to yank an emotional tear out of me over the boys mommy and daddy issues. Sorry I forgot exactly how the Mary/Sam souls thing played out. And I remember I didn't really blame her at the time but since I was mad at her last week I felt justified in putting it all on her.

MiaT2 I read your whole post going, "Yup. Yup. I agree. Yup."
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

I want to see Rowena and Mary get together and chat about how hard it is to raise boys .... he he he.

+ Reply to Thread