+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 949505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Supernatural

Re: Supernatural

Supernatural Season 11 Episode 17
    Red Meat
    Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Mar 30, 2016 on The CW

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernatural_(season_11)

Sam and Dean investigate a werewolf case that leads to Sam getting shot while rescuing a young couple, Corbin and Michelle. Unknown to anyone, Corbin has been bitten and is slowly transforming into a werewolf himself. As Dean refuses to leave Sam, Corbin suffocates Sam, seemingly killing him in order to force Dean to abandon his brother. Dean is able to get the two to the hospital where he kills himself with a drug overdose in hopes of convincing a Reaper to bring Sam back. Dean is successfully able to draw in the Reaper Billie who refuses to deal and reveals that Sam is still alive. Before she can take him to the Empty, a doctor is able to revive Dean with adrenaline. At the same time, Sam wakes up and discovers the surviving werewolves have arrived. Sam kills the werewolves and calls Dean to warn him about Corbin. Corbin kills a doctor and a deputy before Dean stops him from hurting Michelle. Corbin nearly kills Dean, but Sam arrives in time to kill Corbin and save his brother. The doctors are able to save Sam and determine that when Corbin tried to kill Sam, his body went into shock and he simply appeared dead. Michelle is devastated by Corbin's death while Dean lies to Sam about what he did while he thought his brother was dead.
    Only in the Supernatural 'verse would someone like Sam not bleed out from a gut wound. Of course you would hike a bit in the dark, get strangled by the person you rescued, to awaken to even more blood loss, manage to get up, climb stairs into a basement, collapse, ambush a huge, male werewolf, kill him with a single thrush of a knife and several minutes later kill the female alpha, take their truck and drive miles to your car, call your brother on your cell phone to warn him, and then get into your car and drive yourself to the emergency care unit your brother is at. The rest of us would be dead or simply too exhausted after reading that list.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Supernatural Season 11 Episode 18
    Hell's Angel
    Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Apr 06, 2016 on The CW

Crowley secures The Horn of Joshua as the next Hand of God to kill Amara. He calls the Winchesters in to discuss terms. He wants Lucifer sealed back in The Cage first, while Sam wants to use Lucifer and the Horn to kill Amara, and Dean wants Castiel freed first. Meanwhile, Lucifer intimidates the angels of Heaven into working with him to stop Amara. Amara is recovering from the angel's attack with the help of Rowena, who was revived by her inner magic after Lucifer broke her neck. Amara sends a vocal attack into Heaven, scaring everyone; including Rowena who reveals herself to Crowley and the brothers to open The Cage again. Baiting Lucifer with the Horn, the brothers and Crowley try to convince Castiel to force Lucifer out, but Castiel refuses and just wants to wait for the battle with Amara. Lucifer breaks free and attacks the Winchesters; Crowley uses the opportunity to escape. Amara arrives and, after Lucifer is unable to hurt her with the Horn, captures him and releases the Winchesters, while Rowena escapes. The Winchesters move past their disagreement about Castiel and try to think of another way, theorizing that since Lucifer had fallen he couldn't use a Hand of God's full power. Amara decides to draw out God by torturing an archangel, making Lucifer/Castiel scream in agony.

Nice to see Rowena back and they showed how she saved herself.

Crowley, Castiel and Lucifer altogether in one meat suit.

Lucifer having a meeting with the angels in Heaven. That was interesting.

New episodes will start back on April 27, 2016

Nice to see Rowena back and they showed how she saved herself.
    I saw the thing in her leg but I missed what she said it was.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but I'm pretty sure that's the first time all the major characters were all together in the same physical location.
    Sam, Dean, Cas, Lucifer, Crowley, Rowena and Amara

I have to say - I love how Misha Collins is playing Lucifer. He really got Mark P's mannerisms, facial expressions and manner of speaking down.
    usschmidt likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I saw the thing in her leg but I missed what she said it was.

I don't know if anyone else noticed but I'm pretty sure that's the first time all the major characters were all together in the same physical location.
    Sam, Dean, Cas, Lucifer, Crowley, Rowena and Amara

I have to say - I love how Misha Collins is playing Lucifer. He really got Mark P's mannerisms, facial expressions and manner of speaking down.

She said something in regards that she had a backup plan/spell and that in was located in her leg.

Supernatural Season 11 Episode 19
    The Chitters
    Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Apr 27, 2016 on The CW

In 1989, two brothers Jessy and Matty, are fishing in the woods when Matty is abducted by someone with green eyes. In the present, Sam and Dean are called in when the same thing begins happening in the same town. Witnesses report one of the creatures appeared naked while their friend appeared to be shaking and buzzing when they saw them. Speaking with a local, the Winchesters learn of "the Chitters" superstition, where people have orgies in the woods and then disappear. Dean is attacked in the forest but saved by two hunters, Cesar and an adult Jessy. They explain these monsters, Bisaan, reappear every 27 years and use human bodies to mate for a few days. The hosts die off once the eggs are laid and the next generation hatches underground to repeat the process. While Cesar and Dean search for the burrow in the woods, Sam and Jessy confront the sheriff from 27 years ago. The sheriff had attacked the burrow but saw his own daughter was turned and was forced to kill her. Wanting to hide what happened, he told Jessy he was just a crazy kid, enraging him. Dean and Cesar find the burrow in a mine and kill the Bisaan, however the current hosts are already dead so they burn down the eggs. After finding Matty's body and giving him a hunter's funeral, Dean considers recruiting Jessy and Cesar to help fight Amara; however he backs off when the two say they want to give up hunting and just live happily as a couple. The Winchesters let them have their peace.

Interesting respite before the last three episodes of the season and the conflict with Amara and dealing with Lucifer and trying to save Castiel. I noted that in the first flashback scene they addressed homosexuality in the younger brother Jesse. Jesse's brother Matty, was amazingly supportive and giving some good advice to his kid brother. I liked how they showed that even as a 12 year old you can be very self aware of who and what you are and are OK with it.

Supernatural Season 11 Episode 20
    Don't Call Me Shurley
    Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM May 04, 2016 on The CW

A homeless Metatron scrounges through the garbage for food before being transported to a bar where he meets the author Chuck Shurley. Initially dismissive, Metatron is stunned when Chuck reveals he is God. He wants Metatron to help in editing his autobiography and prefers to be known as Chuck. Meanwhile, the Winchesters investigate a murder-suicide and soon learn it is a stronger version of the infection fog that is making the townspeople go mad. Chuck reveals he's been traveling the world and only wants to talk about things he's done as a human. Metatron's criticism of Chuck's writing gets him to reveal he has some sympathy for Lucifer turning into a villain because of the Mark of Cain and containing Amara. He likes the Winchesters and constantly brought back Castiel for them but their quest to destroy the Mark is what let Amara loose so he is done helping them. Chuck started as Being while Amara is Nothingness. Chuck was lonely and thought by creating things he could convince Amara to be better, but she just destroyed everything. After barely locking her away and seeing all the conflict humans create, Chuck walked away letting them sort it out for themselves and sees no point in fighting Amara again. Metatron is disgusted that Chuck has become a coward. While humans may have flaws, they also create beauty, art and love; they are the greatest creations that never give up. Chuck is briefly enraged but goes back to writing. As Sam is infected with the fog, Dean is unaffected holds onto him and yells for Amara to stop this. Chuck sings one song at the bar as a shocked Metatron reads the final pages of the autobiography. The fog and infections disappear and all the townspeople including those who were killed are restored. Dean finds his old amulet in Sam's pocket, glowing and they follow it to the middle of the street where it leads the Winchesters to Chuck. Chuck greets the shocked brothers and tells them they should talk.
    Well, that was interesting. We found God and really was that a good thing?

Supernatural Season 11 Episode 21
    All in the Family
    Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM May 11, 2016 on The CW

After the Winchesters express doubt about him, Chuck transports them back to the Bunker where he brings in the spirit of Kevin Tran (Osric Chau) to vouch for him. Chuck then sends Kevin to his final rest in Heaven. Chuck explains that he had once been much more hands-on with the world, but didn't seem to be making a difference so he left the world to find its own way but has returned to face Amara. At the same time, Amara continues to torture Lucifer and contacts Dean to send a message to God about Lucifer's state. While this is going on, another of Amara's fogs wipes out a whole town but results in a man named Donatello being called as a Prophet. As the Winchesters go to meet with Donatello, Metatron contacts them and reveals that Chuck intends to sacrifice himself to Amara to stop her destruction of the universe. After Dean fails to convince Chuck to stop his plan, the Winchesters team up with Metatron and Donatello to rescue Lucifer. To distract Amara, Dean meets with her and Amara suggests that he give up his humanity and become a part of her instead. Eventually Amara realizes that Dean has betrayed her and departs to stop Lucifer's rescue. Donatello is able to lead Sam and Metatron to Lucifer who agrees to put aside his differences with God to battle Amara. Metatron frees Lucifer and stays behind to hold off Amara when Lucifer can't teleport them out. After Metatron's attack fails, Amara implodes him into nothingness. Amara nearly kills Sam, Lucifer and Donatello, but Chuck teleports them back to the Bunker. There, Lucifer and Chuck greet each other for the first time in millennia before Chuck heals Lucifer's injuries. The Winchesters send Donatello on his way and Dean informs Sam of Amara's plans for him.

New prophet .... mmmm ... wonder why?

The gang frees Lucifer and Metatron sacrifices himself .... again wonder why .... seems to go against character ... but the writers are really letting us wallow in the boys finally finding God/Chuck so we are getting a lot of multi episodic melodrama. Still I am enjoying it and going along for the ride.

Supernatural Season 11 Episode 22
    We Happy Few
    Aired Thursday 9:00 PM May 18, 2016 on The CW

Though Lucifer and Chuck are reluctant to work together, Chuck eventually admits Lucifer was his favorite who he thought would be strong enough to bear the Mark of Cain. When that was proven wrong, Chuck was angry at himself, confessing that was part of the reason he banished Lucifer along with protecting humanity. With Michael in no condition to fight and not enough time to revive Raphael and Gabriel- Lucifer/Castiel, Dean and Sam recruit the angels in Heaven, Crowley's forces, and Rowena and a few witches respectively. Despite their bickering they all agree to weaken Amara and allow Chuck to trap her in the Mark. Since both Chuck and Amara are essential to reality, Chuck won't kill her and wants to seal her within the Mark to be carried by Sam this time. Though Dean protests, he eventually agrees. Amara eats Donatello's soul and breaks into the bunker but willingly follows Rowena's trap to find her brother. Though Amara kills the other witches and walks away from both the angels' combined smite and an assault from Crowley and his demons, the combined attacks of everyone weaken her enough that she is prepared to be banished by Chuck. Though she laments how she did love her brother and gets him to admit part of the reason he created things was to rule over them, and he hated how they were equals. When Chuck tries to seal her into Sam she resists; stopping the Winchesters, apparently killing Lucifer and gravely wounding Chuck. Amara warns Chuck is not dead yet because he is going to watch her destroy everything ever created.

He really didn't say that he hated being equals. When folks write these wiki explanations they need to have their listening ears on.

Overall liked the episode it sorta reminded me a bit of the premise of "The Suicide Squad" with a lot of unpleasant, unlikeable, evil, mean and just plain nasty people going up against the "Big Bad" to save the world. Not that any of these folks don't have their good points. I was waiting for Dean to jump in a try to save Amara or volunteer to go into the cage with her.

I did think is was a nice contrast to see the confrontation between God and Lucifer handled as an intervention with a side of Dr. Phil and Dean and Moose/Sam acting as both the moderators and peanut gallery. Talk about daddy issues and parent/child conflict and it was kinda delis to see that parent/child conflict mirrored with Crowley and Rowena. Rowena dealing with the witches was fun and was only upped when Moose/Sam showed up to negotiate with them. Oh, must not forget Crowley getting totally dissed by his own demons. God and Amara's sibling conflict is also in some ways mirrored by Dean and Moose's relationship. Overall the episode was OK but full of really delicious, well acted scenes between various characters that I thoroughly enjoyed over the final fight and theme of the episode.

Supernatural Season 11 Episode 23
    Alpha and Omega
    Aired Thursday 9:00 PM May 25, 2016 on The CW

Sam and Dean check on Lucifer and Chuck to find Lucifer gone and Castiel back and Chuck fatally injured. As a result of Chuck's injuries, the sun is now dying and the world along with it. Realizing that the only chance for the world to survive is to kill the Darkness along with Chuck, the Winchesters begin gathering ghosts to create a bomb to destroy the Darkness. With the help of Billie the Reaper, they are able to get the needed souls which are inserted into Dean. Chuck sends Dean to Amara who has started to regret her actions and Dean convinces Amara that revenge is not worth it. Amara and Chuck reconcile and Amara heals Chuck of the damage she did to him. The two then leave the Earth, but not before Amara tells Dean she is going to give him what he wants most for helping her. At the bunker, Castiel is banished by a woman who identifies herself as Lady Antonia Bevell of the London chapter of the Men of Letters. Antonia tells Sam the Men of Letters have sent her to bring Sam in for punishment for his actions and fires her gun, apparently at Sam as he tries to talk her down. Making his way through the woods, Dean finds his resurrected mother.

Gut reaction. Kinda of a nice change of pace finale instead of a big bang more of a quiet whimper and instead of a big bad being released history rears it's head. This season was very heavy with the theme of family and much was very touching and funny especially in the last 2 episodes. Now that the season is over it does feel as if the Amara story rather dragged out a bit and I would have been OK with seeing an early resolution to Chuck/God and Amara's family issues and the UK Men of Letters introduced sooner. If a chapter of "The Men of Letters" survived why didn't they revive the US chapters they have had over 50 to 60 years to do so. I guess we will be seeing a lot of prejudice in regards to Hunters vs Men of Letters next season.

Well the SPN guys have been having a busy summer!

Jensen Ackles' Wife Expecting Twins
    This Is What Happens When You Leave Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki Unattended on Set
    The Supernatural Guys Just Can't Stop Pranking Stephen Amell

Also, Mark Sheppard has a Make Hell Great Again tee on sale to benefit a diabetes charity

And finally following these guys on Twitter is totally hilarious - all of them, Jensen A, Jared P, Mark S, Misha C
    usschmidt likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread