+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 84849505152535455565758596061626364656667 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Supernatural

Re: Supernatural

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I am not happy that Rowena was killed off! She was so much fun and everything sounded so deliciously evil with her Scots accent!
    I know she could read the phone book and make it sound like a fount of evil and depravity.

But won't her soul end up in Hell?

In a fight I think she would beat Loki (the Avengers and Thor movies) hands down.
    cablejockey and usschmidt like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Crushed over Rowena's demise. BUT, this being Supernatural, doesn't mean we've seen the last of her. I was actually expecting her to pop up and Crowley to say something like "welcome to my world, mother".

I'm intrigued to see Lucifer in Castiel. I think the whole idea of him being expendable really got to him. It's sort of meta in a way.

Speaking of meta, the absolute awesome-ist part of the entire episode was when Sam and Lucifer were talking in the cage and Lucifer was trying to convince Sam to say yes because only he could defeat the Darkness, blah blah blah. And Sam goes so you defeat her, then what will you do? And Lucifer looks at him and deadpans "Maybe I'll move to L.A. and solve crimes" OMG I lost it laughing so hard. Mark P. delivered that so so so so perfectly.
    cablejockey and usschmidt like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Supernatural Season 11 Episode 11
    Into the Mystic
    Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jan 27, 2016 on The CW

Supernatural - Season 11, Episode 11: Into the Mystic - TV.com

The Winchesters investigate two deaths at a retirement home, where the victims bashed their skulls in because of an intolerable screeching noise. They soon discover that the deaths are connected two deaths that occurred in Ireland 30 years ago. Meanwhile, Lucifer explores the world that he's been reborn into.
    Nice to know the boys think there is something off with Cass.

Nice to see a deaf character and sign language used I had to rewind and watch the one scene where Dean is talking to Sam on the phone and the two ladies were sitting on the sofa and signing about the boys.

Eileen was played by:

Shoshannah Stern

Born into a fourth generation deaf family, Shoshannah Stern is an amazing person and actress who copes with the everyday life of being a star while being deaf. She is the daughter of Ron Stern and Hedy Udowski-Stern. Shoshannah's first language was American Sign Language and she also reads lips really well and can comfortably speak without an interpreter. Shoshannah was born in Walnut Creek, California but grew up in Fremont, California where she attended the California School for the Deaf. She later attended Gallaudet University in Washington, D.C., the only liberal arts college for the deaf in the world. Shoshannah acts in mostly TV series but has been in a few movies. She is best known for her lead roles in Threat Matrix, CBS's Jericho, and in Showtime's Weeds.
    Dee Wallace Stone as Mildred is one hot grandmama.

I kept hoping the boys would meet other legacies and maybe think about reestablishing the Men of Letters, so this looked like a lost opportunity. I wonder if there are other bunkers out in the world and maybe other folks who have found them and use them?

Supernatural Season 11 Episode 12
    Don't You Forget About Me
    Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Feb 03, 2016 on The CW

Supernatural - Season 11, Episode 12: Don't You Forget About Me - TV.com

Sam and Dean meet with Jody and the two girls that she's housing: Alex and Claire. Claire has asked the brothers to help her investigate a series of recent disappearances, but Jody insists that there's nothing to them.
    I always enjoy seeing Jody and now two girls, Claire (Cas's body's daughter) and Alex (a vampire puppet). It's like they are visiting their older sister's house and dealing with the kids. I do like that the writers try to intersperse the main Amara and Lucifer plots with the day to day life of a hunter. I do think it would be a good idea for both Jody and the girls to get some books from the Men Of Letters bunker that would maybe help them set wards around the house, some protection spells, or warning spells.

Supernatural Season 11 Episode 13
    Love Hurts
    Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Feb 10, 2016 on The CW

Supernatural - Season 11, Episode 13: Love Hurts - TV.com

A babysitter turns up dead on Valentine's Day, her heart ripped out, and the Winchesters soon discover that she was the victim of an Aramiac curse.

One thing this show does so well is celebrate the holidays but more as they were meant to be then the sanitized versions the American public has made them. I liked that the wife had the sense to realize what was going on and get out of the house and find Dean and Sam and even realizing they were not "real" FBI agents she still stuck with them and saved her life.

Supernatural Season 11 Episode 14
    The Vessel
    Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Feb 17, 2016 on The CW

Supernatural - Season 11, Episode 14: The Vessel - TV.com

Sam locates an artifact capable of destroying Amara... that was lost at sea in 1943. The brothers convince Castiel--secretly Lucifer--to transport Dean back in time to recover the artifact.

I really like when they do stories about the Men of Letters and the history of the group.

Glad to see that both the boys know Lucifer is wearing Castiel's meat suit.

I would think that the "Hand of God" would be able to recharge ...... ???
    cablejockey likes this.

Supernatural Season 11 Episode 15
    Beyond the Mat
    Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Feb 24, 2016 on The CW

Supernatural - Season 11, Episode 15: Beyond the Mat - TV.com

Sam and Dean decide to take a break and check out a wrestling tour. However, when a wrestler turns up dead, the brothers suspect demonic influence. Meanwhile, Crowley escapes from Hell with a little help from a friend and seeks out a weapon to kill Lucifer.

Ouch, it has been a bit painful to watch Lucifer treat Crowley like an abused puppy. Trouble is abused puppies will eventually bite back. Yeah, Crowley.

Really, The Hand of God item is only a one shot deal or does it need time to recharges ... like a long time???

Luv'ed that the show revisited some of the boys happy moments during their childhood. I luv it when Dean totally embraces his inner child which is very close to the surface.

Glad they were doing this back to the roots episodes before their battles with this season's big bad.

There was a dedication to Canece Hanna a Graphic Production Artist who recently pasted away.

Will be back March 23, 2016
    cablejockey likes this.

I loved seeing Dean as a dazzled wresting fan meeting his idols! And that scene in the ring when nobody was around was funny and cute. Poor Crowley! How low the mighty evil has fallen! Looks like he really needs Dean to help him regain control of Hell. Creepy hearing the Hell Hounds at the end of the episode. Sam and Dean knew there was nothing they could do to help the wrestler and had to walk away!

I loved seeing Dean as a dazzled wresting fan meeting his idols! And that scene in the ring when nobody was around was funny and cute.
    Me too!!! And when he tried to get out all suave and fell. Love Dean!

I was actually a bit confused because I thought if the demon who held your soul died then your contract was null. They killed the demon so the wrestler should have been free?
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Supernatural Season 11 Episode 16
    Safe House
    Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Mar 23, 2016 on The CW

Supernatural - Season 11, Episode 16: Safe House - TV.com

The new owners of a house accidentally break a seal, unleashing a creature that Bobby and Rufus trapped several years ago. Now Sam and Dean are working the same case, and have to save a new wave of coma victims before their bodies wither and die.
    Even with an Apocolypse on the horizon life goes on and someone has to do the laundry, take out the trash and investigate the normal supernatural events that happen. The writers were very clever how they layered the past and the present, with Bobbie Singer's relationship with his sometime partner Rufus and Dean and Sam's relationship with each other. I like that Bobbie and Dean got to see each other in the Soul Eater's nest because it was out of Time and Space.

I think it would be a great idea for old Hunters to be able to retire to the Bunker and become grumpy old Men of Letters. I am sure the original Men of Letters would hate that considering they were snobs and thought of hunters as crude Neanderthals.

+ Reply to Thread