+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Supernatural

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Supernatural

So season 6 ends, and Castiel becomes the new God. A vengeful God, at that. "Love your Lord, or I shall destroy you". I hate that kind of thinking.

Bigot reverend: "That's why we raise our voices, and picket their so-called "weddings", and funerals! Someone has to speak for God!"

Castiel magically appears.

Castiel: "And who says you speak for God? You're wrong, I am utterly indifferent to sexual orientation. On the other hand, I cannot abide hypocrites like you, reverend."

Awesome scene

I love the guy they chose to play Death. He looks like the perfect representation. I mean that in a good way
    Last edited by JohnnyK; 12-04-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Um. I'm up, it's still dark, and I'm watching a woman take a bite from a cupcake with a bloody beating heart in it, and then start vomiting blood and possibly her insides into a sink. Um, what the hell. I'm eating.

Yes, Death is a great character. Pops up here and there.

This week's episode of the current season was just ... Whoa. It was up, then it was down, and then it was way, way down.

I loved that we got to see Castiel in his own arc.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

So funny you should mention the eating while watching. We determined yrs ago that we can't eat while watching SN. Last night when we were eating I mentioned that SN would be on later and my husband said, "Good. I should be done eating by then."

JohnnyK this next part is about last nights episode so you might not want to read any further.

Can Cass even steal another angels grace? That doesn't make any sense. And if he's full blown angel then couldn't Dean have prayed to him and he could have popped over and saved Kevin? Actually there was a time Cass would just pop up when Dean was in trouble. I miss those days.
    Kevin.
    The ole A.D.D. kicks in during a show and I totally lose the plot line. Metatron wants to rebuild hell. I caught that much. What does he need Gadreil for? And why is Gadreil in Sam? Just to hide out from the other angels? And am I the only one who heard the name Gadreil and instantly thought of LOTR's?
    And who was the other angel who is fighting against Metatron? And what's he fighting for?
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I love the guy they chose to play Death. He looks like the perfect representation. I mean that in a good way
    Yes!
    Death is one of our favorite characters. He is the one being who can make Dean shake in his shoes. There is a scene with him and Sam in a later season that is really good.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf View Post
    So funny you should mention the eating while watching. We determined yrs ago that we can't eat while watching SN. Last night when we were eating I mentioned that SN would be on later and my husband said, "Good. I should be done eating by then."

JohnnyK this next part is about last nights episode so you might not want to read any further.

Can Cass even steal another angels grace? That doesn't make any sense. And if he's full blown angel then couldn't Dean have prayed to him and he could have popped over and saved Kevin? Actually there was a time Cass would just pop up when Dean was in trouble. I miss those days.
    Kevin.
    The ole A.D.D. kicks in during a show and I totally lose the plot line. Metatron wants to rebuild hell. I caught that much. What does he need Gadreil for? And why is Gadreil in Sam? Just to hide out from the other angels? And am I the only one who heard the name Gadreil and instantly thought of LOTR's?
    And who was the other angel who is fighting against Metatron? And what's he fighting for?
    I sometimes watch shows on my DVR while eating breakfast...this is not one of them.

Last night's show was shocking. And now we have to wait a couple of months to see more? I wonder who does the research for this show and how authentic it is. There is a lot of info on angels, religious texts and histiry.

couldn't Dean have prayed to him and he could have popped over and saved Kevin
    I think Kevin was well beyond saving by the time Sam/Gadriel released Dean and left. I do think it was telling that he took the angel tablets. You may recall that when Dean and Kevin were working together earlier in the episode, Kevin mentioned a part that seemed "deliberately garbled" as if Metatron didn't want anyone to be able to read it.

Metatron wants to rebuild hell.
    He wants to rebuild Heaven. He's only using Gadriel as a dupe. Someone to do his dirty work while he watches from the sidelines, hang out as a patsy to take the blame should it come to that, and then get rid of once he reaches the power he desires. Not unlike the unfortunate Theo, who was doing all of Malachi's dirty work.

Metatron is clearly a megalomaniac. It couldn't have been more clear than when Sam/Gadriel was asking "so then you will be God?" I actually felt bad for Gadriel. He's been out of the loop for quite some time and is just looking to make things right. He's on a similar path as when Castiel absorbed the souls from Purgatory.

*sigh* sometimes I miss the lighter, monster hunting days of this show. These heavy arcs are pretty deep.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

So I'm in the first 15 minutes of the next episode, and apparently superfan Becky drugged Sam into marrying her?

+ Reply to Thread