+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Supernatural

Re: Supernatural

Yes, I definitely enjoyed learning more about the Winchester family history both at the personal level and in the larger scheme of things. The Men of Letters was interesting and I like that they've introduced a new story arc. It was also interesting to get some more information as to why "Heaven" wanted John and Mary together so badly. If Winchesters were Men of Letters and Campbells were the best hunters (apes), then combining those bloodlines would get the best of both bloodlines into one. We will see Sam and Dean as the culmination of this right? That's why they're so good at what they do and why they have to stay together to do the work. Also enjoyed Abadon as a supreme demon. Would like to have seen her and Crowley meet!!!

Bearcata - I agree about Dean's reaction to Henry - pretty darn hypocritical.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Luv, luv, luv that the showrunners are continuing the Men of Letters theme. Luv the new BatCave. Interested new foe the Men of Thule. Dean's gay flirt moment was priceless. Hope we see more of the Golem and the Judah Initiative.

Definition of "showrunner"
    "Showrunner" is a term originating in the United States television industry referring to the person who is responsible for the day-to-day operation of a television series—although such persons generally are credited as an executive producer[1] or supervising producer. (This should not be confused with runners, who are the most junior members of the production team, though sometimes showrunners are called "runners" in short.) The term is also occasionally applied to people in the television industries of other countries. Unlike films, where directors are typically in creative control of a production, in episodic television the showrunner usually outranks the director.[2]
    Showrunner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Hyphenates", a curious hybrid of starry-eyed artists and tough-as-nails operational managers. They're not just writers; they're not just producers. They hire and fire writers and crew members, develop story lines, write scripts, cast actors, mind budgets and run interference with studio and network bosses. It's one of the most unusual and demanding, right-brain/left-brain job descriptions in the entertainment world....[S]how runners make – and often create – the shows, and now more than ever, shows are the only things that matter. In the "long tail" entertainment economy, viewers don't watch networks. They don't even care about networks. They watch shows. And they don't care how they get them.[5]
    I used to think that showrunner was just another word for writer.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 02-07-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Oh, TNT is running the early seasons of Supernatural in the mornings usually two episodes back to back.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 02-07-2013 at 11:00 PM.

FORT Fogey

Yeah, they have a home!

Quite enjoyed the themes of this week's show although I felt the necromancing Nazis were a little too easily dispatched.

Dean in the robe and slippers talking about the water pressure in the shower was hilarious. As was his "gay moment" and how flustered he was.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.

I saw in the Cancelled or Not thread that Supernatural has been renewed!! Yayyy. This will be their 9th season! I remember when we weren't sure if we were getting a 5th season. Some say the show is getting long in the tooth but I've actually found I don't really care. It could be all Dean and Sam wandering around their new homebase wearing plush robes and discussing the water pressure and I'd be okay with it. Castiel and Crowley can drop in from time to time. As long as I get to look at my Winchesters each week, I'm good. :p I never felt this way about Smallville. By S8, I watched out of obligation until the end but was pretty annoyed at the show in general. Not so here.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Women are Angels.

Am loving the domestic side of Dean, the cooking, the taking care of Sam, decorating his own room. I do wonder why they don't bring Kevin into the place as it seems the perfect place to hide him and it is big enough.

I am also thinking what if the next challenge Dean completes it and then the third either Sammy or both the brothers complete it meaning that both get to close the Gates of Hell. So instead it being Dean's or Sam's turn at sacrifice they both do it. I like the premise.

Liked the Prometheus story. Nice touch at the very beginning with him having his liver eaten by eagles. Liked that Sam is having physical issues due to him doing the obstacles. I do wonder if he is having a physical transformation that will enable him to close the Gates of Hell. Liked Dean praying to Castiel. Liked that they are still in the Lair.. nice touch having Haley comment on their normal research process.
    cablejockey likes this.

I hate that we get no new show until March 20th! I never thought I would find a show like this so watchable! I didnt think it would last this long because any show I really like usually gets cancelled by second or third season!

At least you get a show! We don't have the CW where I am. Boo!! Hiss!! I have season 12 on blu-ray though! Love Sam and Dean!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread