+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Supernatural

Re: Supernatural

Not peaking but bookmarking myself. We are buying seasons 1 and 2 for our daughter for Christmas and I will watch it with her. It will take me a million years to catch up to you guys.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    So I was leaving my development the other morning and while waiting to pull out onto the main road, a black Impala drove by. It was all rumbly and sounded bada$$ and the morning was all misty and I was like - hey! Sam and Dean just drove by me!! LOL. I tried to catch up to it but there was a moron in a Civic in front of me who thought that 45 mph meant drive 35 mph.

Here's the thing I don't get about the Sam flashbacks. We see how the husband has "the talk" with him at the bar. Then the next thing we see is Sam packing up to leave the house when he is confronted by Amelia. So, he tells her he is leaving. BUT in the first episode of the season, you see Sam leaving the bedroom/house in the wee hours and Amelia is asleep in the bed as he pats the dog on his way out. That scene looked like he just took off but these recent flashbacks show him as telling her he is giving her space. So either we need to see another flashback that fills in that gap or I'm going to have a continuity beef with the writers.

I am majorly concerned about who's jerking Cass's puppet strings and why.

I have enjoyed this season but I'm having trouble with the inconsistency of the flashbacks. I've had to watch some of the episodes twice to understand them.
    I like Benny and was glad he took take of the mad hunter.

Has anyone recognized Amanda Tapping as the angel who hauls Castiel beforeher randonly? She starred on Stargate for years--love seeing her again.
    inthegarden likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Has anyone recognized Amanda Tapping as the angel who hauls Castiel beforeher randonly? She starred on Stargate for years--love seeing her again.
    Yeap, that and seeing her name in the credits.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Not peaking but bookmarking myself. We are buying seasons 1 and 2 for our daughter for Christmas and I will watch it with her. It will take me a million years to catch up to you guys.
    I must admit when the show first aired I dismissed it as another monster of the week show and really did not start watching until the end of season 2. I actually went over to TV.com - Free Full Episodes & Clips, Show Info and TV Listings Guide to check the episode guide because I thought I hadn't started watching until the end of season 3. I would be interested to see what you think of the show during season 1 and 2 because it took a while for the mythology of the Winchester Brothers to build. Oh, season 3 is only 16 episodes long as that is the season they had that writers strike.

I kind of liked the early seasons when there wasn't as much heavy mythology/backstory. I liked the MOW where it explored what could really be ie. the tooth fairy, etc. I also liked the Roadhouse and those early characters who have since left us.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Season 8 Episode 11
    Torn and Frayed

That was sad seeing Dean cut off Bennie, Sam cut of Emily and poor Castiel brainwashed and killing angels again and Kevin sending his mother away. The theme of cutting of your relationships and isolating yourself runs heavy throughout this episode.

TV Guide really heavily recommended the LARP and the Real Girl episode but I didn't really think it was all that. I am tired of Sam moaning about giving up Emily. We sure as heck didn't see Sam have much sympathy for Dean when he gave up his love and his son. I personally want Dean to kick Sam in the butt for that. I do think the best part of this episode was the one LARPer telling the boys that their FBI badges were fake and Dean's speech from Braveheart? and then attack at the Battle of the Kingdoms at the end of the episode. That was fun.

I like a little fun episode here and there. It was cute to see Dean get so into it. Bearcata - I too loved the parts with the fake badges and the Braveheart speech. Sam's comment "It's the only one he knows" was cracking me up.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

While I didn't like last week's LARPer episode as much as Matt Roush from TV Guide did I thought this weeks episode with the boys grandfather, Henry Winchester was superior. Who knew there was more to Demon Hunters. I luv the Men of Letters and hope to see more. Luv'd the way Henry could use magic. Very, very good episode. Kinda funny to see both the boys and especially Dean ream Henry for abandoning their father for the job when that is exactly what both have done.

+ Reply to Thread