+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Supernatural

Re: Supernatural

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    It's an interesting contrast against the wussy Sam.
    Sam is just an annoying, silly character most of the time...the only time I've ever liked him is when his soul happened to be missing (some of the best/funniest moments of the show stemmed from that "character." Oh well :sigh

Awww Garth is back as the new Bobby and brings with him some sage advice and also a giant set of cojones for Sam. Thank you Garth, I actually respected Sam in the last 5 minutes. And I agreed with him that he should get to stake Benny as revenge for Dean killing Amy. Dean kind of deserves it.

But wow was that "confessional" scene brutal. Dean said some amazingly horrible (but mostly true) things.

DJ Qualls is a great addition to this show. I like that they're evolving his character a bit. It was great when he took over the investigation and was telling the boys what to do. His multiple cellphone pocket was hilarious. He had the best line of the night IMO - something along the lines of "Bobby didn't belong to just you. He belonged to all of us."

My only gripe - the music/score in the episode was horrible and cheesy. The scene where they were investigating the death in the convenience store had a score that sounded straight out of an 80s after school special. Where was the perfectly selected and timed classic rock anthems that define this show so well????? Someone is asleep at the wheel in the music department.
    cablejockey and inthegarden like this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Garth as a Texas Ranger, priceless. Garth as the next Bobby even more so.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Sam is just an annoying, silly character most of the time...the only time I've ever liked him is when his soul happened to be missing (some of the best/funniest moments of the show stemmed from that "character." Oh well :sigh
    Too True.

11/28/12
    Hunter Heroici
    Episode 8

I liked this episode. I like it when Sam and Dean and Cas are all focused and on a case together. Luv'ed the cat talking back to Cas. Liked the concept of the episode. Liked the police detective, she had a nice edge on her, won't mind seeing her again. This show has always been able to go off tangent and have a strong stand alone episode and then get back to the main story arc. I even didn't mind seeing some of Sam's back story with his girlfriend. He wasn't acting like a wuss or feeling sorry for himself. Jared Padlecki didn't a great job with that bit.

12/05/12
    Citizen Fang
    Episode 9 - midseason finale - back January 16

Ahhh....poor Benny. Really who was the monster here the vampire or the demon hunter who was not afraid to put an innocent human in harms way?
    cablejockey likes this.

I hate to see how far apart the brothers have become this season! YOu can see that Dean feels closer to Benny now than to Sam.

I was glad that Benny gave that a-hole the whatfor. I was on the edge of my seat that he was going to give in. I did like this episode a lot.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the nutball hunter was the guy who lived in Val Kilmer's closet in Real Genius. Just thought I'd throw that out there :p
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.

FORT Fogey

Ok, so Amelia is real...why all the soft lighting flashbacks? There is so much that the viewers don't know this season: Purgatory, Benny, Amelia, Cass & whoever he's reporting to, and is Kevin ever going to resurface? Lots of complete unknowns this time around. Hate the brothers not trusting/liking each other. Sam doesn't do furious very well, however Dean is a champ at that

So I was leaving my development the other morning and while waiting to pull out onto the main road, a black Impala drove by. It was all rumbly and sounded bada$$ and the morning was all misty and I was like - hey! Sam and Dean just drove by me!! LOL. I tried to catch up to it but there was a moron in a Civic in front of me who thought that 45 mph meant drive 35 mph.

Here's the thing I don't get about the Sam flashbacks. We see how the husband has "the talk" with him at the bar. Then the next thing we see is Sam packing up to leave the house when he is confronted by Amelia. So, he tells her he is leaving. BUT in the first episode of the season, you see Sam leaving the bedroom/house in the wee hours and Amelia is asleep in the bed as he pats the dog on his way out. That scene looked like he just took off but these recent flashbacks show him as telling her he is giving her space. So either we need to see another flashback that fills in that gap or I'm going to have a continuity beef with the writers.

I am majorly concerned about who's jerking Cass's puppet strings and why.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Women are Angels.

+ Reply to Thread