+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Supernatural

FORT Fogey

Re: Supernatural

This last episode was interesting with the multiple killers due to organ donation. I'm not sure what's going on with Sam, but the "normal life" flashbacks don't seem real. Besides, he has had a normal life when he went to college before he started hunting with Dean.

Castiel scoop from EW! I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case...

‘SUPERNATURAL’: ‘THINGS QUICKLY FALL APART’
    If you, like me, are still haunted by the image of Castiel calling out to Dean in Purgatory, sit back. I have some interesting intel for you.
    Click to see Spoiler:

While talking to Misha Collins about his charitable scavenger hunt (more about that here), he also confirmed a hunch we’d had about the last time Dean saw Cas. It was, in fact, while Dean was exiting Purgatory. But there’s much more to it than that. “That very moment is a pivotal moment. I think Dean is confused about what happened at that moment and won’t actually find out what happened then until episode 7,” he reveals. “It’s going to take a while to see that moment play out.” Suffice to say the truth hurts — especially on this show.
    But when Cas does return topside, look for him to be “reinvigorated with a sense of purpose,” says Collins. “He essentially feels like he has to do good in order to right the wrongs of his past. So he starts to collaborate with Sam and Dean for that reason — so that he can continue to try to make things right. He’s no longer paying penance, really, because it’s no longer an act of suffering for him. But he’s doing his best to right the wrongs of his past.” Doing so won’t be as easy as he hopes, however. “He’s doing that in ways that help Sam and Dean and then, ultimately, it might also make life — as per usual with the Supernatural universe — complicated for Sam and Dean. At first, it seems like everything is hunky dory. But things quickly fall apart.”
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

10/24/12

Video, nerds, college and werewolves, what's not to like about this episode. I always like it when the show runners decide to tell a story from a totally different point of view. Liked that character of Katie, I hope we see more of her. I can see the potential of her becoming a demon hunter and perhaps a partner to the Winchester Boys. How AWESOME would that be. Liked how Mike and Brian picked up on the bromance between the boys. That was too funny.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I like the shows where they take a side road off the usual business they are involved in from week to week. It did feel as if we may see that girl again in the future.

Again, I hate to nitpick but it irritates me when the writers don't bother to know their own show's history/mythology. Just like my gripe above about Sam conveniently forgetting about Dean's normal life with Ben and Lisa, this episodes final moment annoyed me because I was waiting for Sam to get on Dean about how he was willing to let this girl go but he couldn't wait to track down and kill that other girl who was friends with Sam when he was a kid and who just happened to be a monster who killed losers every few years or so. And he practically killed her in front of her kid but insisted it was necessary even though he knew that she meant something to Sam. But he wants to give this girl a chance? Why?

I did love the outsiders view of the Winchesters rolling up in their muscle car posing as Feds. Hilarious. Oh - and Awesome.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Again, I hate to nitpick but it irritates me when the writers don't bother to know their own show's history/mythology. Just like my gripe above about Sam conveniently forgetting about Dean's normal life with Ben and Lisa, this episodes final moment annoyed me because I was waiting for Sam to get on Dean about how he was willing to let this girl go but he couldn't wait to track down and kill that other girl who was friends with Sam when he was a kid and who just happened to be a monster who killed losers every few years or so. And he practically killed her in front of her kid but insisted it was necessary even though he knew that she meant something to Sam. But he wants to give this girl a chance? Why?

I did love the outsiders view of the Winchesters rolling up in their muscle car posing as Feds. Hilarious. Oh - and Awesome.
    Yeah that is totally annoying and both Sam and Dean seem to be doing a total reversal as far as behavior. Just seems like lazy ass writing to me.

One thing show does very well is casting very interesting men and creating great buddies for Dean. Luv Benny. Funniest line "Dean all your friends are dead". True for Benny but not for Castiel.
    inthegarden likes this.

I'm liking the Benny character. It's an interesting contrast against the wussy Sam. I do wonder if Dean is going to have to make a choice. You can't have 2 partners.
    Women are Angels.

It may be that we are going to see Sam leave the hunt and Benny--they really must think of a tougher sounding nick name for him--will be at Dean's side. Just seeing them fighting and how Dean dropped everything to help this guy, makes it feel like there's more to this guy's role on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    It may be that we are going to see Sam leave the hunt and Benny--they really must think of a tougher sounding nick name for him--will be at Dean's side. Just seeing them fighting and how Dean dropped everything to help this guy, makes it feel like there's more to this guy's role on the show.
    Oh no. I kinda like the idea of a kick ass shades of grey hero with the name of Benny. 'Sides he's cute. That is cute and lethal. What a combination. Big sigh!

+ Reply to Thread