+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Supernatural

Re: Supernatural

Finally watched the "Mommy Dearest" episode...not bad not good...best part the revealing that Crowley is still alive and OMG.....Castiel is working with him. The next three episodes should hopefully be heavy with the Civil War in Heaven story arc.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I don't think it is because SN doesn't pay that well. Bobby Singer is a semi-regular character, he doesn't have to be on set all day everyday, if he has the opportunity to do other shows and other characters good for him. As an actor he probably waited a long time to get the opportunity to ply his craft so he is taking advantage of it both to add to his resume and for the money.
    His wife passed away and he has a young daughter. Being a regular on SPN would mean spending more time in Vancouver (and away from her) so he opts for being a reoccurring character instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    His wife passed away and he has a young daughter. Being a regular on SPN would mean spending more time in Vancouver (and away from her) so he opts for being a reoccurring character instead.
    Thanks for the info. That's are hard job raising a kid by yourself.

Did we talk about this show being renewed for next season? I couldn't remember and just saw on EW that it has in fact been renewed through 2012

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Did we talk about this show being renewed for next season? I couldn't remember and just saw on EW that it has in fact been renewed through 2012
    Thank you, thank you thank you. All I had heard was that it was a maybe. The only good thing about Supernatural is that being on the CW that network didn't want to have to replace 2 shows, 1 yes not two, which means One Tree Hill will probably renew and Hellcats go. I did hear Nikita will be cut, not sure about that.

Bearcata - Here is the link to the EW article I read. I think this one just keeps getting updated. If you look at the date it was last updated 4/30. So you may want to keep an eye on this for your other shows. And I agree, with Smallville ending, the CW couldn't afford to lose it's other solid cash cow.

My 2nd fave line from this week's ep was another Dean classic: "You know who else whines a lot? Babies."
    I was rolling.

thanks for the info ... I am always amazed at how the networks draw out the renewal process for some shows.

FYI:

Breaking News - The CW Announces Early Pickups for Five Series for the 2011-2012 Season | TheFutonCritic.com

The network also renewed fan favorite SUPERNATURAL, which enters its seventh season next year. In moving to Fridays last September, SUPERNATURAL immediately helped make The CW more competitive on the night and dramatically contributed to year-to-year gains on Friday of 66% in adults 18-34 and 60% in viewers.

Read more: Breaking News - The CW Announces Early Pickups for Five Series for the 2011-2012 Season | TheFutonCritic.com Breaking News - The CW Announces Early Pickups for Five Series for the 2011-2012 Season | TheFutonCritic.com

Very interesting stats. I have to say, as much as I love Fringe, I choose to watch Supernatural on Fridays.

+ Reply to Thread