+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Supernatural

Re: Supernatural

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3866019;
    I almost thought the mom/sheriff was going to stop Sam and say "I'll do it" to go put him down. Even though she didn't, she still had to stand out there and hear that gunshot and know what it meant. That was a tough scene to watch.
    It really was. I know it's supposed to be the Apocalypse and all but - wow.

Humorous moment regarding the Sheriff at the beginning, though, when one of the diner patrons mumbled, "here comes Fargo."

Last night's show was amazing! Seeing Dean and Sam in heaven was so weird. But I dont understand at all what was going on with their mother! Why was she telling Dean that she was glad to be away from him? Why was she saying all those other hurtful things? And why oh why was she carrying on with that dreadful bald angel?

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;3868554;
    Last night's show was amazing! Seeing Dean and Sam in heaven was so weird. But I dont understand at all what was going on with their mother! Why was she telling Dean that she was glad to be away from him? Why was she saying all those other hurtful things? And why oh why was she carrying on with that dreadful bald angel?
    They were showing her yellow eyed as when the yellow eyed demon was possessing her. Zacariah was making sure the mother would say things that would hurt Dean, with the double goals of hurting him because Zacariah is petty and because it may make Dean give up and let Michael take over.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

My take was that Zachariah, like the other angel who used to call them talking monkeys, has actually fallen i.e. is as good as being a demon. I also thought that was not their mom, but a demon impersonating her.

This show manages to make those things sound sensible enough that I don't feel like a froot loop talking that way.

I thought this recent episode was really good. It was intense all the way through (that beginning - WOW!) but THE BEST EVER was getting to see Ash again. I loved that character and hated that he died when the Roadhouse was destroyed.

Very interesting about how the boys have been to Heaven many times so far but always had their memories wiped. We knew both Sam and Dean have died in the past but never any mention of Heaven. Also, very telling about Dean confronting Sam about how his Heaven was all about leaving his family. Zach trying to break Dean down was pretty effective it seemed. It sucked that he tried to pull the 'notice how everyone seems to just want to get away from YOU' card.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Yeah that was pretty awful, MiaT2. I can't even imagine a bona fide good angel saying those things.

I didn't hear about this show until last year. Who is Ash? (I saw this episode and I gather he was in the series a while since they knew him.)

Very interesting about how the boys have been to Heaven many times so far but always had their memories wiped.
    Yeah. The writing on this show is so good. I wonder if the writers are a fan of that movie, Groundhog Day, though. That bit had a glimmer of that film about it (also of the film Made in Heaven.) Of course I realise that just because this and another episode made me think of those films doesn't mean the writers were.

Town of Demon Hunters ends up being run by the Whore of Babylon. Amazing what endless source material the bible is.

Looking forward to the 100th episode. Looks as if Dean wants to become the Holy Vessel but Zackariah is going to f*** it up. Still this show has enough twists and turns that I am sure there will more to the story.

Dean is going to get is a$$ beat by Cas too it seems.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2;3875003;
    Dean is going to get is a$$ beat by Cas too it seems.
    Ahh....poor Dean.

Really? By Cas? I hope not. I really don't want Castiel to become just another fallen one! I like Castiel.

Jensen Ackles is doing an amazing job with his character arc. I can really see the whole struggle from dark to light, communicated in his eyes.

This last episode was good. The writing is so lean. Dean's choice was revealed when he was able to slay the 'Whore.'

It's interesting how the show interprets many of these archetypes. The whore of Babylon turns out to be a possessed preacher's kid. Wow.

+ Reply to Thread