+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Supernatural

Re: Supernatural

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;3815019;
    I was left wondering if the 2 kids were going to get charged with the murder of the third who died at the hands of the demon. Dean and Sam just dropped them off, and we didnt see any more.
    Ah..the consequences of fooling around with demons for a quick buck.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3747873;
    Began watching this show last year. Downloaded (legally) some old eps to catch up. But I liked the recent seasons the best anyway. I wonder if they will explain why an archangel has become 'evil' though? When that one angel used to talk about humans as 'talking monkeys' that bothered me, because in my theological beliefs, that's how the 'other side' talks about humans. Then it turned out he was working for the 'other side.' I wonder how (in the current story arc) they will explain one of the holiest angels supposedly turning into a demon, because to be honest it bothers me.

(But) The show is so very well done, artistically. The writing, acting, set decoration, even. I wish all shows were this good.
    Some of the Angels resented God's creation of humankind and that he held them above the Angels. Thus Uriel referred to them as "mud monkeys" Lucifer is still an Angel, but he was cast down from heaven. It appears that he was not the only one who felt that way toward humans, thus we had Uriel and his followers.

Gabrial bailed to get away from the in-fighting, but I bet he'll prove to be an ally when needed.

It seems that there's a war in Heaven, basically, with Angels on either side. I hope Castiel gets his Angel mojo back at some point, because he has worked to save humankind along with the Brothers Winchester.

ASassyKat, thanks.

It's just that, in my RL theology, Uriel is one of the good guys - so is Gabriel. I did feel relieved when the show exposed that one trash-talking angel as a fallen angel (a demon), though. The good guys just shouldn't talk like Lucifer does, about humankind!

This show is very well written and imaginative, though. With anything I guess one has to allow artistic license for some points. Considering the enormous theological issues they grapple with on a regular basis, they do an awesome job with consistency.

Supernatural is back on March 25, 2010. Right after Vampire Diaries.

Woot!

Saw an old episode - well, sped through it and will have to watch it closer later - but it was nice to have that new episode fix. I dunno when I missed this one but I'm glad I did. (So I could see it now.)

It was a kind of 'tribute' to the movie Groundhog Day. The cast and writing on the series are very good - so are the things like set decoration and even costumes. ("Even" because modern costuming is subtler.)

Poor Bobby is wife is back from the dead and he has to kill her again before she becomes a mindless flesh eating zombie. Here he is saving the world from demons for the last 20 or 30 yrs and yet he is only known as the town drunk. How cruel and ironic.

It was hard to watch him with his wife knowing how it would end! Bobby has had it real bad the last few years--losing his hunter friends, his legs and now his wife again. It is cruel that for all he's done to help the human race, he does not get any recognition or respect.

Soon as I saw him with combed hair and a clean house, I knew. It was weird that the whole town was in on it and okay with it, though! Hadn't any of them watched Night Gallery? (Or...Supernatural? Lol)

The zombie scenes were kinda gross, but not nearly as gross as the prior new episode, with the guy plunging his hands into hot oil, etc. (I won't even go into the litany of grossness from that ep, but you all remember.) I wish they'd stop showing that scene in new eps. And in closeup.

Really pretty awful that the couple's own little boy killed/ate his dad. Sometimes this show is pretty dark!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3865841;
    Really pretty awful that the couple's own little boy killed/ate his dad. Sometimes this show is pretty dark!
    I almost thought the mom/sheriff was going to stop Sam and say "I'll do it" to go put him down. Even though she didn't, she still had to stand out there and hear that gunshot and know what it meant. That was a tough scene to watch.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Supernatural has been renewed for 2010 - 2011. It will be the 6th season for Supernatural.

Listings - VAMPIRE DIARIES, THE on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com

The network also renewed fan favorite SUPERNATURAL, which will enter its sixth season next year. SUPERNATURAL has one of the most loyal audiences of any show on television and does heroic work in a perennially tough time period. It has improved over last season among women and adults 18-34 (29% and 8%, respectively) this season, a remarkable accomplishment for a fifth-year show.

+ Reply to Thread