+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Wing - viewer surveys for NBC

West Wing - viewer surveys for NBC

NBC put up a semi-hard-to-find viewer survey on their website a few days ago, dealing with The West Wing. Questions ranged from rating characters to asking what kinds of stories should be covered, etc. Many people from TWOP (Television Without Pity) took it, until it was taken down yesterday.

The poll was obviously looking for respondents to be of a certain age group (the younger the better), and the questions sometimes got rather specific, like feelings about religion in politics,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    also how you would feel if Richard Schiff (Toby) left the show, which is likely to happen a few episodes in

Someone pulled some strings to get a similar poll up and running, so that an even bigger sample of opinions could be forwarded to NBC. Take it and let them know what you would like to see, who your favorite characters are, and what aspects of the show you like the most.

As a result, maybe those who are less than thrilled with the direction John Wells has taken the show in the past 2 years can lend their voice...

Instructions:
    If you would like to take it, please send an email to: unofficialwwsurvey@yahoo.com

You will receive a link to the survey and a code to enter. Open the link; add the individual code and you can begin the survey.

Please Note: Each person will receive a different link and/or code. Surveys without a code / with the same code will not be processed. The only way you will be able to take the survey multiple times is if you request it from different emails, different I.P addresses etc. If you care enough to go through all that, you deserve to have your opinion counted twice!

The survey was created by interns who work for Carly Himmel and her company of the same name. Thank you to her for 'loaning' them to us, and to the interns for all their time.

This is not an official survey, and no party profits from the results. At the end of the surveying period, all responses will be voluntarily analysed by an experienced ex-pollster who will then draft an extensive, in-depth report of the results. This will be available to anyone who completes the survey and requests the results.

The survey obviously won’t be accurate of the entire WW audience (for all of the reasons you all already pointed out) but at least it could give some insight to what online fans (that have time) think. Though you can't know exactly how people replied to the NBC survey, if the same people are generous enough to take the time to answer a similar one, we'll get almost the same results and be able to access them for free. And they'll be 'Joey-ized' too!
    (That last paragraph refers to the fact that the NBC poll was rather long. Also Joey refers to Joey Lucas (Marlee Matlin), Josh's favorite pollster)

The contact from the polling place has joined TWOP, and will be available for questions in this TWOP thread, among others in the West Wing forum. Have fun, and maybe help restore some 'sheen' to a great old show...

(Sorry for the double post, here's an update)

Feedback so far is good - about a thousand legit surveys taken out of 1500 overall.

You can take the poll more than once if you do it from a different email address and IP, BTW...

If you're wondering about the scope of the questions on it, they tried to emulate the original NBC poll questions. So if some of them seem odd, it's because NBC wanted to know it first.

According to Carly (the poll coordinator), the poll should be up until Monday.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Toby's the leak? Making that spoiler two posts up look good.
    Can't see what they are going to do once one of these guys wins...Don't think I see either Alda or Smits taking on the commitment of a TV show. Is this the show's last season?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Can't see what they are going to do once one of these guys wins...Don't think I see either Alda or Smits taking on the commitment of a TV show. Is this the show's last season?
    I think it is the last season. Too bad, one of my favorite all time shows, even the "low seasons" that critics talk about.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I still enjoy it - was shocked that Toby was the leak. I actually thought they were setting it up to be Margaret.

I still remember the season opener when Josh came up the stairs and said to Bartlet & the others...."the President is here". Would he care if it were Vinick? Yet I can't see the Santos/McGarry ticket being a realistic win.

I still enjoy it - it's not as gripping as it used to be - it doesn't have the fantastic banter but I still think it's a great show. Far surpasses Commander in Chief, that's for sure!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I finally figured out the caption control on my remote... makes the show MUCH more enjoyable! Wish I hadn't missed so much in earlier years.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    I still enjoy it - was shocked that Toby was the leak. I actually thought they were setting it up to be Margaret.

I still remember the season opener when Josh came up the stairs and said to Bartlet & the others...."the President is here". Would he care if it were Vinick? Yet I can't see the Santos/McGarry ticket being a realistic win.

I still enjoy it - it's not as gripping as it used to be - it doesn't have the fantastic banter but I still think it's a great show. Far surpasses Commander in Chief, that's for sure!
    Commander in Chief shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as the West Wing.

I was totally surprised by the leaker being Toby as well. I thought him emphasizing CJ getting a lawyer was because he thought it was her. But of course that would have been too easy! Still love the show and always will!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    With what's going on in the real White House I think it is a good plot point to have a senior staff member be the leak.

FORT Fogey
    The show is so good.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I missed the whole middle of the show...thought I was taping... got a call from family in Florida so of course that took precedence. Left the show as Toby was being sent to sit in the green drawing room or something and came back as he was leaving the President's office and walking out. Aaagh!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast