+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Weeds (Showtime)

Re: Weeds (Showtime)

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;4092384;
    From what I remember Silas won the RV in a butter eating contest. Yes, you heard that right, a butter eating contest. This show is just too ridiculous for me lately......
    They won the fancy one in the contest. He couldn't take it because there was paperwork. They traded the Caddy for the JC mobile if I am correct.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondeOne;4092431;
    They won the fancy one in the contest. He couldn't take it because there was paperwork. They traded the Caddy for the JC mobile if I am correct.

All of that would require titles though. Doesn't really make sense. I guess the viewer just has to suspend reality and go along with it.

I just read that they could end the series here with her being brought into custody or they could go with one more season to tie it up in a bow. We will have to wait and see.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4106843;
    I just read that they could end the series here with her being brought into custody or they could go with one more season to tie it up in a bow. We will have to wait and see.
    I really enjoyed this last episode. Mostly because of getting to see Guirlmo again. I have no idea how to spell it. LOL Anyways...I feel sorry for Andy and Silex. I feel for Shane too...his Mom made him that way, or at least helped alot. I do hope they have one more season and tie up all the bows. I love Doug, I will watch anything that Kevin Nealon is in.
    I have to admit I never want any show or movie that I like to end. LOL It is my fantasy world.

I found this...Showtime renews 'Big C,' 'Weeds' - Entertainment News, TV Renewals & Rejections, Media - Variety
    There will be another season. Can't wait to see what happens.

I posted upthread about my hopes that Nancy would be caught by the FBI and the baby would be sent off to better parents. Perhaps I'll get my wish.
    I have a funny feeling that the guys will get to Iceland and have their fake identity discovered and then be returned to the US.

I find it odd that Nancy feels so compelled to cover for her murderous son, but yet seems to care less about her baby or her older son. The disconnect is quite obvious. I'm not sure how the writers will handle it. I think it best for her to take the fall. She goes to prison for life and her brother-in-law takes custody of the baby and middle son. THe older son goes to live with his bio dad and attends college.

I guess the finale was okay. It was just difficult to swallow much of the unbelievable scenes of how people who purchased last minute tickets could get into the boarding areas of international flights at the last minute. I just don't buy it.

I hope there is one more season and that's it. I feel Nancy having the baby hindered the direction and creativity although I'll concede showing the ultrasound in the season finale a few years back was great.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;4112228;
    I hope there is one more season and that's it. I feel Nancy having the baby hindered the direction and creativity although I'll concede showing the ultrasound in the season finale a few years back was great.

I think the baby should have made Nancy a better person, not worse. Sort of like Dexter. He's a killer and sociopath, but having his son has brought more morality and caution to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4112233;
    I think the baby should have made Nancy a better person, not worse. Sort of like Dexter. He's a killer and sociopath, but having his son has brought more morality and caution to him.
    Agreed. This last season she became a selfish monster. I found myself hoping she'd get caught and go down in flames. Based on what we saw on the finale I'm hoping I might get my wish.

I hope if there is a next season it will be shorter than the other seasons and will tie everything up quickly. This last season had so much off the wall ridiculous stuff it seemed like the writers just put in wacky, crazy stuff to fill episodes and pass the time. The show suffered because of it big time. What was once a dark yet funny show became a silly freakshow with a bunch of idiots doing off the wall things. Not since Nip/Tuck has a show gone from being clever and captivating to silly and uninteresting this quickly.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4107759;
    THe older son goes to live with his bio dad and attends college.
    i don't have cable, so haven't watched this season yet [via netflix]. didn't the dad pass away, thus nancy's need to sell weed?

+ Reply to Thread