+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 117
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Weeds (Showtime)

  1. #61
    FORT Fan BlondeOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Illionis
    Age
    41
    Posts
    175

    Re: Weeds (Showtime)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wryle;4082316;
    Anyone watching this season? Nancy/Nathalie has become a completely unsympathetic character, in my opinion. I spent all her scenes last night thinking "You aren't nearly as cute or sexy as you think you are."
    I am starting to agree with you on this. When I first started watching the show I loved it. Now I am not sure where it is going and it doesn't seem to be as funny anymore

  2. #62
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,206

    Re: Weeds (Showtime)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wryle;4082316;
    Anyone watching this season? Nancy/Nathalie has become a completely unsympathetic character, in my opinion. I spent all her scenes last night thinking "You aren't nearly as cute or sexy as you think you are."
    I thought the same thing! I watched the first few seasons of Weeds and then became fed up when it got REAL crazy. I just couldn't get into when that happened. I took a break.

    I just recently starting watching again. It's better, but still not as good as the first few seasons. I have missed a lot, because I didn't even know she had a baby. I do find her to have become remarkably selfish, even when it comes to her kids. I actually cannot stand her character anymore. She is simply such a bad parent that it makes me ill, especially with the baby. OMG I don't even think she loves the child. It is clear the child would be better off with just about anyone else but her.

    Still, there are parts of the show I still find funny. They have painted the family into such a corner, I'm not sure where they are going either, but I can't see them going to Europe, which is what they are planning. I predict they will cooperate with LE and go into a witness protection program. Nancy and her middle son are such sociopaths that they will bring havoc to any normal lifestyle. LOL

    In the beginning of the series, I thought the show was about a loving mother/widow, who had to sell some weed to keep a roof over her and her children's heads. She was naive and got caught up into something that was over her head. Okay, that was funny and amusing, but now she is a sociopath who seems to be discontented with anything that does not involve serious criminal conduct and danger. And if her kids are put at risks, all the better. She's a real piece of work and I don't find it nearly as funny or amusing.
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-20-2010 at 01:28 PM.

  3. #63
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Weeds (Showtime)

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4088002;
    I thought the same thing! I watched the first few seasons of Weeds and then became fed up when it got REAL crazy. I just couldn't get into when that happened. I took a break.

    I just recently starting watching again. It's better, but still not as good as the first few seasons. I have missed a lot, because I didn't even know she had a baby. I do find her to have become remarkably selfish, even when it comes to her kids. I actually cannot stand her character anymore. She is simply such a bad parent that it makes me ill, especially with the baby. OMG I don't even think she loves the child. It is clear the child would be better off with just about anyone else but her.

    Still, there are parts of the show I still find funny. They have painted the family into such a corner, I'm not sure where they are going either, but I can't see them going to Europe, which is what they are planning. I predict they will cooperate with LE and go into a witness protection program. Nancy and her middle son are such sociopaths that they will bring havoc to any normal lifestyle. LOL

    In the beginning of the series, I thought the show was about a loving mother/widow, who had to sell some weed to keep a roof over her and her children's heads. She was naive and got caught up into something that was over her head. Okay, that was funny and amusing, but now she is a sociopath who seems to be discontented with anything that does not involve serious criminal conduct and danger. And if her kids are put at risks, all the better. She's a real piece of work and I don't find it nearly as funny or amusing.
    Exactly, and well said.

    I haven't watched this show in a long time, having been disenchanted with the story. This week, I caught the episode. She is pretty detached from that bably, and I actually presumed they kidnapped it.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  4. #64
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,206

    Re: Weeds (Showtime)

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4088333;
    Exactly, and well said.

    I haven't watched this show in a long time, having been disenchanted with the story. This week, I caught the episode. She is pretty detached from that bably, and I actually presumed they kidnapped it.
    No, they didn't kidnap it. It's really her baby. Somehow she had a baby by a huge drug lord from Mexico. I didn't see the details. She ran from him because of a murder her middle son committed that somehow relates to him. Plus the father is very dangerous. How did that happen? Who knows? If he catches her, she will likely be killed and daddy will keep the baby. Apparently, the drug lord Mexican father has reported that she stole the baby, that's why they issued the Amber Alert. Funny, I think the baby may very well be better off with the drug lord Mexican father. LOL

  5. #65
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,440

    Re: Weeds (Showtime)

    I'm another one who loved the first few seasons; my whole family did. But as it got darker, almost every character became completely unlikeable with no redeeming qualities. Even great guest stars didn't help season 5. I can understand why Elizabeth Perkins had enough and wanted out.

    I'm not even sure I'll bother to rent Season 6 unless my son wants to see how it ends. I think this is its last season, right?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  6. #66
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,206

    Re: Weeds (Showtime)

    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4088850;
    I'm another one who loved the first few seasons; my whole family did. But as it got darker, almost every character became completely unlikeable with no redeeming qualities. Even great guest stars didn't help season 5. I can understand why Elizabeth Perkins had enough and wanted out.

    I'm not even sure I'll bother to rent Season 6 unless my son wants to see how it ends. I think this is its last season, right?
    Oh, I didn't realize it was ending. God bless them. It's a good idea.

    It's sad when shows get on their last leg and the writing just seems to suffer. It's so sad. I can recall several great shows that went down that way including, Nip Tuck. They ran that show through the mud. It suffered a long painful death. Now we are seeing REscue Me go through a similar phase. It's not horrible, but it's not good either. I think Denis Leary's heart wasn't in it anymore. There's one season left.

  7. #67
    FORT Fanatic Ace Medallion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    449

    Re: Weeds (Showtime)

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4088874;
    Oh, I didn't realize it was ending. God bless them. It's a good idea.

    It's sad when shows get on their last leg and the writing just seems to suffer. It's so sad. I can recall several great shows that went down that way including, Nip Tuck. They ran that show through the mud. It suffered a long painful death. Now we are seeing REscue Me go through a similar phase. It's not horrible, but it's not good either. I think Denis Leary's heart wasn't in it anymore. There's one season left.
    You hit the nail on the head!!!! Weeds is going down the EXACT same path Nip/Tuck did!!! What started out as a darkly funny and clever show now seems to try too hard and just comes off as obnoxious. The first two seasons of this show were amazing but with each season since season 3 I like it less and less. I'm going to watch the last couple episodes cause I think this will be the last season and want to see how it all ends, but if it does continue on to another season I highly doubt I will be tuning in.

    One more thing. I always liked how Nancy wasn't perfect and made mistakes but in the last few seasons she's become COMPLETELY unlikable. I find myself hoping she really gets what's coming and something bad happens to her.......which I'm kind of thinking things aren't exactly going to have a happy ending for the Botwins so perhaps this will come true!

  8. #68
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,206

    Re: Weeds (Showtime)

    I agree with all above comments. I'm beginning to want bad things to happen to them. I think the viewers are supposed to root for the characters to escape, get freedom, and be happy. I don't feel that way about these people. I actually NOW feel that Nancy is pulling her brother-in-law down. I dislike her much more than him. At times, I wish the FBI would capture them. Nancy goes to prison and the murderous son goes to a mental health facility, although it won't help. He is a sociopath and will never be normal. The baby is placed in foster care with good parents and soon adopted to normal people. The older son will then be free to attend college. I don't care about the others.

    Can someone answer this for me. When they got that RV from that lady, did they purchase it or rent it? How would they have the money to purchase an RV. If I recall they didn't get that much from the drug sales. And if they rented it, wouldn't there be a lookout by law enforcement when it was overdue? Now they just trade the RV for a car from a guy on the street? Can anyone explain this?

    Also, the scenes where Nancy leaves the RV in the western town and drives to a bar, drinks, insults the bartender and then has sex with him on the bar was just so ridiculous. And how did the bartender's wife even know where to find her the next day? Too bizarre IMO.

  9. #69
    FORT Fanatic Ace Medallion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    449

    Re: Weeds (Showtime)

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4092015;
    I agree with all above comments. I'm beginning to want bad things to happen to them. I think the viewers are supposed to root for the characters to escape, get freedom, and be happy. I don't feel that way about these people. I actually NOW feel that Nancy is pulling her brother-in-law down. I dislike her much more than him. At times, I wish the FBI would capture them. Nancy goes to prison and the murderous son goes to a mental health facility, although it won't help. He is a sociopath and will never be normal. The baby is placed in foster care with good parents and soon adopted to normal people. The older son will then be free to attend college. I don't care about the others.

    Can someone answer this for me. When they got that RV from that lady, did they purchase it or rent it? How would they have the money to purchase an RV. If I recall they didn't get that much from the drug sales. And if they rented it, wouldn't there be a lookout by law enforcement when it was overdue? Now they just trade the RV for a car from a guy on the street? Can anyone explain this?

    Also, the scenes where Nancy leaves the RV in the western town and drives to a bar, drinks, insults the bartender and then has sex with him on the bar was just so ridiculous. And how did the bartender's wife even know where to find her the next day? Too bizarre IMO.
    From what I remember Silas won the RV in a butter eating contest. Yes, you heard that right, a butter eating contest. This show is just too ridiculous for me lately......

  10. #70
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Weeds (Showtime)

    Silas couldn't take the one that he won in the butter contest because it required a social security number so the MC of the contest ended up taking the RV. This RV was sold very cheap because the owner had been a creepy reverend who had sexual fetishes with young men from what I gathered.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.