+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Weeds (Showtime)

giz
    Oh, I love this show. Perhaps not quite on the Sex and the City level, but I LOVE this show. It's intelligent, relevant and subversive. I haven't seen last season, yet, I've got to get that on dvd.

Oh yea giz! You have to watch season 1!! It's so great!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by giz View Post
    Oh, I love this show. Perhaps not quite on the Sex and the City level, but I LOVE this show. It's intelligent, relevant and subversive. I haven't seen last season, yet, I've got to get that on dvd.
    I like Mary-Louise Parker but can't quite understand what drives a widowed mother of two to sell pot to make a living. All in all I found the show a good study of flawed personalities.

giz
    Well, I missed season one, but I"m assuming she had no life insurance on her husband and wanted to maintain their upscale life, but did not have job skills. The last episode was a bit much. Andy's toes. Ewww! That, I can do without. Otherwise the show is great, my new favourite. I love the storyline of her awful friend. Elizabeth Perkins is playing the part with a lot of depth.

FORT Fanatic
    What the hell are they doing on this show? Ugh. I want Peter gone. I didn't want to see the scene with him in the car at the end. There has been more than one episode ending with Peter the downer in the car - and I really need that to stop. The actor is fine, but they have done a crappy job writing that character in any kind of likeable way.
    Good point tonight - Shane looks so cute following his girlfriend around. Ever since I heard the kid is the actor who voiced Nemo, I see him as a cute little guppy.
    Best points - Every time the Huskeroos commerical comes on - I love that actress, her character, and how she hammed it up for the commercial. Love.
    And - Celia and Doug. I love how Celia is blindly sleeping her way through her husband's business partners.

I hear ya. Peter listening to her talk about not loving him, etc. They show in the preview that the house is raided. Now whether or not Nancy and Conrad are there, we don't know....how can they go on to another season from here? Isn't next week supposed to be the season finale?
    Yup, with donuts!!

giz
    What I don't get is, does Nancy care for Peter at all? I am pretty confused about that one. We just got the show with the preview of Peter in the car last night, so I'm thinking we're behind America a couple of episodes.

Still loving Elizabeth Perkins' story line. I like the actor who plays Peter, and I find him likeable. He obviously cares a lot for Nancy and is gutted when he hears she is not really interested in him (though I'm not sure that that's the case). I think he's Canadian.

Oh giz... you are in for a treat with the finale for sure!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2128101;
    Oh giz... you are in for a treat with the finale for sure!!
    The finale was absolutely crazy!!! I cannot wait for season 3 to start airing. This is definately one of the best shows on tv.

I will just have to wait for the second season to come out on DVD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast