+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Weeds (Showtime)

Re: Weeds (Showtime)

I think they have dragged this series out for too long. Sometimes it's just better to let things go out when they are on the top. It's just painful to see a good show go downhill to the point that it's an embarrassment for the cast. I saw that happen with Nip Tuck. It's also happening with Rescue Me IMO. There are only a few expisodes left, but I'm having to force myself to watch. Weeds has really gotten bad too. I'm not sure if they have the same writers as they did the first few years. It doesn't seem like it.

I loved the show the first few years. Then it went off the tracks and the characters became so annoying that it made you hate everbody. How many more epsidoes in this season?
    Ace Medallion likes this.

I finally gave up on this trainwreck a few weeks ago but since I watched from the very beginning I'm curious as to how they ended it all......did anybody watch? Care to just fill me in on the basics of how they ended everything? Thank you in advance!

The last episode didn't seem like an ending. If that was the final episode of the whole series, it didn't answer anything in my opinion. I think they are gearing up for a season 8. Nancy's sister came after Silas told her that Nancy was still dealing drugs. Her sister wants her to sign over the rights to Stevie and leave them alone. I'll have to go back and rewatch but it sure didn't tie anything up.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I caught up this weekend since this was the end of the season. Has Jennifer Jason Leigh always played Nancy's sister? OMG. I love that actress! I just noticed her when she came to NY to get Nancy to sign the custody papers. I thought the way they drew everybody together to move to CT, pretty clever.

Who shoots at Nancy? Is that her ex-boyfriend from NY or will it turn out to be the person I have suspected is alive, and that is her last husband? I never believed he was killed in prison. I think he's back and out to get his son. I guess we'll find out next season. I'm assuming the shooter missed and Nancy will have to go into hiding.

i think it's the "dead" mexican drug lord hubby too.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Who shoots at Nancy? Is that her ex-boyfriend from NY or will it turn out to be the person I have suspected is alive, and that is her last husband? I never believed he was killed in prison. I think he's back and out to get his son. I guess we'll find out next season. I'm assuming the shooter missed and Nancy will have to go into hiding.

Maybe it's Celia? : ) What happened to her?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

It looked to me like a white or Latino male that was holding the rifle.

geez, i thought the series finale was a snoozefest!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly View Post
    geez, i thought the series finale was a snoozefest!
    I never watched this past season. Please give a summary if you have time.

I'm not sure how much I missed. The last episode I saw was the one I posted about above where they had moved to this country house, were sitting at a dinner table in the yard and someone with a rifle was aiming at Nancy. Was there one more season since then?

The last season recap in bullet points:

> They moved back to Agrestic and she and Guillermo made amends and started growing weed again
    > I guess it was 15 years later and pot is legal and Steve is of age to be Baht mitzfatd
    > Doug has a cult
    > Silas married the deaf girl and has a baby with her - the deaf girl still hates Nancy
    > I forgot her name on the show but Celia's little girl became 'Bruce'
    > The younger boy became a messy alcoholic
    > In the last episode Steve gets to go to boarding school and finds out his real dad was a gangster and not the Rabbi he grew up with
    > The brother in law finally has a child and has his own restaurant
    > Nancy is rich because of her pot coffe shops and Starbucks want to buy them

In the ending scene they all are outside surrounding Nancy (except for Stevie) smoking a legal joint.
    Debb70 likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread