+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 58 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Bones

Bones

Fox has a new show this season that has promise. It is about Temperance Brennan...a forensic anthropologist. It was originally a book series by Kathy Reichs.

I hope it doesn't disappoint.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Fox has a new show this season that has promise. It is about Temperance Brennan...a forensic anthropologist. It was originally a book series by Kathy Reichs.

I hope it doesn't disappoint.
    I knew that name (Termperance Brennan) sounded familiar, dagwood! I hadn't seen any press on the show where Kathy Reich's name was mentioned. I just might give this show a look.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FOX had a half hour special on the new fall season. Kathy Reichs did part of the segment. She said that in the show Tempe is trying to write a book with the main character being named Kathy Reichs. Should be interesting.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Cool! I really like Kathy Reichs' Tempe Brennan series and always thought they would translate nicely into a movie (or TV series, for that matter). Any word on the casting?
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I haven't double checked, but from memory I think David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel are the stars.

I could be getting this muddled with trailers I've seen for other new autumn shows though.

You're right, Fluff, at least about David Boreanaz. I finally saw a commercial for this and, being an old Angel/Buffy fan, seeing David again caught my eye. I'll definitely tune in to see him again.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Did anyone watch this tonight? I missed the first half hour, unfortunately, but I enjoyed what I did manage to catch. I have always enjoyed forensic anthropology; in fact, I used to be a teacher's aid in phys anthro class where I was known as "the bone girl" (because I was always seen wheeling bone samples around campus--not whatever else you might have been thinking! ). Anyway, I enjoyed this new angle to the police procedural, because skeletons have fascinating stories to tell.

It was so good to see David Boreanaz again, too. He even had a brief ass-kicking moment that made my heart long a bit for the old "Angel" days, but alas. I'll probably tune in again to this and see what develops.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I watched it (only because of David Boreanaz - big Buffy/Angel fan too). It was a lot of fun. I like the supporting cast, I thought the lead characters had chemistry. I wasn't disappointed. Well, only when I kept thinking David Boreanaz would morph into Angel.

I'll have to get some of the books (surprised I haven't found them yet!).

Chris

I've read most of her books and they were wonderful. What a talented person she (Kathy Reichs) is, as she really is a forensic pathologist, as well as a writer. The books translate well to the screen but aren't enough to cover a full season (if she does one plot/book per show). I would assume that she would then be screen writing episodes for the shows. It will probably be a little like CSI, since she is a forensic pathologist and solves crimes by studying the skeletal remains of murder victims. I taped it last night and intend to watch tonight.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I missed the premier; if anyone else did, it's going to be rebroadcast on Friday night, 7C/8E.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 58 123456789101151 ... LastLast