+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 574
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Bones

  1. #531
    Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,978

    Re: Bones

    I was just disappointed in the finale. Where was Reed Diamond's character? He's always been involved in the Pelant episodes. And I'm kind of over the Pelant story anyway. Angela can lead him in to her AngelaTron and not find out where he is? He goes "dark" but then can spy on B&B at the playground the next day? Why wouldn't Booth just take Bones to somewhere that clearly can't be bugged, turn off the cell phones and say, "Hey, Pelant will kill people if we get married. Let's keep the wedding on the DL and put it off until we catch that bastard. Act sad like we broke off the engagement, and tell no one about this, but once we get his butt, we'll get hitched." It just seemed so forced plot wise.

  2. #532
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    1,994

    Re: Bones

    My son said that they should just put their hands over their mouths so that Pelant can't read their lips.

    Good news is that we get 24 episodes again next year :-)

  3. #533
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,841

    Re: Bones

    I was watching some old episodes of Bones versus some of this new season and I decided I really liked the Bones character more in the earlier episodes versus the last couple seasons. She's become relatively normal the last couple seasons. I had this on last night but I wasn't really paying attention because I'm not thrilled about these sorts of story lines that kind of carry on and on.

  4. #534
    Hey you! MiaT2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    1,496

    Re: Bones

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I was just disappointed in the finale. Where was Reed Diamond's character? He's always been involved in the Pelant episodes. And I'm kind of over the Pelant story anyway. Angela can lead him in to her AngelaTron and not find out where he is? He goes "dark" but then can spy on B&B at the playground the next day? Why wouldn't Booth just take Bones to somewhere that clearly can't be bugged, turn off the cell phones and say, "Hey, Pelant will kill people if we get married. Let's keep the wedding on the DL and put it off until we catch that bastard. Act sad like we broke off the engagement, and tell no one about this, but once we get his butt, we'll get hitched." It just seemed so forced plot wise.
    I agree! That plot machination was dumb. Heck - write it on a piece of paper. Overall, the episode was okay but that last part just really annoyed me.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

  5. #535
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,719

    Re: Bones

    I too was a bit disappointed with the story and really Palent knows where to put bugs and cameras and his just happened to be watching when Bones proposes. Not buying the convenience of it. The episode seemed very short and unfinished.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  6. #536
    Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,978

    Re: Bones

    The whole "shutting down the traffic lights in DC" seemed to be cribbed from Live Free or Die Hard and the dude playing Pelant isn't nearly as compelling at Timothy Olyphant.

  7. #537
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    1,994

    Re: Bones

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I too was a bit disappointed with the story and really Palent knows where to put bugs and cameras and his just happened to be watching when Bones proposes. Not buying the convenience of it. The episode seemed very short and unfinished.
    I think Pelant has hacked into the camera system in the DC area, not that he's set up his own. And he's running facial recognition software to tell him when Bones (at least) pops up.

  8. #538
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,719

    Re: Bones

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I think Pelant has hacked into the camera system in the DC area, not that he's set up his own. And he's running facial recognition software to tell him when Bones (at least) pops up.
    The assumption is that it is one big camera system. It is not. There is building security etc... it is really stretching it to think he has access to closed systems but I do allow it for the stories sake.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  9. #539
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    1,994

    Re: Bones

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The assumption is that it is one big camera system. It is not. There is building security etc... it is really stretching it to think he has access to closed systems but I do allow it for the stories sake.
    I think of it as the Machine from POI ;-)

  10. #540
    Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC coast
    Posts
    3,439

    Re: Bones

    Posted on Facebook . . . . new season begins September 16th
    Dicechick likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.