+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Bones

Re: Bones

I was thrown by the exterior too. I thought it was more victorian too than it turned out to be. I also am continually thrown by the inside which doesn't seem to fit my memory of what the square footage appeared to be on the house or the "bones" of the house that were so passionately talked about.

They've done those stupid car plugs on this show a few times and every single time they do it it really detracts from the show. I hate it.

I liked her interaction with the intern too where she was teaching him and keeping him humble.

They do product placement on many shows, but nowhere is that stuff more ham-fisted than on this show. I love Bones, but those little informercials are a huge turnoff.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    They do product placement on many shows, but nowhere is that stuff more ham-fisted than on this show. I love Bones, but those little informercials are a huge turnoff.
    It was pretty bad, for sure. But the worst I have ever seen was the Subway plug in the middle of Hawaii Five-O.

causingchaos - I liked that interaction with the intern, too. It was so funny when he talked about his article being replaced by something involving Selena Gomez, and Brennan said, "I am not familiar with Dr. Gomez' work." Then the Twitter hashtag #DrGomez appeared on the screen.
    Uncle David likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Rarely do shows successfully make the move from sexual tension to relationship. I'm glad the Bones staff found a way. Still loving Booth and Bones!
    Lil Bit and mushybrain like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I really liked the ending of the last episode with Parker and his mobile after everyone was so worried about him he was really doing something pretty special and creative for his sister.
    TripleGemini and mushybrain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I really liked the ending of the last episode with Parker and his mobile after everyone was so worried about him he was really doing something pretty special and creative for his sister.
    It was a really nice idea but an unsafe one to suggest that a mobile that was handmade by a child could be suspended over a baby's crib. I would have felt better if he'd made a photo collage or something. Some people don't have a great deal of common sense and the next thing you know will be trying their hand at crib crafts. The last thing I'd want is to know a baby choked on a flying part.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

When I was young a kid I can't name a single baby born in our uber-poor town (90% unemployment for sometime there due to economical issues) that had a store bought mobile. They were all hand made. Everyone one of them with pictures and baubles and that kind of stuff. So probably that's why I found it sweet to a degree too because it reminded me of my childhood when we would all get together and build something for the new babies that came along. I know some new mothers now that are using hand made mobiles versus the hyper sanitized ones from any retailer.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Well, I'm happy with the Monday move because my Thursday nights were way too crowded.

Overall I enjoyed the episode and liked the way all the characters were interacting. I thought the baby was adorable and it was so sweet that Bones used Angela as a middle name.

A few minor nitpicks - I know it's in the interest of time but I really dislike how TV portrays labor as something that happens quickly. Especially for a first birth, Bones wouldn't have progressed so fast that they couldn't get to a hospital in 10 minutes. Also, for someone as educated in anthropology as she and having spent so much time with tribal/less "civilized" cultures, you would think that she would have gotten into a squatting position for pushing instead of remaining lying prone since on your back is the least effective position you could be in.
    Totally agree!!!

Ack!! What an ending. You can see what a shortened season did to the storyline. Certainly a criminal like we haven't seen on Bones before. I found it sentimentally touching though that Bones and her Dad's story really came full circle in the last minutes.

Really good season finale for this show. One of the better ones they've done I think. The part where the bad guy was in their house was beyond creepy. And I want to know about the replacement alarm clock. Is it a bomb? I floved David B. in the scene when he thought he was going to save Bones. Fearsome and hot at the same time.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread