+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Bones

Re: Bones

I'm excited for the episode, but really irritated that they're moving the show to Mondays. As if there aren't enough shows to watch on Mondays! As with everything else that airs Monday nights, I'll be catching it OnDemand.

The show also got picked up for an 8th season, so we should be getting a FULL season next year! There was some worry that this would be the final season. I'm so glad it's not true!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm excited for the episode, but really irritated that they're moving the show to Mondays. As if there aren't enough shows to watch on Mondays! As with everything else that airs Monday nights, I'll be catching it OnDemand.

The show also got picked up for an 8th season, so we should be getting a FULL season next year! There was some worry that this would be the final season. I'm so glad it's not true!
    I work Monday nights so I'll probably do the same. At least for the Monday's I'm off here and there, I have something good to watch.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I'm just the opposite. There is nothing on Mondays or Tuesdays that I like to watch at the moment and was totally excited that it moved to Mondays.
    MiaT2 and Uncle David like this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm loving the Monday move. Thursdays are generally too crowded and, aside from my foolish devotion to HIMYM, Mondays are devoid of entertainment for me now that RHoBH is on hiatus. That's not to say that there aren't good shows on Mondays just like I know not everyone also is a slave to NBC comedies on Thursday. Damn you, Cosby Show/Family Ties/Cheers/Night Court/Friends/Seinfeld/Frasier! You've trained me since my youth to watch NBC on Thursdays!

Pretty much all I watch now on Thursdays is Private Practice. Sometimes AI. Mondays are DWTS, Castle, Smash, Hart of Dixie, Alcatraz,The Voice and now Bones

I love Bones, so I'll figure out a way to see it, even if it's later online or OnDemand. It's one of my favorite shows.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well, I'm happy with the Monday move because my Thursday nights were way too crowded.

Overall I enjoyed the episode and liked the way all the characters were interacting. I thought the baby was adorable and it was so sweet that Bones used Angela as a middle name.

A few minor nitpicks - I know it's in the interest of time but I really dislike how TV portrays labor as something that happens quickly. Especially for a first birth, Bones wouldn't have progressed so fast that they couldn't get to a hospital in 10 minutes. Also, for someone as educated in anthropology as she and having spent so much time with tribal/less "civilized" cultures, you would think that she would have gotten into a squatting position for pushing instead of remaining lying prone since on your back is the least effective position you could be in.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

I'm so glad Bones is back! And last night's show was worth the wait.

Many folks who work on Bones were live-tweeting (during the East Coast showing). Hart Hanson said he was grateful to the parents who let them smear the baby with grape jelly ;-) And I loved how they tied the beginning of the show (with Bones talking about good the writing was in the Bible, even though she didn't believe in it) and the ending (with no room at the inn).

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Pretty much all I watch now on Thursdays is Private Practice.
    Then, pretty soon you'll have nothing on Thursdays! It's moving to Tuesdays.

Also, loved the return of Bones!

I really hate when when they put these random plugs/commercials for cars in the middle of the episodes of bones. Last night was so blatantly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I really hate when when they put these random plugs/commercials for cars in the middle of the episodes of bones. Last night was so blatantly obvious.
    Yeah - that was dumb. I also remember it happening before with that parking-assist car and all the talk about Brennen's Prius.

I enjoyed the episode this week. The interaction between Angela and Bones was so funny. I love their relationship. The squintern of the week was cute too in his excitement about getting published. My one nitpick is that the exterior shot shown of Booth and Bones' house seems to be a different one than they first had. I could have sworn their broken-down fixer-upper was more of a Victorian instead of that blase Cape Cod they showed last night. At least it was accurate though. That house looks like 90% of the SF houses you see in NW/NE DC.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread