+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Bones

Re: Bones

I really like Max too. I think he helps to humanize Brennan. Until he showed up, she was so "all business" and you didn't get as much of a sense of her as a person. I think seeing where (and who) she came from softens her. Of course, some of that softening is a result of Booth too...
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thought you guys might enjoy my article about The Finder, the show we were introduced to during Bones this year!

(I usually hang out in the reality threads, so hi!)

Casting alert! Fox's "The Finder" - Montgomery TV | Examiner.com

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, interesting. I don't see Paget as having great comedic chops as they said. Hope she goes back to CI instead. I found Saffron a bit hard to understand, but didn't find the character grating. I'm a bit fuzzy now... wasn't she supposed to be transgendered? Will they keep that quirk or bring in a whole new character?

CCL

I believe Paget Brewster started off as a comedic actress; she had a recurring role on Friends, for example. I don't think she will be on The Finder, though, as
    Click to see Spoiler:
    she is rejoining Criminal Minds.

I like Saffron Burrows (but, then, they get rid of everyone I like it seems so, no surprise there). The article mentions her accent...the accent she was using on the show is not her normal accent. She was using more of a Cockney-type accent, rather strident, and it seemed to come and go a bit which was jarring. They could have worked that out. I have no idea if she was supposed to be transgendered though.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Aw, they got rid of Saffron? She was the reason I was going to tune in. I love her! Well, shoot. I might give it a chance, but I'm less enthusiastic now.

I'm not sure how I feel about how they've laid out the last part of this season. If B&B did get together and we saw NOTHING, I'm going to be pissed. After waiting all this time, the fans deserve more than a "Hey, remember that episode a few months ago? They slept together off-screen. Surprise!" I love this show, so I'm going to keep watching, but I hope this whole baby thing doesn't turn into some weird, convoluted story.

The Angela-Hodgins baby story has been so sweet and I've been watching the show for so many years that I'll go with it, but I hope HH doesn't disappoint fans like he did with that "It was all a dream/coma" episode where B&B "slept together." I want the real thing!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Glad you guys checked and enjoyed it. I'll be posting articles on all kinds of tv shows, so check back!

Also, new Paget news!

Criminal Minds family almost back together! - Montgomery TV | Examiner.com

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, well, so maybe once in a blue moon fans do have an effect. Must be a little awkward returning knowing that the producers or someone wanted you out though.

So I just finished watching the season premiere of Bones and I have to say.. I feel a little cheated. We missed out on the beginning and we're thrust into the middle - the settling in period. I know Bones will never be a giddy, blushing school girl but I think Booth may have been. I wanted to see the excitement, the rush of being new.
    They are cute together but I wanted more.
    Duckyface likes this.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    So I just finished watching the season premiere of Bones and I have to say.. I feel a little cheated. We missed out on the beginning and we're thrust into the middle - the settling in period. I know Bones will never be a giddy, blushing school girl but I think Booth may have been. I wanted to see the excitement, the rush of being new.
    They are cute together but I wanted more.
    The producers have said that they will show the early stuff in flash backs. They wanted to wait until Emily had the baby because she was so big that the early shots would not
    have made sense, i.e.... to show them telling every one about the baby when she was obviously 6-8 months pregnant.
    Over all a very good Bones episode. Perfect Bones and Booth interaction. The fact the Tempie actually
    Click to see Spoiler:
    said "I love you" back to Booth
    shows how far they have come as a couple.The murder was a little weak but didn't really care, I was more focused on the couple. By the way,
    how adorable was Angela and Hodgens baby? He was definitely a happy, cute guy.
    psucashcow likes this.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

I thought they handled it well. I liked that they were already together, the whole scene in the kitchen was cute. I also liked reference to the omelet shot of Booth. Maybe we can see it. I also laughed when he snapped a pic of her down on the floor when she got stuck. They are together but still cute and still friends.
    psucashcow likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread