+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Bones

Re: Bones

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    In the show where Mr. Nigel-Murray died, Angela said she still had two months to go. In the last show (which was also the next show), she was two days overdue. So two months passed between those two episodes.

What I want to know is when they start taping for the next season. Emily is already several months along in her pregnancy...if they don't start taping for another couple of months, we're going to have another one of those "gaps" in episodes. (But I think Bones is the only show that has done these gaps, at least that I remember...the first show of this season took place a year after the last season ended.)
    A number of shows have jumped ahead a year - Brothers and Sisters did it a few seasons ago and One Tree Hill jumped ahead several years (maybe five?) between seasons. Lots of shows have the season premiere many months after the finale of the previous season. It's definitely not a new plot device. At this point, I get annoyed when a show does it though, because it's become a bit cliche and it sometimes feels like the writers and producers being lazy - like they've written themselves into a corner with the plot and have to "reboot" to get themselves out of it.

I thought Booth's smile was not an "I'm so happy to be a father" smile. It looked to me like he was smiling because he thought Brennan was joking.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Joking as in she wasn't pregnant at all? Or that he realized he couldn't be a father because they never had sex?
    I don't know, to me it looked like a happy to be the father of our baby smile. I guess we'll see.

I think Desperate Housewives holds the recent record for time jumps...5 years from one season to the next.

I have rewatched the ending enough that I think that Booth is very happy with the news. This entire show seemed to show a different tone to their interactions which Max picked up on. Whatever amount of time has passed since The Hole In The Heart, Brennan must have reached that point where she has completely opened up to Booth. Booth's comments about the baby and how positive a development he is, reassured Brennan that a baby is a good development and she could tell him and he would be happy which the smile seems to signal.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    In the show where Mr. Nigel-Murray died, Angela said she still had two months to go. In the last show (which was also the next show), she was two days overdue. So two months passed between those two episodes.

What I want to know is when they start taping for the next season. Emily is already several months along in her pregnancy...if they don't start taping for another couple of months, we're going to have another one of those "gaps" in episodes. (But I think Bones is the only show that has done these gaps, at least that I remember...the first show of this season took place a year after the last season ended.)

It was already mentioned in some interview/articles awhile back that they were going to make some Bones shows centered around the new spinoff show Finder. Having Booth and others involved in the crossover to mak eup for Emiy being on maternity leave. Once Emily has her baby tye wil most likely have her back filming some episodes faking pregnancy and playouther giving birth on tv.

So, forgetting the whole baby thing for a minute, I wish they'd stop putting Max on the show. I really feel like he doesn't add anything to it.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat View Post
    So, forgetting the whole baby thing for a minute, I wish they'd stop putting Max on the show. I really feel like he doesn't add anything to it.
    I have to agree there. Once in a blue moon isn't bad like Angela's dad but as involved as he is as a character isn't that interesting to me.

I totally disagree, I ADORE Max! I think he is a great character, he is really funny, and I love his relationship with Bones

Quote Originally Posted by RealityRealmer View Post
    I totally disagree, I ADORE Max! I think he is a great character, he is really funny, and I love his relationship with Bones
    I agree with you. Especially for this episode when he detected something was different between Bones & Booth.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I have to agree there. Once in a blue moon isn't bad like Angela's dad but as involved as he is as a character isn't that interesting to me.
    Plus with all his prior criminal activities, I'm surprised that anyone lets him be involved in anything. I think I'd like him more if he just showed up as dad (like Angela's dad), not as someone involved in the case.

On a slightly related note, I'm bugged by the girl that is in the Finder.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat View Post
    On a slightly related note, I'm bugged by the girl that is in the Finder.
    I just read on Entertainment Weekly's website that they are re-casting her role!! I better go buy a lottery ticket!

+ Reply to Thread