+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Bones

Re: Bones

I just finished watching the finale, and all I can say is I was shocked. I totally wasn't expecting that. I can't wait to hear what others think.

Well done Hart Hanson, well done.
    Last edited by umngirl; 05-19-2011 at 10:10 PM.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I was shocked, although it seems implausible. It seems when Booth made the statement in an earlier show that when Bones got together with someone badabing, she would be pregnant, he was making a very true prediction. I still think that Bones took the sperm of Booth's from a couple years ago and impregnated herself.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

well the timeline would be only 2 weeks between Vincent's death and the baby's birth - a little soon to confirm a pregnancy, so you're probably right about the insemination. I loved the smile that spread across Booth's face after she told him
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I wasn't surprised with her real life pregnancy. Good way to write all that into the show. Though I am a little bummed out about it. I hope the baby doesn't feature prominently in this show and that the show doesn't overly focus on either their relationship or parenting.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, every episode focuses on someone's relationship! And it is woven through the weekly crime show. Sometimes romantic, sometimes parent/child, sometimes a work relationship, but always something.
    I don't see how we can fail to get a LOT of the Booth/Bones relationship in the near future, interspersed with a little of how Hodges and Angela are coping with the baby and each other. Speaking of which... I loved how the last push held off long enough for them to make lengthy speaches to each other...

So back to B/B...also loved Booth's slow smile, but I'm kind of stunned. Hello, zero to 60...can we not have had a few weeks of sweet courtship first before jumping in the deep end? Presumably something was going on in those two weeks... how were they handling it? I feel cheated!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    some of us are kind of hoping she's a love interest for Sweets.
    Now that'd be great!

I love Tina, so it was great to see her on the show.

I'm glad it's aired! I can't believe that they decided to go the pregnancy route. I also have to say that after reading Hart Hanson's comments on the episode it's safe to rule out insemination.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I'm glad it's aired! I can't believe that they decided to go the pregnancy route. I also have to say that after reading Hart Hanson's comments on the episode it's safe to rule out insemination.
    Yes, I just read Steven Nathan's comments as well and he says that the pregnancy would have resulted naturally, but then I guess the timeline is sort of off. How close to her due date was Angela in the Hole in the Heart? Then was there another 2 weeks within the final episode that Angela's pregnancy advanced until the birth? Basically, we must believe that Booth and Brennan did have sex probably during the sleepover which was Brennan's most fertile time, and then Brennan was able to take one of the new blood tests to find out she was pregnant.

Okay, just reread my comments. Way too analytical about a show.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

That sounds like me. We'll be watching a movie and I'll say, "Why would he do something like that?" My husband always says, "Because it's in the script!"
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

In the show where Mr. Nigel-Murray died, Angela said she still had two months to go. In the last show (which was also the next show), she was two days overdue. So two months passed between those two episodes.

What I want to know is when they start taping for the next season. Emily is already several months along in her pregnancy...if they don't start taping for another couple of months, we're going to have another one of those "gaps" in episodes. (But I think Bones is the only show that has done these gaps, at least that I remember...the first show of this season took place a year after the last season ended.)

+ Reply to Thread