+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Bones

Re: Bones

I hate these spin off show episodes of regular shows (hated the Criminal Minds one too). I felt I was watching a whole other show last night with Booth and Bones inserted periodically to remind me of what I was actually watching.

I enjoyed it. To me, the spin-off looks like it has promise. I'm not sure I need another show to watch but this one looks like it might be fun.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I have never watched this show before, but my brother got me to watch it tonight. But, the people on the show were not the people who are supposed to be in "Bones". What is the deal? Does anyone know? Are they setting up a spin-off?
    What bad luck for you! Give it another try.

I saw at the start of the show that the new scenario was based on some books by a Richard Greener, so went to Amazon to see if I wanted to buy them for my Kindle, but only the audio version was available. Weird....

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I hate these spin off show episodes of regular shows (hated the Criminal Minds one too). I felt I was watching a whole other show last night with Booth and Bones inserted periodically to remind me of what I was actually watching.
    Count me with you. I missed Bones Thursday and when I saw what it was about I didn't feel so bad.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I could tell right away that it was a set-up for a spin off, and I LOVED it!!! I thought they were great characters, I can't wait to see the Finder show. I also love the Criminal Minds spin off lol

I didn't mind the proposed spin off, but I will have to see when it is scheduled to tell you if I'm going to watch it. Geoff Stults sort of reminds me of Matt Passmore from The Glades which is one summer show I like and is located in the same general area.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Did anyone else think that the new spinoff is a lot like Burn Notice? Even down to the woman with the accent?

(Don't get me wrong...I liked the show, although there was too little "Bones" and too much "Finder" ;-) But that's usually what happens in episodes setting up spinoffs...)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Did anyone else think that the new spinoff is a lot like Burn Notice? Even down to the woman with the accent?

(Don't get me wrong...I liked the show, although there was too little "Bones" and too much "Finder" ;-) But that's usually what happens in episodes setting up spinoffs...)
    I too thought it was a Burn Notice rip-off. Looking forward to Bones this week!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I really get distracted by the in-episode car ads. Last night's episode with the moment to show the self-parking option really was unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I really get distracted by the in-episode car ads. Last night's episode with the moment to show the self-parking option really was unnecessary.
    I'm sorry that was so cheesy. Reminded me of the Toyota commercials in Chuck a couple seasons ago not to mention the tooth wisp commercial embedded in Jen Scheft's Bachelorette season.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

+ Reply to Thread