+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 58 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Bones

Re: Bones

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;4126398;
    I think the endgame, should the show go off air, would be Booth/Bones.
    Ultimately, I think that's the way it will be played. Though, it doesn't mean we all can't want it to happen sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4126597;
    Ultimately, I think that's the way it will be played. Though, it doesn't mean we all can't want it to happen sooner!
    I think I posted this upthread, but my hope is that Booth and Bones get together and are together for a while and then blow it and break up. THEN, when the show is about to end, they finally get back together and end the series happy. That way, we get to see them function as a couple and end up happy, but there's some drama thrown too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I am catching up on this week's tv and watching the episode I loved the part/laughed when they were making fun of the guy and calling him ridiculous names. "Dimwit" etc. It was too funny!

Last night's episode was maddening but satisfying as well. I expect that Booth will decide to join a monastery soon or both Booth and Brennan will end up finally tying the knot in the retirement community.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was really feeling for Booth at the end....he's loved 3 women and none of them wanted to marry him...why? I guess it is good he's mad at all women and not depressed which could just as easily happen...
    So was that we will just be partners stuff a response to Brennan earlier saying she was wrong, that she'd made a mistake? I admit I didn't want him to suddenly turn to her and say OK, you are kind of my 2nd choice now, but if you are still interested it's your turn...

I felt so bad for him. and geez, throwing the ring in the water like that - hubby said "there goes the college fund".

I think his saying that bit about being friends was just a way of saying back off at this point. Hes a little too vulnerable right now.
    It was so sad. Hannah was just drop dead beautiful.

Yeah, I know its a TV show.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;4189543;
    I felt so bad for him. and geez, throwing the ring in the water like that - hubby said "there goes the college fund".

I think his saying that bit about being friends was just a way of saying back off at this point. Hes a little too vulnerable right now.
    It was so sad. Hannah was just drop dead beautiful.

Yeah, I know its a TV show.
    A TV show but these moments are how you know it's a good one!
    I know the jewelry store guy said there were no returns, but I can't believe he couldn't at least sell the diamond and metal and recover a lot of the cost. I also didn't know that jewelry stores had a "no returning bad karma engagement rings" policy. Really? I've heard of couples exchanging the ring for one she liked better (personally I always thought those weddings were in big trouble from the get go), so I find that hard to believe.
    The only time I've seen that "bad luck" no return policy in my life was on cribs for a new baby.
    So yeah, even though I could see the toss coming a mile away, what with the water being right there, it was clear the cost was a major one for Booth's salary...and he DOES have a son needing college in not so many years!

He wouldn't be able to recoup the money for the ring from metal and stone value since the markup jewelry is absolutely incredible. The stone and the band aren't worth anywhere near what people actually pay for them.

Anyhow, I missed this episode because I was out of town (but am missing it more often because it's on opposite of Grey's here) is Hannah gone? She and this relationship stuff was one of hte reasons I wasn't really putting as much effort into this show anymore because it didn't interest me at all.

Even if you can't return a ring to the store doesn't mean you can't sell it privately. That's what E-Bay is for.

I haven't watched the entire episode. I watched part of it last night, but fell asleep in the middle. I'll have to try to watch the rest tonight.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4190071;
    He wouldn't be able to recoup the money for the ring from metal and stone value since the markup jewelry is absolutely incredible. The stone and the band aren't worth anywhere near what people actually pay for them.

Anyhow, I missed this episode because I was out of town (but am missing it more often because it's on opposite of Grey's here) is Hannah gone? She and this relationship stuff was one of hte reasons I wasn't really putting as much effort into this show anymore because it didn't interest me at all.
    Yes, she's gone......unless Booth someday decides he wants a friends with benefits thing...fat chance. I suppose just as a friend a few years from now.
    The show is worth watching just because it will doubtless impact the future relationship of B & B a lot.

+ Reply to Thread