+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 61 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Bones

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Bones

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4068155;
    I'm so happy it's back! I love David Boreanez... (even with his scandalous personal life). They were all looking refreshed and ready to be back. I really enjoyed the entire episode from start to finish.
    Yes, the sexual harassment accusations are depressing. I want him to be as nice in real life as he has always been in his TV roles!

That Jersey Shore episode was hilarious!! Brennan watching the "documentary series" about Guidos and studying their language and customs I love her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4079686;
    That Jersey Shore episode was hilarious!! Brennan watching the "documentary series" about Guidos and studying their language and customs I love her.
    I agree. Very funny.

Did you notice that Brennan made almost the exact same comment to Hannah about Booth that Cam made to Booth about Brennan about being sure about feelings?
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4079686;
    I know, and when someone (Angela?) tried to tell her that reality TV was not the same as a documentary Brennan tells her she's wrong.

I think the one who will be hurt is Hannah. Booth is still in love with Brennan, and as soon as they pull their heads out of their butts and admit that to each other, Hannah will be history. But, I suppose that will be the underlying drama for this season.

Wish they would find a way to bring Zach back!!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I love this show but I'm soooo disinterested in this Booth has a girlfriend story line that I find myself flipping away from the show often to find other stuff to watch. Not that I want to see Booth and Bones together just I could have lived without an extra character.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4080441;
    I love this show but I'm soooo disinterested in this Booth has a girlfriend story line that I find myself flipping away from the show often to find other stuff to watch. Not that I want to see Booth and Bones together just I could have lived without an extra character.
    ITA. Instead of this mess they should have brought my favorite character Zach back! I thought they were setting up his return when he admitted that he wasn't the actual killer or whatever. So, basically it is consiparcy to commit murder and maybe he could get time-served and some restricted parole (since in his case he can actually better serve society outside of the mental ward).

I laughed so hard all the way through the episode, especially when Brennan was in the bar and "displayed the crab" to intimidate the guidos into stopping the fight. When Booth and his g/f were in bed I said to my husband, she has to go! now! I think you're right, she is going to get hurt and be sent packing back to Afghanistan.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, if they are giving Bones some competition for Booth, I'm glad they are not just setting up a straw woman. So far she's sane, beautiful, likes sex, brave, smart, NOT all jealous of Bones and trying to sabatoge their work relationship, fun, willing (so far) to make some work sacrifices for the relationship, in short, everything he could want if he doesn't want Bones. So if he does choose Bones it is because he really wants HER, Asberger like oddities and all.
    Further, Bones in NOT making him choose between their relationship and the girlfriend.
    Not sure how they are going to resolve this, but I assume there will be some cruicial moment--e.g., that he has to choose which woman to save or some such, that will clue Hannah in, and she'll leave... or he will realize.

By the way, does it bother anyone else that Bones' "weirdnesses" go in and out in different seasons. Some seasons she seems to be becoming quite "normal", just a little unusually intellectual. Other (later) seasons she reverts to nearly diagnosible Asberger's.
    Some seasons you think she has a biochemical/genetic issue, other that all her differences can be attributed to her messed up family life, and therefore be more easily overcome.

I've noticed her personality fluctuating back and forth probably not so much as season to season but parts of seasons to parts of seasons (more than a story line and kind of out of sync). I sometimes watch reruns on different channels on the weekends and these fluctuations are more obvious when doing that.

I attribute it to the writers trying to humanize her occasionally but when she's heading toward human it doesn't fit with the hyper-rational Bones character. It's like they don't know how to handle that quandry writing wise. How to have someone that rational and detached from emotions and still make her human. The best written episode for dealing with that issue I think is the one where Booth professed his love to her. But I don't see her lack of emotional stuff or hyper rationalization as something to over come so much as it is who she is and if Booth wants to be with her it means accepting her for her. But I identify with her strongly which is probably I don't see her stuff as a problem so much as a personality thing.

I hope booth's girlfriend doesn't linger around forever, and I kind of hope it doesn't mean a relationship with Bones is in the future but I will accept that versus having a whole new character permanently on the show.

+ Reply to Thread