+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Bones

Re: Bones

They don't have all of the episodes though. I never saw the first one so I don't want to start in the middle of the Bones/Booth love thing.
    I usually watch it the same week (in fact, I watch Bones, Glee, and Lie To Me at one sitting). Fox and Hulu both go back 5 episodes (and Hulu has just started uploading Season 1).

I seem to keep bumping old threads this week!

Was anyone else crying at the end of tonight's episode? Booth basically declares his love for Tempe, telling her he "knew" when they first met and she turns him down That just about broke my heart. I know that with some shows, when the leads get together, it gets stale, but I think those two spar well enough that it would still be entertaining. It's not like they have a love hate relationship. They love each other and they're in denial....or at least she is. I just hope that, when the show finally ends many seasons from now, Booth and Bones have their happy ending together.

Tonight's episode was fun in that Sweets found out that everything he based his book on is wrong AND we learned a little more about how the team all started out with Booth.

Also, that kiss was pretty hot!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was crying at the end of the episode. It wasn't so much that she turned him that I was crying but because it was forcing her to look at a part of herself that she doesn't really look into that much. That whole moment of sharing with him that she was bad for him. I really identified with that.

CCL

I didn't cry...I was more shouting "Darn you, Bones!" They better have a happy ending, and sooner rather than later.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I can totally identify with her conversation with him. I've had that same conversation with guys where it's like I'm the broken one. I don't feel stuff like you do etc. But you don't want the friendship to end and you do feel like you're missing out on something. I had a long talk with one of my friends about just that this weekend. But I'm kind of happy that they're not getting into a relationship. I'm happier with them as platonic instead venturing down that road of a predictable romance in a show too with a super happy ending. I'm sure ultimately that's what is going to happen but for now I like it like this.

Who is John Galt?

I will enumerate my feelings about this episode:
    1. The old excuse that the producers don't want to duplicate the ratings bust that happened to Moonlighting when they united the leads in a "real love" relationship is stupid. If a show is well written with strong characters and good plotting, it will not turn off viewers if the leads fall in love and have a relationship (ex:Burn Notice). This is the same excuse they are using for Castle, and other shows where the leads have great chemistry.
    2. I get "turned off" of a show if they keep up the flirting too long without resolving the relationship (ex: JAG which ultimately did get them together in the last show).
    3. Most of us hated last season's ender where the consummation of the love between Bones and Booth was just his imagination.
    4. But, the way this was handled was good. They both admittedly do love each other, but Tempe feels that they are just too different and she is afraid she will hurt him because she has such commitment issues due to her parental influences.
    5. Booth told her he needed to move on and we will see how she will handle her inevitable jealousy when he starts to date and bed other women.
    6. When the series ends, I have little doubt that their individual issues will be resolved and they will find they are actually soul mates who belong together.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3875313;
    The old excuse that the producers don't want to duplicate the ratings bust that happened to Moonlighting when they united the leads in a "real love" relationship is stupid. If a show is well written with strong characters and good plotting, it will not turn off viewers if the leads fall in love and have a relationship (ex:Burn Notice). This is the same excuse they are using for Castle, and other shows where the leads have great chemistry.
    I just read this article yesterday addressing this very thing. I totally agree with the article (and you! )

The 'Moonlighting' Effect: Is That Why 'Bones' Refuses to Pair Leads Romantically?

Be forewarned -- spoilers ahead. In last night's 100th episode of 'Bones,' audiences were drained of all hope when it comes to the romance between Temperance Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz). After five years of the two of them clearly being in love -- 'Bones' is full of longing looks, jealousy and cute moments -- the showrunners still refuse to explore a relationship between the FBI Agent and the forensic anthropologist. But why?

We can only imagine it's the 'Moonlighting' curse. The popular '80s series that starred Bruce Willis and Cybil Shepherd sizzled in the ratings, until the two of them sizzled in the bedroom in the 14th episode of season three. After that, the ratings took a steep nosedive and the show never recovered.

Personally, we'd like to tell creator Hart Hanson and co. that they shouldn't be worried about 'Moonlighting.' You can have your leads in a relationship without alienating your audience.

It must be said that Hanson swears it's not the 'Moonlighting' effect. "Everybody always mentions 'Moonlighting,' but that honestly never comes up in our discussions on how to deal with them," he told EW's Michael Ausiello. "The 'Moonlighting' curse? Don't believe in it." Well, sorry, we just don't believe him. (Last year, he promised the sex between Booth and Brennan would not be a dream. Only to have us find out it was an "alternate reality." Oh, Hart. How stupid do you think we are?)

'The Office' survived Jim and Pam's wedding and is enjoying some of its biggest numbers. Season six, when the couple tied the knot, is averaging 9.4 million viewers -- a gain over the fifth season.

'The Big Bang Theory' is as popular as ever, even though Leonard and Penny are an item. In the beginning of the third season, the pair sleep together, and yet 14.3 million people watch every week -- more than the 8.3 million who watched season one and the nearly 10 million who watched season two.

Obviously, it can be done. What are the 'Bones' writers and producers afraid of? We'd love to be able to experience an actual relationship between Booth and Bones -- not just a series finale where they finally decide they are right for each other.

Some staples already went that route. Sure, Ross and Rachel on 'Friends' were together-together at the end of the second season and into the third, but they broke up after only a few episodes. And yes, throughout the series, there were moments and nods (they almost got back together in the third season finale, he said Rachel while marrying Emily, they had a Vegas wedding and they had a kid together), but for the most part, Ross and Rachel's happy ending was relegated to the series' ending.

We'd like to make a plea. Let them date! As Brennan says in this very episode, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome." Why continue to have them go back and forth, date other people and expect people to stick around to watch?

That sounds insane to us.
    The 'Moonlighting' Effect: Is That Why 'Bones' Refuses to Pair Leads Romantically? | PopEater.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

All I have to say is.... "I compare you to a kiss from a rose...."

Tonight's episode was the reason why I love this show.

Now I'm excited to see it! The show doesn't air in the U.S. until Thursday, so I have a whole day to wait.

all I have to say is: "and we copulate every chance we get"
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread