+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Bones

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    I watch CSI (the LV one.. try to watch Miami) and I too wanted to like this show but its as if something is lacking in it. The actors are stiff to me.. and dont have much to their personalities. I watch it because there isnt much on .. but i hope it gets better because it was a good idea for a show :/

that's true that the characters need more dimensionality, but they'll probably get better as time goes by. i like the the idea tho, forensic anthropology.

FORT Fan
    I agree that something is missing. I really wanted to like this show too, because I am a huge Tempe Brennan fan in the Reichs books. The actress is a little like the actress on Crossing Jordan--real stiff at first. But I grew to like that show and characters very much, especially the Jerry O'Connell character. I am hoping this one will get better. I need to give it a few more weeks.

CANNIBALISM
    The next show is supposed to be different and intriguing. The new case will deal with cannibalistic rituals...crazy!

I really like the stories. I agree that the main character is really stiff, but that's a character flaw everyone keeps mentioning. I think that we will get to see her start to relax and show more emotion as the season continues!
    Although, the show would be even better if they found a way to get James Marsters on it!

FORT Regular
    James Marsters the stories are great, but i don't know sometimes i feel like the lack of the main characters dimensionality suits her role...

i guess i can see what u mean cheergirl. So Bones tomorrow!!! it's great to have something good on tv. James Marsters, james marsters, name sounds familiar, but from where?

Quote Originally Posted by j2dap
    i guess i can see what u mean cheergirl. So Bones tomorrow!!! it's great to have something good on tv. James Marsters, james marsters, name sounds familiar, but from where?
    He was Spike on Buffy and then Angel He can be seen on Smallville these days
    if my must-see-tv list gets any longer, I'm gonna have to quit my day job

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by riblit
    He was Spike on Buffy and then Angel He can be seen on Smallville these days
    So he'd fit right in with David B. (Angel)--but since he's totally unrecognizable on Smallville--nothing like Spike--maybe he'll come on and we won't even notice.
    The question is, was it the character (Spike) or JM we loved. JM's a great actor, but Spike was an incredibly appealing role.
    I saw ads for this tonight and remembered it--long time Angel fan, gotta give it a try.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    I saw ads for this tonight and remembered it--long time Angel fan, gotta give it a try.
    Definitely give it a go; it's a pretty good show and the DB character is similar to Angel in that the character's back story is that he was a military sniper and he now works solving murders for the FBI and has an atonement complex. He wants to solve a number of murders to balance out the number of kills he previously made. But, nothing about a prophecy or anything quite so Whedonesque.

+ Reply to Thread