+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Bones

Re: Bones

I still think the Japanese doctor was female.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3422419;
    I still think the Japanese doctor was female.
    Are you talking about the episode that was on in the US here last night? where Sweets and Cam were going back and forth trying to determine if the Japanese doc helping Bones was a guy or a girl because no one could really tell based solely on the clothes or hair? At the end of the episode, Cam walked up and gave the doc a hug. She then walked back to the shocked group and said "He moved (or it moved. I couldn't really hear). He's a guy."
    Now, I, for one also think it was a girl. I don't know many guys who have ifeminate (sp?) voices like that. High and soft and almost lilting. But Cam said it was a guy. Of course she could've just been assuming based on one reaction.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

The doctor refered to him/herself in a derrogatory manner when she was making the mold of the skull. Hodges and Nakumura(sp) (the brother) were in the room with all of the lit opaque drawers (containing bones) and the doctor said something along the lines of 'a little Japanese woman like me can't screw it up'
    the doc's voice was modulated (it's easier to affect a lower tone than a higher one without sounding falsetto)
    the doc wore a scarf at all times (perhaps to cover up an adam's apple)
    the doc had an effeminate face
    Angela did say 'it' moved though - so for the show the character was male.. I wonder if the actor is?? I'm going to see if I can find the actor. For the sake of the show it doesn't really matter .. it only matters to satisfy my own curiosity and to of course proove myself right ... or wrong. lol

ETA: ha! Dr Haru Tanaka was played by Ally Maki - all woman. hm seems she was also on 'Buffy' a couple of times.
    Last edited by Duxxy; 04-24-2009 at 03:50 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3423650;
    The doctor refered to him/herself in a derrogatory manner when she was making the mold of the skull. Hodges and Nakumura(sp) (the brother) were in the room with all of the lit opaque drawers (containing bones) and the doctor said something along the lines of 'a little Japanese woman like me can't screw it up'
    the doc's voice was modulated (it's easier to affect a lower tone than a higher one without sounding falsetto)
    the doc wore a scarf at all times (perhaps to cover up an adam's apple)
    the doc had an effeminate face
    Angela did say 'it' moved though - so for the show the character was male.. I wonder if the actor is?? I'm going to see if I can find the actor. For the sake of the show it doesn't really matter .. it only matters to satisfy my own curiosity and to of course proove myself right ... or wrong. lol

ETA: ha! Dr Haru Tanaka was played by Ally Maki - all woman. hm seems she was also on 'Buffy' a couple of times.
    I believe she..er "He" said something about "your half chinese woman" in refrence to Angela. Which is why Angela said "Hey! I heard that!" and Ken? said something to the effect of "I'm sorry, that doesn't sound so rude in Japanese"

I didn't even realise we were supposed to be "confused" until Angela brought it up! I have no doubt the actor was a female. But I believe the final determination was that the character was male.
    Last edited by ClosetNerd; 04-24-2009 at 04:59 PM.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

"Yes. I believe your partly chinese woman would be able to reconstruct the tool used to decapitate the victim"

I rewatched it on Hulu
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3420154;
    Why are they showing two new episodes a week now? Are they trying to wrap up the season early this time?
    I think they were trying to make sure that we saw all the episodes made this season. There were a few that we pre-empted.

Loved the show last night - and loved the special 'guest star'. so, we may see baby-making the old fashioned way? or is just more delusions?
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

I meant to ask this a while back. A few episodes ago, Bones and Booth saw Daisy buying a wedding dress and lovingly embracing some guy that obviously was not Sweets. Bones wanted to tell Sweets but Booth said it wasn't their place. What was the end result of that?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Bones told Sweets even though Booth told her not to.
    he got all hurt and jealous and tried to break up with Daisy. Turns out it was her cousin's fiance and she was helping them get a dress on the big discount day since her cousin couldn't get to it. (cousin, or something like that).
    They made up and had great makeup sex.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Bones was too funny with her deadpan baby decisions and "floating filangis", "spacial disorientation", etc. baby games. Come on guys, get a room!
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread