+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 61 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Bones

Re: Bones

Did anyone catch this latest episode? The one about the Pastor with the sex change. I swear, this show makes me cry every week now. The ending with the son preaching to his fathers church was very touching.

I really liked the intern this week too, although it seems he's only there for a week like the others. I loved it when he asked Hodges about what happened to Zach. After Hodges told him in detail, he pauses... and says, "Wow, I hope that doesn't happen to me".

This show just seems to get better every week.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

The 'lameness' of the intern-du-jour had me rolling. I love the deadpan way in which he was able to deliver everything.

I loved Hodgins' explanation of what happened to Zack!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

And the fact that Bones always referred to him by his full name. (Which I can't remember right now). I absolutely love the connection between Booth and Bones. They are a perfect team.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Mr (letting him know he was not a doctor) hypenated-british sirname. LOL that cracked me up too but she never does get close enough to many people to be on a first name basis with them. Cam was hiliarious with curbing his irrevelant information tyrades.

I think I like Booth and Bones' scenes in the car the most, it's where their relationship is showcased no matter if they are talking about the case or not.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I got a huge kick out of Sweets and the fired intern last night. Her little pat to his rear was endearing but I would have seen it as condescending if a man did that to a woman bad on me!

I really hate the Angela/Roxy lesbian storyline - I feel like they are just throwing it in there to be news-worthy.

Sweets and Angela in the bar was also very humourous. Was the Kabuki-goth chick the red-head from News Radio? I guess I can check that myself.

ETA: yep it was her. Vicki Lewis
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ok, beautiful bi woman on woman action on both Bones and House...who would think Fox would be the station doing this...on the other hand the fact that at least one of the women is bi each time feeds into the "traditional" male fantasy, so, ok maybe NOT surprising it is on Fox.
    Notice that over at Seattle Grace (GA) the women aren't so traditionally beautiful...of course notice that they are also
    Click to see Spoiler:
    cancelling that relationship according to the rumors
    , so I'm not sure how many points GA gets for that.

Did I miss the point when Sweets and Daisy first got together? Because that ending last night shocked the heck out of me!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3230016;
    Did I miss the point when Sweets and Daisy first got together? Because that ending last night shocked the heck out of me!
    The last episode she was in--she and Sweets had a connection. At the end of the episode, he was shown calling someone, presumably to ask Daisy out. Evidenly she said yes, because they had been seeing each other secretly.

Okay. I never made the connection that it was the same girl. You know, I have to make a little observation. Sweets always makes himself available to listen to Brennan, Booth, Angela, Hodgins, etc..gripe about their problems. I'd like to see the writers make Sweets a little more relate-able (is that the right word). I'm sure that Sweets has had some issues in his past that have tormented him but you never see it because he's too busy listening to everyone else. Even Psychologists need a "couch trip" once in a while. It would be nice to see Booth and Brennan or Angela just put aside their issues for a change and maybe offer an ear to Sweets. "Hey, you've been our pyschologist, let us be there for you for once. We never see Sweets in a emotional state because he's too busy being psychologist to Booth and Brennan and occasionally Angela.

+ Reply to Thread