+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Bones

Re: Bones

I don't really miss Zach this season even if they rotate people in and out of his slot on the show.

I didn't really care for Sweets last season and wished they had kept Zach and let him go. However, I really enjoyed him last week! I still wish they had kept Zach and hope they don't separate Angela and Hodges permanently. 25-1/2 hours until the next episode! Well, maybe a little more than that but not much!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

What happened? I missed the last hour last week. Where did Hodges go? Bring him back. After everything they went through to get that guy to give her the divorce, they could at least keep them together. And incidentally, I don't see what everyone was so about with the ex. I didn't see anything attractive about him. He wasn't gorgeous and he was a jerk. Okay. Now that that's over. I am sooooo waiting for a Bones/Booth hookup. They're so cute together. I know that they're 2 totally opposite personalities but they're cute. Of course with our luck the minute they do that, they'll decide to pull a Silk Stalkings and bring in new characters so they can kill off Booth and send Bones to a new position. So maybe I don't want a hookup. Well, I do but I don't want it to end the way it did for Chris and Rita on SS
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey

B & B will hook up for real when hell freezes over, AKA they know the series is ending... although they are clearly inching in that direction with Booth being so obviously jealous of her interaction with the dead British guy, but inching is the word. My fear is they won't have enough warning the series isn't being renewed so they will leave us suspended...wish all series would set an end date to work towards like LOST. Or as with ER knowing it's ending.
    Hodges didn't leave the show or anything. He and Angela decided they didn't trust each other on some deep level (having to do with his jealousy over her ex), so therefore they didn't love each other, so therefore they should split...and neither of them tried to convince the other they were wrong. So therefore the spark was gone. Yeah, you didn't follow that logic? It didn't help that much to see it live. After all the build up on their romance it certainly took the air out of the tires. I suppose they are going to have them get back together again eventually, but it's going to be hard to believe in them again after they broke up in about 20 minutes, with a real air of finality.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3194722;
    Hodges didn't leave the show or anything. He and Angela decided they didn't trust each other on some deep level (having to do with his jealousy over her ex), so therefore they didn't love each other, so therefore they should split...and neither of them tried to convince the other they were wrong. So therefore the spark was gone. Yeah, you didn't follow that logic? It didn't help that much to see it live. After all the build up on their romance it certainly took the air out of the tires. I suppose they are going to have them get back together again eventually, but it's going to be hard to believe in them again after they broke up in about 20 minutes, with a real air of finality.
    That was, without a doubt, one of the most dumbassed breakups I have ever witnessed on a tv show (I've seen some dumber ones in real life, unfortunately). Taking someone's perfectly natural insecurity about their loved one's studly ex doesn't translate into a genuine and deep-seated lack of trust, as far as I'm concerned. It just made me think that if they are both that prima donna-ish about the occasional instability of emotion, how would they ever be able to support each other through an event of real consequence. Or Angela (the real nutjob in this situation) was looking for an out.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3194767;
    That was, without a doubt, one of the most dumbassed breakups I have ever witnessed on a tv show (I've seen some dumber ones in real life, unfortunately). Taking someone's perfectly natural insecurity about their loved one's studly ex doesn't translate into a genuine and deep-seated lack of trust, as far as I'm concerned. It just made me think that if they are both that prima donna-ish about the occasional instability of emotion, how would they ever be able to support each other through an event of real consequence. Or Angela (the real nutjob in this situation) was looking for an out.
    Rattus, glad to know I am not alone in my disappointment in that... Jeepers! But loved your parentheses, so true!

They didn't even touch on the break up at all last night. What a rip off! They just worked apart and came together now and again for analysis of evidence. Angela looked like she'd been crying but it's hard to tell. I know they will revisit the break up and relationship but it was very strange to not have a single mention of it anywhere in the episode.
    Loved Bones' two boyfriends!! That made me laugh. Sweets was so adorable last night I wanted to pinch his cheeks!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

From what I remember about the end of last season, they filmed several (I think 4) more episodes that were budgeted as Season 3 episodes, then did the London episode pair. The London pair aired first but the remaining Season 3 budget episodes then are to air afterward as Season 4 episodes. It had to do with the writers strike. So, what I'm getting at, rather inarticulately, is that the whole breakup story line may not have been really sketched out when last night's episode was written and shot. At least that's what I'm chalking it up to, since it doesn't make any sense that no one even tacitly addressed the breakup and the characters are always in each other's personal business (e.g. Bones' sex life last night).

Thanks PhoneGrrrl. I thought it was really strange that nothing was said in the episode. I guess I'll have to wait for a few more weeks to see what happens with Angela and Hodges.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Who is John Galt?

I love this show. Every episode is crisp and well written (except the breakup between Angela and Hodges). That left me scratching my head with a big HUH? What a stupid reason to break up. I also agree that the ex was just sort of hot. He had a great body, but his face - not so much. Bones and Booth have the best chemistry of all most any other couple on TV. They are opposites sure, but they complement each other so well. Her weaknesses are his strengths, and visa versa. I love her logic on almost everything, but then she operates from an area of nearly pure logic which keeps her from maturing emotionally (a problem for many geniuses). I do miss Zach and like Sweets. They are much alike in many ways.

+ Reply to Thread