+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Bones

FORT Regular
    Bleh. Probably won't be tuning in this year. I expect this to be canceled midseason.

I thought it was ok.
    I'd watch it again if there was nothing else on, but I wouldn't be upset if I missed future episodes.

I never watched Angel but the actor is pretty good. For some reason the female lead grates on my nerves though. I just don't like her, she is annoying, so after one episode I've decided to tune out this one. There is a lot of new shows this season so keeping up with old favorites and finding a few good new ones is already stretching my time and Bones just isn't making the cut.

I love the interplay between Booth and the "squints" (as he calls them).

I think this show has a great balance between science and character development. It appeals to both the geek AND the romantic in me

Thank god its back on! Melissab73's Avatar
    I like the idea behind the show, I like the actors in the show. But for some reason....I get bored and I end up flipping channels. I wanted to like Bones I really did.

JR.
    I tried, I gave it two shows but it's not working for me. We already have a show like this, it's called CSI.

I liked this week's episode, I think the characters are starting to develop more dimensions, and I was caught up in the mystery. I'm making a point to keep this one on my watch list.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Premium Member
    Okay, so FOX cancels "Headcases" after two episodes, yet "Bones" stays on? I felt like "Headcases" had more promise of lasting as a series....

I agree with JR, it's like CSI-lite or something.

And sure, it's still very early on in the season (and series) but I had hoped for at least some kind of chemistry between the characters by now! At this point, at the end of each episode, I am left with the feeling that none of the characters even remotely like each other, much less more than barely tolerate one another. Which means it will be a far stretch to get the main David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel characters to start a romantic storyline, which I think I saw an interview was supposed to happen at some point in the show. (Sheesh, Mulder and Scully had more chemistry and they weren't even trying to hook up!) And not that I need to have any romance happening on the show, obviously, but I shouldn't be feeling stressed out every time Booth walks into the same room as Brennan, knowing that a disagreement is mere moments away - at this point I just wish they would conduct all their business over the phone like most businesses.

I just can't figure out why this show isn't working for me. Is it because each week's show has a predictable outcome? Is it because the actors don't have any chemistry? Bad writing? Weak plot? Whatever it is, I won't feel like I'm missing anything if I happen to forget which night it comes on and eventually stop watching.

Big Brother Obsession!! Davis_Rocks's Avatar
    I personally like Bones... House and Bones and CSI are all good.... Bones may not be the BEST show, but I dont think its that bad

i like how she is like socially-awkward... thats what makes it good for me

I don't watch CSI (or most other crime procedural-type shows), so I guess that's why it doesn't seem old to me?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread