+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sex and the City

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    I think it's kind of weird that we're talking about a show that's been over for two years, but it is in syndication, I guess reaching new audiences.

I, for one--and maybe the only one--was thrilled that Kim Catrall put the kibosh on a S&TC movie. I loved the show and watched it since it's first episode back in '98. The last episode wrapped up the series in a way that I did not like. I still watch seasons 1-4 on DVD, but really can only get through the first half of season 6 without starting to feel disenchanted with the tone change toward the end. Everyone was happily paired off in whatever kind of relationship they settled for. It was a little too standard sitcom-ish. When Friends ended nearly the same way two months later, I was even more disappointed in the stock conclusion S&TC came to. And that left me wondering--where could a movie go? A big wedding thing with Carrie & Big? Samantha & Smith? I'd find that hard to believe and seriously out of the spirit of the first 4 seasons of the show. Plus, any plan to make a movie would have just come off to me like a blatant money grab. I am glad they never did the movie. The show can still retain some of its uniqueness in my memory that got me hooked so early on.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I think it's kind of weird that we're talking about a show that's been over for two years, but it is in syndication, I guess reaching new audiences.

I, for one--and maybe the only one--was thrilled that Kim Catrall put the kibosh on a S&TC movie. I loved the show and watched it since it's first episode back in '98. The last episode wrapped up the series in a way that I did not like. I still watch seasons 1-4 on DVD, but really can only get through the first half of season 6 without starting to feel disenchanted with the tone change toward the end. Everyone was happily paired off in whatever kind of relationship they settled for. It was a little too standard sitcom-ish. When Friends ended nearly the same way two months later, I was even more disappointed in the stock conclusion S&TC came to. And that left me wondering--where could a movie go? A big wedding thing with Carrie & Big? Samantha & Smith? I'd find that hard to believe and seriously out of the spirit of the first 4 seasons of the show. Plus, any plan to make a movie would have just come off to me like a blatant money grab. I am glad they never did the movie. The show can still retain some of its uniqueness in my memory that got me hooked so early on.

Actually (if my memory serves me correctly), the actual script for the movie would be how the four girls actually got to know one another. I thought (and still think) it was a fantastic storyline. I'm not sure whether it would have been done with flashbacks or with the entire movie set in the early 90s. However, I do remember reading somewhere that at the end of the movie, there was supposed to be a wedding - but the twist was that it was for Stanford Blatch (sp?)

Anyone care to comment on/confirm/discredit this? My memory isn't as good as it used to be.

Re: Sex and the City

Well the movie is a go, filming will begin next month. Chris Noth has signed on so I'm thinking it will pick up where the series left off. I'm excited!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2519472;
    Well the movie is a go, filming will begin next month. Chris Noth has signed on so I'm thinking it will pick up where the series left off. I'm excited!
    I am too. I have hope that it will be a satisfying finish to a show that ended too soon for me. I trust that Chris would not sign on to a clunker any more than Sara J would produce one.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2519596;
    I am too. I have hope that it will be a satisfying finish to a show that ended too soon for me. I trust that Chris would not sign on to a clunker any more than Sara J would produce one.
    Not so fast ... Have you seen "A Perfect Man"? Or The Glass House? Chris has agreed to a clunker or two in his time.

Have they even complete the script, or are they just lining up all the players at this point?

shoepie-I agree it ended way too soon.

Veruka-I read that filming begins next month so I'm assuming a script is ready.

I have the schedule for the filming, i was kind of surprised by the precipitation.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

The movie is set for release May 30th. Go to sexandthecitymovie.com and you can see the trailer. It looks like it's going to be good!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I am so excited for the movie! Sex and the City is my favorite show. I started watching it back when it was on HBO and I still watch it almost every night on TV or DVD. I have every season on DVD. Yaaay!
    Wake up and be awesome

Me too! Did you watch the trailer? It's going to be GOOD!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast