+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Sex and the City

I heard that Kim Catrell wanted the same amount of money that SJP was getting to do the film
    Was that it? Way to screw yourself out of a job, Kimmers.

Isn't SJP the exec producer also? So why did Kim think she's gonna get a raise?

Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    Hmmm... I don't have a problem at all with Carrie! I her to death!!!

The one I can't stand is Charlotte. To me, all she ever does is whine. She whines because her wedding didn't go perfect, her dog is in heat, her dog is pregnant, because she's divorced, etc. etc. etc. ALL SHE DOES IS WHINE! I find it very annoying... I dislike her so much...

It's a given, given the name

(that's my little joke, my real name is Charlotte and I complain a lot. I try not to, I just have an idea of EXACTLY what I want and when I don't get it, well.....)

Carly
    Time flies by in photographs, and paper scraps and songs... Read mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Did you guys ever see Christina Aguilera when she was on "Saturday Night Live?" They did a "S&TC" spoof and she played Samantha--she had the whole droll voice down pat. She was really, really funny (esp. since none of the three other comedians sounded even remotely like the other gals on the show).
    I saw that and Christina had Samantha down dead on, it was so funny, she kept saying, "I'm a dude" hilarious!

Oh and ladies, it's Mc-con-a-HAY not Mc-con-a-hee,

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by giz View Post
    I'm watching all the reruns on Bravo, and just wondering what the other people watching think of it. There's a number of things I love about the show.
    The writing: it's quick and clever and thoughtful.
    New York: wish I could go, yearning for it.
    The clothes: wish I had the $ for the wardrobe.
    The acting: uniformly good
    The characters: love Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte. Love the men, are there really men like Steve and Harry in the world? Hope so. Have devloped crush on David Eisenberg (Chris Noth is a given, John Corbett's character is too long-suffering).

There's one thing I don't like about the show: Carrie Bradshaw. Argh! Can't stand her. Well, I can sort of stand her when she's with her friends, but as soon as a man looms into view she tosses her hair, she minces, she pouts her lip. It is so freaking infuriating! Why does SJP play her this way? Does this rub anyone else the wrong way, or is it just me? Love the other women characters though, they are never wrong!

I didn't notice the pouting lips and hair-tossing! But I can identify with Carris Bradshaw in the sense that I always felt that I couldn't be myself around my ex-boyfriends - I have to be absolutely perfect and witty and pretty etc. When I'm with my close friends I'm completely myself but I feel so pressured when I'm in a relationship. That's why the episode where Carrie farted in front of Big was the one I could relate to the most.

I thought the whole Kim Cattrall thing was yesterday's news. When the news broke about the movie not getting off the ground 2 years ago, all signs pointed to her. It's too bad. I would have really liked to see the movie.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zut13 View Post
    I thought the whole Kim Cattrall thing was yesterday's news. When the news broke about the movie not getting off the ground 2 years ago, all signs pointed to her. It's too bad. I would have really liked to see the movie.
    Yeah, everyone was assuming that, but I think that at this year's press conference for her new movie (Failure to Launch), it was the first time SJP admitted that Kim was the cause of it. I think that's how it went anyhow...

FORT Newbie
    I heard the same rumor- the movie would have been awesome and would have made serious bank in the theater. I don't know one woman who wouldn't go see it. It's a shame Cattrall had to be so stubborn..

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Was that it? Way to screw yourself out of a job, Kimmers.

Isn't SJP the exec producer also? So why did Kim think she's gonna get a raise?
    I read that Cattrall also wanted script approval.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

... and yet, what has Cattrall done since? Not a wise move, I'd say. Granted, SJP may or may not have gotten a bit full of herself on set, being star and exec producer, but, part of being part of a team is just dealing. And knowing where you are on the pecking order!

and yet, what has Cattrall done since?
    She wrote a book all about Sex, and has a Special running on HBO that's all about....you guessed it----SEX. I'm beginning to think the "Samantha" character wasn't too much of a stretch for Kim to play, they seem to have a lot in common..coughcoughtotalslutcou gh..

And all that stuff about wanting big money & script approval to do a S&TC movie was just excuses, I think Kim really hated SJP, and when they wrapped S&TC, she probably couldn't bring herself to work with SJP anymore...

Reality Lite Weight LiteWeightLiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I'm beginning to think the "Samantha" character wasn't too much of a stretch for Kim to play, they seem to have a lot in common..coughcoughtotalslutcou gh..
    I thought the same thing when I stumbled across her book on Amazon... WhatEVER!
    Quote: "Going cold turkey isn't as delicious as it sounds." -- Homer Simpson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast